[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
We need a "Syndicate" Forum  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

How hard is it to add a new forum section for "Syndicate"?

I'm betting it would take EA Games less than 5 minutes to create a new forum for Syndicate. A Syndicate forum should have existed before the game released. I'm a web developer and I know I could create a new Syndicate forum in less than 2 minutes. EA, stop goofing around and get it done!

It seems strange that a big game company like EA Games would not have a forum for Syndicate. It says alot about a company when they release a new game and offer absolutely no support for it what so ever.

Syndicate is the first multiplayer game in existence that doesn't have any ability to type a chat message in the game. In the history of multiplayer games, this has never been left out until now. I can't even begin to explain how stupid you would have to be to forget to add the ability to chat in a multiplayer game, or even dumber to leave out chat on purpose.

Syndicate needs a push to talk key. Push to talk should be the only method when using a mic. In fact, the game should never allow open mics. Currently - microphones are always on in the game, which is completely unacceptable to any real gamer. I don't want to hear some angry mom screaming in the background, or some baby crying, or rap music - the entire time I am playing.

In conjunction with a push to talk key, if a player uses push to talk - their name should appear on the screen with a small speaker icon next to it letting other players know who is currently speaking, since right now there is no way to know who is speaking and this is unacceptable. There was a guy in my game the other day that wouldn't shut up and he was using extreme profanity saying the "N" word every 5 seconds and I had no way of even knowing who it was. This is totally unacceptable.

The player that is currently the host should have the ability to kick a player without having to start a kick vote.

I loved playing the campaign and when I completed the campaign I actually watched all of the credits at the end. There must've been over 1000 names on the credits list. It took all of those people to make the game possible, yet the game doesn't even have a chat key or it's own forum and when I host my own coop game I have to listen to some guy on his open mic saying the "N" word every 5 seconds and I don't know which player is doing it and even if I knew who it was - I can't kick him at all, even though I am the host, unless I start a vote kick - and I tried to start a vote kick on a few occasions and it never works because the other players never help and cast a vote.

I remember when the game "Payday The Heist" released and it didn't have a push to talk button. A week later they patched the game and gave it the ability to use push to talk. Like Syndicate, Payday The Heist was also a 4 player coop game, but unlike Syndicate, Payday does have a chat key and they also have their own forum. And the best part about the Payday the Heist forums is... their actual development team does visit their forums everyday and they respond to the players questions, suggestions, comments, problems, etc.

Word is getting around. Friends of friends that have a copy of Syndicate are all saying the same thing. I have friends asking me if they should buy Syndicate. What am I supposed to tell them? Am I supposed to say, "Yeah, go ahead and buy this game that doesn't even have a chat key and you get to hear everybody's screaming mom in the background and a vote kick will never work because you won't even know which player is making all the noise. You can't even chat in game "Please mute your mic". The frustration just isn't worth it.

Even if I wanted to say "I'm a proud supporter of the game "Syndicate", I can't, because there is no Syndicate forum to say it in.

Syndicate seems like such an amazing game, despite the fact that they screwed up all means of in game multiplayer communication.

EA, you need to start by creating a Syndicate Forum. Then post a sticky messages explaining that the next patch will have a multiplayer chat key, host can kick, push to talk with on screen player name & mic indicator, and open mics ability will be removed. If a player is too lazy to use push to talk, then he shouldn't be allowed to use a mic at all.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 03/05/2012 13:12:16

FoxsOne wrote:Syndicate is the first multiplayer game in existence that doesn't have any ability to type a chat message in the game. In the history of multiplayer games, this has never been left out until now. I can't even begin to explain how stupid you would have to be to forget to add the ability to chat in a multiplayer game, or even dumber to leave out chat on purpose.

War for Cybertron would like a word with you.

That's the first to come to mind, but there are plenty more with it if you want a list.

Of course, just because someone else did it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Also, having a Syndicate forum would help keep all the issues about the game in their own place, instead of advertising them to everyone on these forums.

Having a patch for the game would be a higher priority, but the two are worked on completely separately, so both shouldn't be too much to ask.

"I want my meals to think for myself" - Me
[WWW] [Yahoo!]

I totally agree with this... there needs to be some kind of attention paid to this game, we can't simply let them make money from it and walk away...

what's truly rediculous is that there is no Syndicate forum here, BUT...

there's one for Scrabble...

really? seriously?

I feel like they made their money from it and now they're done... I seriously hope they prove me wrong...

Market N Rena wrote:I feel like they made their money from it and now they're done... I seriously hope they prove me wrong...

I don't expect they will, but I hope so too.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

at this point I'd take just a statement acknowledging that we're here... feels like we've been set at the kids table way back here in this whole forum...

Market N Rena wrote:at this point I'd take just a statement acknowledging that we're here... feels like we've been set at the kids table way back here in this whole forum...

I think more than that is needed, but it would be a good first step. MUCH better than the silence we're getting so far.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

Perhaps if we all start calling them instead of posting on the forum. Here is a bit from a "technical" live chat with an EA "rep"

you: Since you do not seem able to comply to my wishes, nor your manager, I am asking for a telephone number to contact someone above your department.
Arun: This is the phone contact
Arun: (650) 628-1001

obliviondoll wrote:
Market N Rena wrote:at this point I'd take just a statement acknowledging that we're here... feels like we've been set at the kids table way back here in this whole forum...

I think more than that is needed, but it would be a good first step. MUCH better than the silence we're getting so far.

exactly my mindset on this one...

Caitiff wrote:Perhaps if we all start calling them instead of posting on the forum. Here is a bit from a "technical" live chat with an EA "rep"

you: Since you do not seem able to comply to my wishes, nor your manager, I am asking for a telephone number to contact someone above your department.
Arun: This is the phone contact
Arun: (650) 628-1001

You wouldn't happen to have a New Zealand number for them, would you? No? I guess I'll have to try and look that up for myself...

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

yep, we're still here!!! hope everyone's having a good weekend!!!

I'm still here too.

Apparently EA reps are yet to show up on their own forums though...

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

EA is leaving the customers who bought this game out in the dark still... not very good

keep reporting *every* single issue you all have with the game... they won't be able to ignore us forever...

^ so i guessing constantly responding to a bug thread posted here isnt going to do us any good huh? what do u suggest us do then start up threads concerning the issues we have been encountering in Syndicate or keep these old threads alive for all to see?

Keep open line of contact with Support (email contact) don't let it get shut down until they've actually fixed things (I learnt the hard way from Ubisoft that "we're working on a patch" sometimes means "we're saying we're working on a patch until all these support tickets go away" instead).

Keep the threads here alive as well, so we can keep attention on the issues. It's harder to pretend we don't exist when we're public.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: