[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Online Server Announcement  XML
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games

Developer

It's with deep sadness that I announce on April 13th 2012, EA will be shutting down the EA Sports MMA Online servers. This means after April 13th 2012, you will no longer be able to access any of the online features within EA Sports MMA. This includes Online Head to Head, Fight Cards, Live Broadcast Replays, Virgin Gaming, Leaderboards, Fighter Share and Fight Replays.

The entire EA Sports MMA Development team would like to thank everyone for the unwavering support you've shown towards the EA Sports MMA product. We've loved your enthusiasm and have enjoyed interacting with everyone whether it was through the forums, the Live Broadcasts or inside of the Online Head to Head arena. You all have been super passionate and we thank you for spending some time with us playing the game and providing all of the feedback and comments that you did.

Thanks again for your support. You guys rock!

-Preston

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/24/2012 13:04:36

[Avatar]

I was banned and got my panties in a bunch over it.

What I said originally is quoted beneath as proof.

......forum infractions!! ARRRRGHHHHH!!! lol

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/21/2012 22:23:22

I win.

Even though I've switched to UFC, I have fond memories of EA MMA, the first real MMA game I played!
I hope that the fan's support is enough motivation to make an EA MMA 2 ^^

[Avatar]

YallLovin wrote:Good riddance EA.

Banned my account for minor forum infractions. (that other people were getting away with)

I've been a dedicated customer since the early 90s.
Now I'm an ANTI-EA advocate.

Your loss.

Join Caged Supremacy or our CAF Partner Online MMA

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

This saddens me deeply. Hope you guys can show your support and cram these servers until they die!

Developer

20 x XP is in effect! Now's the time to get the Red Belt you always wanted, and those hard to reach achievements!

Thanks Preston!

Sad to see this announcement as the Live Broadcasts were so much fun. Thanks for making one of my favorite games!

I was hoping a sequel. If only the Big wigs at EA didnt * off Dana White initially. Sometimes he holds grudges.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Gabkicks wrote:I was hoping a sequel. If only the Big wigs at EA didnt * off Dana White initially. Sometimes he holds grudges.

He asked the people who make the Sims to make an MMA game.

That's like asking Disney to animate an R-Rated movie.

One of the most innovative feature sets in online sports gaming came by way of EA MMA. From Live Broadcast to setting up your own fight card with your friends, they broke ground on something special for sports gaming enthusiasts.

Great job.

[Avatar]

Sad to see it go. Spend alot of time in anticipation of this game, and I think if you'd ask any one that gave it a run, it definitely delivered.

Sad to see it never reached the masses like I hoped it would. Would have loved to have seen this franchise continue, but it couldnt be.

[Avatar]

*Sigh* Some very good times on this game.. met some true friends.. won some money and met some fight-game enemies.

I have to ask, Why do the servers need to be shut down?

Sux that theres no sequel like promised. I vaguely remember EA saying this wouldnt be a 1 & done no matter the sells. Seems like the sells werent remotely close to the ''low'' expectations either.

I will say this, EA does do Arcade titles for the PSN/XBLA. Madden Arcade, NHL Arcade, NBA Jam On Fire Edition, NFL Blitz, Why not do a EA MMA 2 using the same engine for XBLA/PSN

I see that as a good move to continue supporting MMA & making a few bucks in the process of the same engine.

10-15 Fighters(Possible user created)
Story Mode
VS mode
Tournament Mode

1200PTs

Something like what Bellator is doing but not arcady. Unless EA is waiting to see if they can get the UFC lisence & dont want to * of Zuffa by putting out another game.

Wait, I am slightly confused because you went way out of the way to justify your "Online Pass" crap as being there to support the online servers (since those dirty second hand purchasers didn't invest in supporting those servers). Now you are telling me that you are going to shut down the online service for a game that started the joke that is your "Online Pass" service.

So please explain to me exactly how was the "Online Pass" not nothing more than a money grab? And exactly how are you justifying shutting these servers down again?

BTW, haven't you ever heard of something called a virtual server? If these games only make up 1% of online activity just shove them on a virtual server and be done with it.
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games
Go to: