[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Question about Ambitions, New Kingdoms and Quests !  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square

Hey i just finished my first Ambition " New Beginnings " took me sometime but i was able to reach Platinum for it = p

So anyways, now i started my 2nd new Ambition , Imperial Domination

My questions are.....

1) My old Kingdom in " New Beginnings " , so if i play back this old kingdom , doing quests and all is no point ? Since i ended my Ambition , can i play back my old Kingdom to achieve achievements ? ?

2) Quests , uh....the quests are still same as any other new Kingdoms / Ambitions u start ? ? Only thing is there are different ways to end ur Ambitions for different Ambitions , but quests are all the same ??

3) Do you guys suggest getting Platinum for all Ambitions ?

4) Any tips on the Imperial Domination ambition ? Should i waste my RP building up all buildings ? or better off spending it on something else

1. If you continue playing in a kingdom after you have completed the ambition and received infinite quest points, it's just for fun. Watcher Achievements are disabled at this point.

2. All ambitions share the same quests. Different quests may be available at different times, but there aren't any quests that are unique to a particular ambition.

3. Do try to finish all ambitions at platinum level to earn the maximum points toward your Watcher Achievements.

4. When playing the Imperial Domination ambition, you will need to spend some resource points to ally with the various territories. Once you do that, an "Annex Quest" for each allied territory will become available. You'll have to manage your resource points wisely; it's possible to ally with a territory, only to discover that you don't yet have the Hero or location required to complete the annex quest.

Have fun!

1) Means playing back the old kingdom is just a waste of time and so lame we cant continue the achievements there either , its kinda stupid if u ask me , i mean like we train our Monarch and Knight etc until so hard, making a relationship everything lost !

2) Wont u get bored , doing the same quests over and over and over lol ? I mean besides doing quests there's nothing much to do in the Sims Medieval

3) Can i do my achievements in the eternal kingdom ambitions ? Where i think there is too infinite QP

4) Since i have to conserve my RP and QP too and try not to delay too long (as in doing too many quests) since i want to get Platinum , should i place all the buildings or only few important ones will do ? What Heroes u recommend i having , i already have Monarch and Knight as a start.....

5) How i keep neighbours royalty high ? because in my previous kingdom already 2 of them are in rebellion state I read online they suggest that i do alot of patrol to neighbour empire and pass more edicts , is that what i should do ??

1) I find that frustrating too.

2) Yes, it can get boring doing the same quests over and over again.

3) You can't get achievements at all with an eternal ambition as it's not really an ambition. But you can play your favorite ambition as a new ambition over and over again. I have started so many "Legendary" ambitions that it's not funny (as I find it easy to do it to platinum.) However, I have gotten very tired of the Fountains of Legend quest, especially since my heroes are either drunks or puny (depending on their job.)

4) If you work toward getting the Advorton quest done as early as possible (which needs a tavern, the kingball court and a tourney field), you can markedly conserve the QPs since the 3 QP quests become 2 QP quests and the 4 QP quests become 3 QP quests. It really does help. The tavern doesn't need to have a bard even, since it's the tavern itself that's needed.

5) Don't do too many edicts. If you do more than one per day, it actually decreases loyalty. However patrolling the areas (by land or by sea) is a good idea. It also helps you get achievements since some of the achievements need you to maximize loyalty in those areas.

1) Maxis / EA / The Sims should really rework the ambition and kingdom thing it is better if we can just continue it from our previous kingdom , but still its nice that is its like playing a new kingdom ur playing a new household maybe thats what they trying to do....

2) Only problem is the fun thing and almost the only things to do in the game are quests, which is repeatedly which it isnt good !

3) How come ur heroes are puny / drunk i thought u can choose ur traits ? Then for achievements i have to hurry up finish it before ending my ambitions ? thats abit hard isnt it some achievements are rather crazy ! ! i mean it will take a long time ! ! and since i ended my first ambition which i think i can achieve more achievement is now all wasted
unless i start another new kingdom on the ambitions and just to do the achievements ! zzz The Sims games can really drag u for a long time lol

4) Ah i remember that quest , hmm i thought u first must ally with 1 of the empire than this quest only appears ?
Then what other buildings and heroes should i have , heroes doesnt matter actually , since making a hero doesnt cost u RP while making a building does !

I think i would really need a physician to treat my sickness , i got knight which can replace spy right , then i just recently build a jacabotan (i think thats how u spell) church for 1 of the empire's quest, do i need a blacksmith and mage?

5) and about this ambition " Imperial Domination " , goal is t Annex all empires , is as in i have loyalty status in all the empires or is it that i must finish all the quests for the other empires ? ? I still dont really get it

1) Don't expect EA to do any changes to Sims Medieval. They appear to be done with it.

3) I choose to make my heroes puny or drunk. I like those the best. (They also tend to be good and earthy.)

Some of the achievements are rather hard to do. That's why they're achievements. If they were too easy, they wouldn't mean anything. Many of the achievements take work over several different ambitions (or the same ambition several times) to finish. Only a few have to be done within a single kingdom.

4) Eventually, especially for some of the achievements, you'll need to have all the heroes in the kingdom. But otherwise, you just need to add the ones you want to do the quests with.

5) In order to get the quest for adding the empires to the kingdom, you have to first make them allies (which takes RP). So, to "dominate" the empire, you have to do all the quests for the various empires. Of course, you don't want them to be in rebellion, but they don't need to be at their maximum loyalty to complete the ambition.

After you finish the Ambition for a Kingdom, a new quest called "Brave New World" will become available. If you have a Hero you really like, this quest allows you to remove him or her from the existing Kingdom to become the Monarch in a new Kingdom. The Hero will retain his or her existing level and will keep any abilities unique to his or her previous profession. For example, I had a lot of fun in a new Kingdom with a Monarch who was formerly a Level 10 Wizard. This meant she started as a Level 10 Monarch who could still cast spells and make potions. So developing your Heroes isn't a total waste!

Seriously ?? They not going to make anymore expansions for The Sims Medieval ?? Well this is rather short..... =(

Well that be nice to able to import ur hero from another ambition = p

[Avatar]

Gh0sT-NoVa wrote:Seriously ?? They not going to make anymore expansions for The Sims Medieval ?? Well this is rather short..... =(

Well that be nice to able to import ur hero from another ambition = p

Seriously, not they aren't. They aren't making any new patches or bug fixes either. Pretty much what you see is all you got.

If you want to add the few Mods and CC that has been developed for this game then go here. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=640 and read through the threads.

I don't just embrace insanity. I embrace it, cop a feel, french it, buy it a drink, drag it home for sex, spank it, and lock it up in the basement until morning!

Well i always have mod The Sims 3 i didnt know we can mode Medieval too , well thats sad , i really like the Medieval series....but Sims 3 expansions is releasing like hell !

[Avatar]

Gh0sT-NoVa wrote:Well i always have mod The Sims 3 i didnt know we can mode Medieval too , well thats sad , i really like the Medieval series....but Sims 3 expansions is releasing like hell !

I think Medieval was developed like the Sims Stories. I think the game was meant to stand alone. But it was so over inflated in price that everyone thought it was meant to be a base game. I think Pirates and Nobles was added to cash in on the dying wheeze of The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. They were originally to be released at about the same time. Which is why you can build your own Johnny Depp look-alike along with the Captain Jack Sparrow hat and the parrots. So actually we were lucky to get that much. Sims Stories never had any add ons.

Modding Medieval and adding Mods to Medieval is nothing like Sims 3. The coding is messy, chaotic, and completely different. And the tools haven't been developed for modding the graphics and the coding is vastly different. So the mods are sorely limited. You can't use almost anything from Sims 3 in Sims Medieval. They just will not cross over and the tools used for modding Sims 3 are virtually useless for modding Medieval. But what Mods there are for Medieval can be found at the link I gave you. Good luck with it.

I don't just embrace insanity. I embrace it, cop a feel, french it, buy it a drink, drag it home for sex, spank it, and lock it up in the basement until morning!

awww , i really quite love The Sims , i cant afford for the Sims 3 , well not the main game, i meant the whole set !

They come out with TONS of expansions ! Medieval Pirates and Nobles only cost me RM89 , i bought the Collector's edition for the main game Sims Medieval only RM169

The Sims3 expansions sometimes are cost like over RM100 ! Like the latest Showtime RM109 , Katy Perry ver RM139 !

Holy *.......unless i only buy a few expansions =/

I don't think playing past an ambitions end is really a waste of time myself. You can continue to level up your sims. I like to use established Sims to establish new Kingdoms for other ambitions so I will often level up professions I like to level 10 just for that purpose. Then I can start a new kingdom with a level 10 monarch.

Edit: Is there an official announcement that they won't be developing Sims Medieval further or is this just an assumption?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/14/2012 17:39:52

moxiegraphix wrote: Edit: Is there an official announcement that they won't be developing Sims Medieval further or is this just an assumption?

Those kinds of things don't get announced. They just let them die out on their own (unless they've previously said that they were going to make an EP but had to cancel it. That's not the case here.)

KatAnubis wrote:
moxiegraphix wrote: Edit: Is there an official announcement that they won't be developing Sims Medieval further or is this just an assumption?

Those kinds of things don't get announced. They just let them die out on their own (unless they've previously said that they were going to make an EP but had to cancel it. That's not the case here.)

Good point.
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square
Go to: