[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Can't install Mass Effect 3  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

I bought a hard copy of the disk. Installed Origin then proceeded to install the game.

At 99% it stays and then i get the error

Error: a redistributable package (PhysX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (1603)

i've google searched this problem and done every possible "solution" people have been given. i've disabled my avg anti virus, ive made sure allllll my drivers were up to date. Ive completely uninstalled Physx and all registry entries from my computer and still nothing.

according to canirunit.com my PC passes the minimum system requirements by far.

Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series.
OS XP SP3
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 2.66GHz

Also funny enough to add to my frustrations, my CD rom drive no longer reads Disk 1 of Mass effect 3. Dont ask me why, everything else still reads including ME3 disk 2. So ive had to download the entire game through origin just to try and install a game i have on disk. But the download still wont work, same error.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Dekkaartemicon,

Could you try below steps from
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/Anyone-know-how-to-install-the-game-from-the-disc-9658548-1.html ?

How to Install Mass Effect 3 from DVD (without download)
1.) Install Origin
2.) Let Origin Update to the current Version
3.) Restart Origin
4.) Enter your Mass Effect 3 Code in Origin
5.) Don't start the Download, but close Origin with a right click on the Origin Icon in the Systray -> Exit
6.) Restart setup.exe from Disc 1, it will start Origin and the Installation from the DVDs

And please post back your result, after you finish these steps.

Thanks,
[WWW]

I'm having the same exact problem, along with a lot of other people. Reinstalling Origin and installing the game with the CDs instead of online doesn't fix anything for me. Getting really frustrated .

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi Dekkaartemicon,

Could you try below steps from
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/Anyone-know-how-to-install-the-game-from-the-disc-9658548-1.html ?

How to Install Mass Effect 3 from DVD (without download)
1.) Install Origin
2.) Let Origin Update to the current Version
3.) Restart Origin
4.) Enter your Mass Effect 3 Code in Origin
5.) Don't start the Download, but close Origin with a right click on the Origin Icon in the Systray -> Exit
6.) Restart setup.exe from Disc 1, it will start Origin and the Installation from the DVDs

And please post back your result, after you finish these steps.

Thanks,[/quote]

Yeah i did all that yesterday. I didn't have an issue trying to install from the disk, it would always try and install from the disk when i would try. Though like i said at the end of my post my disk 1 wont read anymore. It isn't scratched at all, nothing physically wrong with it. So i am forced to use the download install. But regardless of that the installer is still giving me the same

Error: a redistributable package (PhysX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (1603)

I have also gone manually on my harddrive C:\>>origin games folder\Mass Effect 3\__installer and manually installed the Direct x, VC Redist exe from there. But when i goto the physx folder and try and install that it comes up saying Error 1327. Invalid Drive K:\

Why in the world its trying to locate a K drive which by the way does not exist on my PC is beyond me and maybe part of the reason why the origin installer is having trouble installing it.

[quote=Tinyblue]I'm having the same exact problem, along with a lot of other people. Reinstalling Origin and installing the game with the CDs instead of online doesn't fix anything for me. Getting really frustrated .[/quote]

i feel you. waited years for this game, even left mass effect 2 on my pc that entire time just so my save characters wouldn't accidently be deleted lol. Its funny how the latest games seem to be getting harder and harder to install and run.

Bump Its been 2 days now? Do i take the game back and get my money back or what

Developer
[Avatar]

This is a Physx issue. Physx may be trying to install over an older version of physx but not overwriting its own files correctly. You may have to do a clean unistall of your nvidia or physx drivers.
Other users have had success doing the following:

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. You can permanently damage your computer with these steps
1. Completely removing physx, restart your pc (may require uninstalling your nvidia driver)
2. In Your registry browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AGEIA Technologies\
3. Delete Physx related keys
4. Restart your pc
5. Brows to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer and install both direct x and physx from the folders there, restart your pc
when you restart origin and hit install it should finish without any errors

Note 32bit users will not have the \wow6432node key\ present in their systems.

None of these solutions work on my PC. I started downloading. Its been going for over ten hours and is only two thirds downloaded. One glitch and I will have to start again - plus its chewing up my download quota.

I just realized something very similar happened to Battlefield 3. In the last five monthsthey have not learned anything. This is a monumental blunder.

On another forum one guy stated he identified his problem: the product code was for digital download only and was mistakenly supplied on the DVD for some reason. For him this is an Origin/EA blunder and he deserves a new product code that works for DVDs.

How many of us have this problem with product codes? This needs to be investigated by Origin and EA.

If this problem persists and is not resolved, this will be the last EA game I ever buy, and given I know a lot of gamers this will reinforce the opinion I keep hearing from most of them: never buy anything to do with Origin.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: