[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH EA.  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

Was this censored? I did not start this thread, so a post is missing?
I am only dissapointed, not very, and only with SSX/EA.
EA still has many very good games out there to play.

I do believe they learned their lesson with this game, and listining
to the cry baby Batty who could not handle getting knocked down
in the previous games, was a fail thing to do.
I will say on paper his idea sounded novel, and could still be viable
to use in some form, but failed as the main gameplay aspect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 07:45:16

Overall, this is my favorite SSX to date.

Batty and his team went above and beyond IMO and still are. I have never seen fan consideration taken into account like I have with this game. It is unrealistic to give everyone everything they want, but what they have been able to give us is spectacular.

My hat is off for Todd and his team for giving me the most addicting game experience I have ever had. The fact that I am still putting in ultra long sessions with SSX 2012 2 months later says it all and I have never done that with another game.

I respect you opinion, and wish it were true, or truer for the masses.
But the near instant decline in people playing this game solidifies there are issues.
I do not think the game sucks, but it needs work.

I hope they release fixes in the DLC, not giving it up yet.
Not gonna toss the whole series to the side because one yahoo messed up.

BTW. Are you Todd Batty? I think so.

[Avatar]

innzane wrote:I respect you opinion, and wish it were true, or truer for the masses.
But the near instant decline in people playing this game solidifies there are issues.
I do not think the game sucks, but it needs work.

I hope they release fixes in the DLC, not giving it up yet.
Not gonna toss the whole series to the side because one yahoo messed up.

BTW. Are you Todd Batty? I think so.

This absolutely.

The ineptitude on the management of this game is astonishing. They should have fixed the badge issue week one and then put an announcement on the homepage that they were working on true multiplayer or splitscreen. Even then, once you anger your customer base, you rarely get the chance to get them back.. No dlc in this game is going to save it now.. . been waaaaaay to long and waaaaay to little. It will never be what it coulld/should have been.

Lol, no I am not Todd Batty. I go by KING TOE on xbox and my last name is Smith.

I think the problem might be the time it takes to really get a handle on the game. Easy to pick up and play, but HARD to master. To me, that is a great game, but many wont have the patience and/or be willing to put in the time/effort to really improve. Is all this the games fault? No, not IMO. This is why the replay factor is through the roof. So many tracks, huge variety and degree of difficulty, entirely new game play elements such as the wing suit........there is no end in sight as far as my SSX time. Throw in the DLC and this game has absolutely HUGE replay factor.

Sorry, I know I am gushing, but I Love this game.....

[Avatar]

No way toe.

I play with very experienced gamers and we all plat'd this game. Nobody plays anymore. Every friend I have didn't last past the bot added badge. Once that happened, they dropped the game like a rock.

We like to play with people online. Not play against spreadsheet times. The lack of multiplayer KILLED this game and no reasoning other than that will do.

The game is a virtual ghost town because multiplayer sucks, not because the game is hard lol

I rate this game a 4 on a scale of 1 - 10 for plat trophy. If the 50k badge is removed from the rating that is.

The game isn't hard by any stretch.

I love the multiplayer. Sure I would have loved trad mp as well, but if time/resources could allow only one, they absolutely made the right decision.

I am just as addicted as day 1 which surprises me since I have never been like that with a game. I have a couple rivals on my list that I am very competitive with where we are going back and forth topping each others best.......this never gets old IMO.

Game is not hard? I 100% disagree with you there. Can you score 150+mil on Serenity? 40+ mil on One Step Ahead? I cant, but it takes mad skill to pull that type of performance and is incredibly hard.......you dont agree?

Sorry the game is not your cup of tea, but me and many others cant get enough Best SSX to date for me overall without question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 13:01:24

[Avatar]

Yes I can actually and you don't need to. There is no reason to score 150 on serenity. Not even close.

The only time you would need to do that is if you just had to be top dog on the online spreadsheet and guess what... nobody cares about that because it's a waste of time.

The majority of gamers have spoken on this by leaving the game.

That doesn't mean there are not people still playing and having fun.. it means there are very few of them and it could have been much better.

You are in the EXTREME minority if you think this type of multiplayer is the "Best CHoice" I am sorry to say.

It's just not the same as racing your friends.

I have a full friends list of people I have known for years. I don't care two squirts what some guy I don't know and never play with is doing.

Leaderboards are for games that have a healthy multiplayer community. Not for a ghost town like this game. The leaderboard is meaningless because many, if not all of the best players don't care to participate.

No reason? How about beating your personal best which above all else is my ultimate goal when I play, not to mention bragging rights. If you can bust out 150mil on Serenity, I would love to see a vid or even just a pic of your score.

All things considered, this is the best multi play for this game overall. We are just going to have to agree to disagree on that.

Maybe its time you move on to another game if this one does not float your boat like it does for many of us. Lots of other options out there you know, and maybe you can find one that you love as much as many of us love SSX!

Good luck!

[Avatar]

Again, what you can do doesn't matter to me at all Toe. I don't play with you so it doesn't matter. I've been playing these game forever. I have vids on youtube if you care to look for them go for it.

I 101'd Burnout before there were even trophies for the game. The entire group of people whom I play with that plat'd that game had to go back and redo the entire game when trophies came out. We like to get games early and play them when they are popular. When there are MANY people playing to compete with.

In hindsight, I am sure EA and the trolls that work there would love to go back in time and do this game right. They took a calculated risk and it backfired on them.

If I had the magic wand, I would bonk little Todd on the head and tell him that MOST people want to play with friends. They want to actually race/trick with them on the same track at the same time. I would tell him that minimally, they need to put in some type of Untracked type range where up to (minimum) 8 of your friends can join together and just board around. Maybe have a coffee shop to hang out at. Whatever, make it seem like a real place where you can then launch challenges of some type online. Perhaps as an example, you are hanging out on Untracked and your friend starts a trick challenge to grab some special geotag or whatever and you and other friends join in.

Perhaps timed challenges or other stuff like that. EA OWNS Burnout Paradise City, they need look no further that that old game to see how well online play can be done.

Like I have said many times... there really is no excuse for this terrible multiplayer experience. Not after it's been done so well previously. Just no excuse at all.

Saying it's fun or hard or anything else is pointless if there is nobody playing and saying that nobody plays because the game is too hard is just plain bogus. Sorry.

The game just isn't hard. There is nothing in this game that's very hard. You can check with any of the trophy rating sites if you want and you will find the game probably falls around the mid level. I rate it actually a bit lower because it's really just old school gaming and isn't anything new or difficult.

You can say any game is hard if your reasoning for rating is setting some spectacular score.

For instane, Fallout 3 would be almost impossible if you set a goal of finishing the game with only headshots. Sure, I guess it could be done, but it isn't a requirement and it's not how almost anyone would play.

No where in this game do you have to get more than (hmmm now I forget) I think 15 million? Whatever the amount is for the badge. You don't even need to gold the highest game level peaks if you don't care to.

I think people that play games sometimes overestimate how many people (percentage wise) care about trophies or game 100%s. The percent is very low. Most people just play to have fun and get some entertainment. There are way more people that play for 5 hours or less a week than there are that play for 5 hours or more and Extremely fewer than play for 5 hours or more a night. Plat hunters are the extreme minority.

People want to play with friends. The days of playing games by yourself is over. It's why games that have no online component to the story mode at all still these days include multiplayer anyway.... just because they know what SSX forgot. Most people want to play with friends.

Speadsheet racing/scoring is fine, if it's a part of a bigger more robust multiplayer option.

I am glad you like the game Mr. Toe. I do too. I just wish more people would play. Unfortunately, the horrid way this game was released and the utter lack of response to actual problems of the game from EA has left most players to leave the game.

You are now competing against a very small group of online folk, so small in fact that it isn't worth my time to compete.

Maybe SSX 2013 will have some of your ideas
I really love the gameplay and I hope they will implement a good multiplayer next year.

The game is what it is Etchesketch. Like I said, if you dont like it, move on. Overall, I love it. Maybe the sequel will do it for you if we get one. I dont disagree with a lot of your suggestions by the way, but reality comes into play and there is only so much that could be done given the time/budget. No game is perfect. In the end each of us have to weigh out the strengths/weaknesses and decide how much time whatever game in question is worth spending on. For you, not much more on SSX. For me, I have already spent more time on this game than ANY I have played (I am not a die hard gamer in general though) before and there are still so many tracks that I need to really sink my teeth into. Throw in the DLC (Mt Eddie Tues!!!!!!!!) and there is no end in sight to my SSX addiction.

Could you please give me a link to your SSX vids? I enjoy admiring other peoples time/efforts on this game and would love to seem some of your runs since it sounds like I can pick up some tips from you if you are cracking 150+ on Serenity..................100+ mil is on the tips of my fingers for that course as I hit a new high of 99mil the other night! Also set a new personal best on "The Big Show" of 68mil which felt great.

Thanks!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/29/2012 14:07:24

original poster must have been banned

your both right in a way multiplayer was misleading a little it would be better if the top scores carried over to explore that's the main gripe for me but i cant do them at all anyway because i play off line to avoid geotags from freezing me and lets not forget no split screen, also since only pros will play most it will bump you down the list in events i had "HAD" 62 mill on serenity not bad but , the band wagon badge needs to be changed its just dumb but i don't care that much about trophies tho.

less and less are playing now its a fact i got it on release even in my friends list they are playing less and they are playing older games

toe2323 takes too many happy pills anyway but i agree that it is a great game (best in the series yes) i did even more day one release but they jack up the prices and now i hear we are getting level 12 geotags freeze me, events don't carry top scores over to explore which is lame no split screen and all we hear is DLC comeing and no communication.

almightyskippy posted that todd said about his geotag freezing

Our engineers are working on the issue as well as trying to figure out a workaround in the meantime.

I hope to have some news for you early next week!

BTW, the fact that you are experiencing this means you have collected over 1,000 geotags! So I suppose some congratulations are also in order, less than 50 people have done that so far - it is a pretty epic achievement.

really congratulations and an achievement they don't care that some (50) of us are vary sad about the loss of enjoyment not to mention how much credits we've lost oh well and try more like 500 geotags not 1,000

i will never get rid of this game i still have hope for this game but someones dropped the ball over there and its causing major damage i hope the DLC was worth the priority over some of this but im still getting the DLC

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/29/2012 15:21:28

I agree about scores not getting ported over to Explore. That is probably my biggest complaint right now.

Also, I have happy pills for sale! Lots of our more grumpy and negative members could certainly use some!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 15:20:12

oh please i could use some
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: