[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
D-Pad patch?  XML
NFL Blitz  > NFL Blitz General Discussion

Is there any chance of us getting a patch that enables the d-pad to control movement? This game would be better if I could control it with an arcade stick.

it wouldnt stop the ppl from using qb post over and over and over and over and over and over again. after all we know which ones use it and which ones abuse it. so its worthless

Well the game play is so * some of us can't help but exploit it, because it is the only way to compete against some people. I only play online to take a break from the Gauntlet, because the online play is pretty much unplayable. Today I did ok, actually won 2 games in one session! I think that was a first. But I of course ran into one opponent who was so completely overwhelming I just quit about half-way through the 2nd Q. Didn't even offer a Friendly which no-one ever accepts anyway. His kicker was unblockable on kickoffs, his LB was unblockable on D, and kicker this time was as follows: I call some play, he shows an all-out blitz, so I audible to Bomb, he audibles to a base set, I hike and scramble towards the WR's, and before my QB is outside the T (what is that, 0.5 seconds?) ALL three receivers are on the ground! That's why this game sucks: people can accomplish what I cannot, so it is unfair. I don't care if it's a bug or a feature or a cheat; it's NOT fun. Oh, and another thing: played one guy who entered a bunch of cheat codes and was dialing up codes that don't work for me. Nothing game-changing, but he came out in Robot with Huge Head Team. I play HHT all the time in Gauntlet, so I have tried to play it many times heads-up. But it's locked, so how did my opponent play it?

DrStrangepork wrote:Well the game play is so * some of us can't help but exploit it, because it is the only way to compete against some people. I only play online to take a break from the Gauntlet, because the online play is pretty much unplayable. Today I did ok, actually won 2 games in one session! I think that was a first. But I of course ran into one opponent who was so completely overwhelming I just quit about half-way through the 2nd Q. Didn't even offer a Friendly which no-one ever accepts anyway. His kicker was unblockable on kickoffs, his LB was unblockable on D, and kicker this time was as follows: I call some play, he shows an all-out blitz, so I audible to Bomb, he audibles to a base set, I hike and scramble towards the WR's, and before my QB is outside the T (what is that, 0.5 seconds?) ALL three receivers are on the ground! That's why this game sucks: people can accomplish what I cannot, so it is unfair. I don't care if it's a bug or a feature or a cheat; it's NOT fun. Oh, and another thing: played one guy who entered a bunch of cheat codes and was dialing up codes that don't work for me. Nothing game-changing, but he came out in Robot with Huge Head Team. I play HHT all the time in Gauntlet, so I have tried to play it many times heads-up. But it's locked, so how did my opponent play it?

You literally just said that because your opponent has the ability to do something that you don't e game is unfair. Mthats lunacy. Complaining about Quick Passing is one thing, but audibling to Da Bomb and letting somebody take target practice at your WRs is on you. People play more than you, they get better than you, they acquire more skills, and they learn to do things that you can't. That's how video games work.

[quote=Maverick1X]You literally just said that because your opponent has the ability to do something that you don't e game is unfair. Mthats lunacy. Complaining about Quick Passing is one thing, but audibling to Da Bomb and letting somebody take target practice at your WRs is on you. People play more than you, they get better than you, they acquire more skills, and they learn to do things that you can't. That's how video games work.[/quote]

Uh...yeah! That is the definition of unfair, because the game is not equal. I can only control one player at a time, yet my opponents - and this has happened at least twice now - have the ability to control up to three players simultaneously. There is no mention of that ability in the Help, no mention online, no mention in the game itself, so I do not have the ability to play the game the same way. That is unfair. In roughly 20% of the games I have played, the player my opponent controls is unblockable, and when I say unblockable I mean that player simply knocks over my player(s) whenever he comes in contact with them. Kickers run through my players on a kick return, knocking them over and running unimpeded and unhindered to my return player. LB's knock my linemen to the ground and hit me in less than 0.5 seconds. When I run a play with my QB under center, I don't have enough time to hike, jump and hit pass before at least one defender is on me. I literally have to run my entire offense from shotgun, because I will not make it more than 0.5 seconds before getting hit. In shotgun, I have the 1-1.5 seconds that I need to run my plays at all which is not as good as running them effectively. Yet when I run into any opponent with the player I control, I get blocked and hung up with my opponent's players. Again, unfair. They get unblocked, I get blocked. Again, no explanation of how that is possible, no logic behind it, no cheat for it. And then I come here, to a community of users and of support personnel from the developer, and they can't explain it either. So it's not as simple as, say, the Tekmo Bowl design where Lawrence Taylor and other elite names were unblockable.

So again I ask the question: how do people perform the inhuman things their players do in the game? How do LB's and K's simply bowl people over every play, over and over, when in the same situation my players get blocked? Oh, and I forgot this one: over the weekend I played a guy who jumped and intercepted me every single drive in the first half. Every * drive (until I quit the game of course, after the 4th just before the end of the half)? Saying Da Bomb is the problem is ridiculous, because again one player cannot take out three WR's in 0.5 seconds with a dive or a push. That play can be easily covered by a skilled player, and even I have gotten to a point that I feel relief when I see an opponent do that, because the play is easier for me to defend. But I'm not instantaneously knocking down all his WR's.

I play all the time, and I am picking up skills. I'm currently running through a Gauntlet in which my opponent hasn't scored over 10 points a game, and I am practicing my stiff arms and interceptions, and I'm getting better. I've got over 40 completed games head-to-head (not including games where either of us quit early), and I am holding my own better. But there are some games where people are gods, and there is no explanation for it. Look, people figured out that QB Post can be undefendable, and when enough people saw the *, they came here to discuss it. Whether you want to call that play a bug or an exploit, it makes you better when you play it, because you advance the ball with such regularity. But the fact is [b]we now all know about it[/b]. It isn't hidden. Now I'm saying that some other things are bugs, and people are silent. That tells me that there is either a worldwide conspiracy against me, or people have discovered an undocumented feature that they don't want to share, or it is a bug. Conspiracy? No. Bug? Doubtful, since the devs on here seem dedicated to making the game play fair. The only reasonable explanation is then that there are bugs/features in the game which make you inhuman, and no-one wants to share the actual procedure - not players, not devs. And that's *. This isn't a cheat code that opens a secret passage somewhere where you can obtain 10% more gold on that level of the dungeon. This is a cheat code that makes you invulnerable for the duration of a game in which you play another live person as an opponent. Grossly unfair.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/13/2012 09:11:12

They aren't bugs. Name people have enough stick skill to do those things you mentioned. If you want to be able to do it, play this game all day. If its not that important to you, stop complaining. It's not a glitch, I promise. It's absurd stick skill.

Here's a tip- stop calling Da Bomb. Awful play. If you have problems getting jammed, avoid formations where all three WRs are in the same area.

When you or anyone else can explain to me how stick control can cause three individual defenders to take down one WR each in 0.5 seconds, then I'll believe you. When you or anyone else can explain to me how stick control can cause the controlled defender to swoop down through my entire offense in 0.5 seconds, then I'll believe you. And when you or anyone else can explain to me how stick control can cause an opponent to NOT avoid blocks but to literally knock OL on their backs play after play after play, then I'll believe you.

I am considering recording each online game I play with my phone, so that I can prove that I'm not making this * up. When I say that my opponent knocks my players over again and again, I mean literally almost every play. At least 90%. Along with accompanying sounds of bowling pins getting knocked over.

My point is I am not seeing inhuman skills whenever I run Da Bomb. I see it every single play. When it does happen, it is so consistent that I have to run every play from shotgun to have any chance to complete a pass, and Da Bomb is one of the shotgun plays, so it ends up in the rotation.

Try hail mary

The * continues. Today, I played simple head-to-head matches. My fourth opponent was on the elite level (because as usual I can never find people on the rookie or novice level). Three drives in a row, my opponent's WR's were knocking my DB's to the ground before the QB passed the ball. I turned off the game after his QB rolled right, passed deep left, and one of his WR's knocked his DB to the ground, then knocked my other deep DB to the ground, and the WR who was covered by the second DB caught an easy bomb for a TD (though technically, I pulled the plug before he reached the endzone, so maybe he fumbled and my D ran it back for a TD...).

It's just such * *. Once again, no cheat, no explanation, and according to the help/instructions, what occurred should not even be possible. Again, a player can only control one person on the screen at a time. Yet just about every time I play online, I run into at least one player with godlike abilities. And in this case, it clearly could not have been the player making his WR's do that, because he had to remain in control of the QB in order to pass the ball. And once a target WR is selected, the control moves to that WR, so I literally cannot even come up with cheat scenarios where what I saw could at all be possible. If I didn't know better, I would think there's an actual conspiracy against me in the game, because the * that I run into simply has no explanation.

I am seriously considering creating a different ID and just playing offense when online. Literally, first play on D, just run all my guys away from the ball carrier, let them score and concentrate on running my O, because I can't waste my time learning how to be God when I have no idea how to be. Just work on exploiting whatever I can exploit playing against a team consisting of 7 Almighty *'s.

Oh, and just so no-one thinks I'm more insane than they already think, I see some completely ridiculous plays coming from my team at times as well. Once I caught a deep pass and was being chased by two defenders. I hit B to spin, juking one DB, then I hit B again, and I sprinted at least 30 yards for a TD in less than a second. Way faster than Turbo ever makes you. It was almost instantaneous. I started the play behind my 50, that much is for sure, because it was only the second play of the game, and I did not cross mid-field on the first play. Then later in that same game, I carried a defender about 20 yards for a TD, hitting B the whole time. My WR was not even encumbered; his arms were moving in the standard "sprinting" motions. At first, I thought I'd discovered a "god cheat" that I see online all the time, but I've never been able to duplicate it, and I've never seen this happen to an opponent while playing online, so I'm chalking it up as a bug.

I think you are going to have to stick with the conspiracy theory of yours because I see no problem when I am playing my opponents. I pretty much gave up on complaining about people using Quick Pass exploit and Hail Marry exploit because I can stop it and win either way.

The majority of the top 100 people do it so repetitively that I get to refine my abilities against it every game since everyone resorts to it.

So if I were you, I would stop complaining and try to get better at fixing the flaws in your game.

Also, it really isn't 'unfair' when you say they knock down all receivers down quickly on defense because you get an equal opportunity to do the same when you get put on defense.

[quote=A_Fast_Black_Guy]I think you are going to have to stick with the conspiracy theory of yours because I see no problem when I am playing my opponents. I pretty much gave up on complaining about people using Quick Pass exploit and Hail Marry exploit because I can stop it and win either way.

The majority of the top 100 people do it so repetitively that I get to refine my abilities against it every game since everyone resorts to it.

So if I were you, I would stop complaining and try to get better at fixing the flaws in your game.

Also, it really isn't 'unfair' when you say they knock down all receivers down quickly on defense because you get an equal opportunity to do the same when you get put on defense.[/quote]

First off, please explain the Hail Mary exploit, because I need to use exploits in order to have any chance of winning online. I try not to use the QP exploit except for 2-point conversions. I try not to abuse it.

I am trying to fix the flaws in my game. Pretty much every day actually. And I am getting better, but I have not yet risen to the level of Commander of the Universe, of Changer of the Laws of Physics or of Q from Star Trek. I am the top-ranked player in my current Battle Board in MA (though only 6 of us have any wins at all, and I am the only player with more than 1 win).

Actually, I do NOT get an equal opportunity to do what I see getting done to me. When a play starts, say Da Bomb, and all the WR's are tightly collected together, one can easily take them all out. Even I can take down up to two (so far). I am referring to WR's out in space running their routes knocking down all the DB's. When you control one defender, you can (theoretically) use the controller to attack the WR's and knock them over. I am referring to non-player-controlled WR's taking out DB's while the player is in control of his QB. I do not have the ability to do that. You see, when I play the game, I can only control my QB until I deliver the ball to someone else. I WISH I could control my WR's while I am in control of the QB. Then maybe they wouldn't change their routes to button-hooks when the fly route that they are supposed to run would result in a long completion, or better yet, maybe they would just knock over all the defenders and score on every pass play.
NFL Blitz  > NFL Blitz General Discussion
Go to: