[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin 8.51 crashes and previous versions cant connect...  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Hi, first of all i want to apologize for my bad english.

Since update 8.51 the program crashes when i try to run it. I've tried to uninstall and prove a previous version but cant connect (program dont crashes but there's some kind of error with password, i think...).

When i run Origin previous version a window jumps with the latest patch avaliable to download, i click NO and the user/password window appears. I Type username and password and... error!, cant connect!...

Why do you launch an update who is causing troubles to a lot of people?. Previous version works for everybody so, why dont you re-launch that previous version without forcing people to install latest version?. What is supposed we must do?, format or reinstall Windows (thats the way to solve this according to tec-service..............)?, dont play FIFA, Battlefield etc?............ Its not the kind of service we all desire.

You should quickly solve this issue and make functional program for everybody. Tuesday Origin works fine, Wednesday doesn't work... what's up with that?. Please, info, news. What can we do?

Solutions, EA, please...

Again, im sorry if i dont explain clairly cause my bad english (no translators). Waiting news form EA.

Cheers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/01/2012 10:53:26

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi HarlockFIFA,

Send a pm to you. Please have a try.

Thanks
[WWW]

I send the mail with the screens and logs.

Tried again to reinstall, update, reboot, reinstall, install old version... never works...

You should value go to previous build and allow people to play for that we have paid, not test and test again forcing people to wait and waste time.
When update is 100% working then release it again. If not, ¿its supposed that we have to wait patiently?. I Dont understand why the first day, the first, people was posting issues EA did not insta-return to previous working version. That would be polite.

Still waiting...

Edited:

Issue #1: Problems installing Origin 8.5 (OriginTMP.exe does not get renamed or does not exist).

Chances are if you are running Security Apps you will need to remove any old permissions for Origin and add new exceptions. Since the installer has changed they way it works to be faster, this may cause a conflict with your security software. Here's why:

Origin creates a file called "OriginTMP.exe" and then runs "updatetool.exe". The TMP file then gets renamed to Origin.exe.

This is the precise type of behavior that anti-malware programs and such are designed to stop. An .exe file renaming another exe. My guess is that if you watch your Origin directory as the program is installing, your security software is quarantining (or deleting) one or more of the Origin executable files. This is why some of you are saying you don't see the TMP file.

If you do not have the TMP file and are having issues installing 8.5, we have a fixed version we'd like you to test. Here's the instructions:

1. Navigate to your Origin directory. ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin is default ).
2. Delete EVERYTHING in there except for Origin.exe and OriginUninstall.exe
3. Download this zip file linked below:

https://secure.download.dm.origin.com/usertest/OriginUpdate_8_5_0_4550.zip

4. Drop the zip file into your Origin directory. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE.
5. Double click Origin.exe to run it which will install the new version.

If you still have OriginTMP.exe and can't launch origin:

1. Delete origin.exe and updatetool.exe
2. Rename OriginTMP.exe to Origin.exe

Please try disabling your security software or be sure you have listed all of the various Origin .exe files in your list of "allowed programs" or security whitelist.

Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Not working!. I follow each step, disabling every single software i can disable (not only firewall, ect) and origintmp.exe never is in the folder, never.

Seriously, back to previous version and show us that users are in first position of the list, allowing us to play meanwhile bugs are being fixed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/02/2012 04:21:42

4. Drop the zip file into your Origin directory. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE.
5. Double click Origin.exe to run it which will install the new version.

the same for me ....i download the files and drop into folder .when i click on origin.exe , it s the same problem origin shut down ...do anything ! i m furious ! 2 days and a lots of hours for search the solution ! we paid the game , we want it work !

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi neo-nicois,

Thanks for your post.
How about uninstall Origin. Then direct to www.origin.com/about to download the latest version?
Will the origintmp.exe file appear?

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Ive tried that too 4 or 5 times, never works. Origintmp.exe never appears, dont mind if installing newest or older version, no origintmp.exe (antivirus disabled). Crash, crash, crash...

Any date to fix the problem or shall we wait and waste time testing and searching for solutions?.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi HarlockFIFA,

Thanks for your feedback.
Please provide your OS version?
And the crash happens when you attemp to launch Origin?

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

As i've explained posting in forum and sending a mail, the crash happens when i try to install last version. It seems that Origin DONT install correctly with last version cause only two files in folder, Origin.exe and Originuninstall.exe (i send yesterday screens of all)

If I install old version then i cant connect to Origin, cause an error happens in login screen. It installs correctly but cant connect.

If I try to update with an older version previosly installed, then crashes again while installing and crashes when trying to run it.

Ive tested some ways, rebooting, uninstalling, cleaning reg, disabling software, ect., never works... and origintmp.exe never is in folder.

OS Windows 7 64

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/02/2012 12:30:05

As user said, disconnecting from internet before opening Origin and connecting again in login screen, it works to run Origin. I havent test yet if there's any issue playing, i'll do it tomorrow.

Hope a fix will be released soon to finally connect in normal way.

Regards.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: