[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
I need help!!  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA Football Series Tips & Tricks

I can't stop anybody's run game. I have tried 3-4, 4-3, blitzes and nothing is working for me. I just plain suck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem and I came to this forum on the same mission as you. I see that you have not had any replies . I tell you what, I will share any info I come up with if you do the same.

I'm going to to game shop and ask for them for people who play this game who can show me how to stop my opponent's running game . . .

chucal92@hotmail.com

Chuck

Thanks Chuck it's really frustrating when the HB just bounces off your front 7 when you have him caught in the backfield. Yes I will do the same.

Depends...if you are getting beat up the middle, pinch your d-line - of course when I pinch the d-line, I spread the LBs since I never know if the run is inside or outside. If I'm in Dime, I try to play zone that covers the flats, that way runs to the outside will be stopped by the dbs covering the flats. 3-3-5 defense is a good run defense if you have fast LBs. Don't just automatically load the box with a 4-4 look. Tosses to the outside will destroy a 4-4 most of the time...of course this is all in my experience. Hope this helps a little.

[quote=hacksawrules]I can't stop anybody's run game. I have tried 3-4, 4-3, blitzes and nothing is working for me. I just plain suck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Playing defence in football is pretty much a stratagy based system, so the first thing I like to do when someone is running a "run heavy offence" is start to pick up on their tendencies in their play calling. For inctence if he keeps running strong side, week side, or following his FB. So once you pick up on his tendencies then you can react to your play-calling. Say hes running "Iso weak" or he is always running "weak toss" then you blitz the OLB and crash the line weak side. also, Zone blitzes are another good way of stopping week-side blitz. The FS and SS will come up with many tackles this way.

Now lets say he is running "HB Dive", and "ISO" up the middle, then you pinch the line and blitz the strong side LB and the MLB. and the same as in the strong side you can run some strong side coverage in the 4-3, called Nickle, and then select strong as the formation.

Another good blitz you may wanna try out is out of the nickle again and it is in the 1-5-5 formation. The play is called"Prowl Bear Blitz" and there is also 2 zone and 1 man coverage for that play so you can hide that play very well if you use it.

Another good blitz is out of the 4-4 still in the 4-3 playbook. The play is called "FS Blitz" and you pinch your line and then bring the FS up to the line and he will get through. The zone version of that would be in the "Crash 3" still in the same formation. You will pinch the line and blitz the MLB and bring him up to the line.

There are tons of different ways to stop the run but I think the best way is to turn the computer on Heisman and going into practice mode and trying to stop the run and seeing which plays work for you and which ones may not.

[quote=BRVo8][quote=hacksawrules]I can't stop anybody's run game. I have tried 3-4, 4-3, blitzes and nothing is working for me. I just plain suck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Playing defence in football is pretty much a stratagy based system, so the first thing I like to do when someone is running a "run heavy offence" is start to pick up on their tendencies in their play calling. For inctence if he keeps running strong side, week side, or following his FB. So once you pick up on his tendencies then you can react to your play-calling. Say hes running "Iso weak" or he is always running "weak toss" then you blitz the OLB and crash the line weak side. also, Zone blitzes are another good way of stopping week-side blitz. The FS and SS will come up with many tackles this way.

Now lets say he is running "HB Dive", and "ISO" up the middle, then you pinch the line and blitz the strong side LB and the MLB. and the same as in the strong side you can run some strong side coverage in the 4-3, called Nickle, and then select strong as the formation.

Another good blitz you may wanna try out is out of the nickle again and it is in the 1-5-5 formation. The play is called"Prowl Bear Blitz" and there is also 2 zone and 1 man coverage for that play so you can hide that play very well if you use it.

Another good blitz is out of the 4-4 still in the 4-3 playbook. The play is called "FS Blitz" and you pinch your line and then bring the FS up to the line and he will get through. The zone version of that would be in the "Crash 3" still in the same formation. You will pinch the line and blitz the MLB and bring him up to the line.

There are tons of different ways to stop the run but I think the best way is to turn the computer on Heisman and going into practice mode and trying to stop the run and seeing which plays work for you and which ones may not.
[/quote]Thanks bro i'll try that.
[WWW]

This will help you
http://aaportfolio.com/ncaa2013_tips_guide/

Also don't forget (while int he play calling menu) to use Rb (could be Lb, can't remember right now) that will call up a menu where you can change your hard hit abilities to more conservative. That way your dee will tackle better. Also dont' try and go for the strip, when you do that your tackler does not wrap up the ball carrier.

One thing to remember is that zone is generally better against the run because the players are looking into the backfield unlike man where they are focused on their assignment.
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA Football Series Tips & Tricks
Go to: