[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Drivers Not Tuned To PGA Capabilities  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Suggestions

[Avatar]

PGA Players equipment can currently *carry* longer than these clubs are tuned end up- even after rolling.

We're only talking a couple dozen yards of capability missing, but it makes the par-5's play longer than they play on the Tour.

The real issue is way too much forgiveness with the longest clubs. There needs to be a balance between top end distance capability, and waywardness off the tee.

TMVP, the Classic Clubs are still pretty long, especially if you use tru-swing. 3-click is very difficult but with your talent you should do fine.

[Avatar]

BayHillPro wrote:TMVP, the Classic Clubs are still pretty long, especially if you use tru-swing. 3-click is very difficult but with your talent you should do fine.

The excessive accuracy currently makes up for the lack of PGA distance capabilities. I'd just like EA to do something like, add overswing to the clubs, or just create less-forgiveness when using the driver to try to kill the ball, kinda like how it is on tour.

Obviously you have not been around for a while. The devs have not posted in these forums for over 3 months now. They don't answer questions, they don't interact with the TWO forums anymore. In fact, this game has lost several features and a couple of courses. A real downhill spiral.

There is no more discussion about suggestions. The game is what it is, period. Take it or leave it, the devs don't care and in my opinion never did.

[Avatar]

BayHillPro wrote:Obviously you have not been around for a while. The devs have not posted in these forums for over 3 months now. They don't answer questions, they don't interact with the TWO forums anymore. In fact, this game has lost several features and a couple of courses. A real downhill spiral.

There is no more discussion about suggestions. The game is what it is, period. Take it or leave it, the devs don't care and in my opinion never did.

Well, at least I haven't missed out on anything worth waiting for. lol

Players like myself, prefer having forgiving clubs. You want unforgiving clubs to play with? buy the Classics. I exclusively play with the Taylormade driver, woods, irons, wedges, and the Ping iWi Anser putter, with the Nuke 2 ball. I have enough problems with what I have, and certainly, i'm not the best player on this game. In 2 years, i've only managed to actually win two live tournaments, so for me, having unforgiving clubs? I hope it never comes to that.

[Avatar]

Gary_A_D wrote:Players like myself, prefer having forgiving clubs. You want unforgiving clubs to play with? buy the Classics. I exclusively play with the Taylormade driver, woods, irons, wedges, and the Ping iWi Anser putter, with the Nuke 2 ball. I have enough problems with what I have, and certainly, i'm not the best player on this game. In 2 years, i've only managed to actually win two live tournaments, so for me, having unforgiving clubs? I hope it never comes to that.

I became aware that EA has dumbed down the distance, forgiveness, and workability on equipment.

I still think that the forgiveness should be based on an overswing element.

Also, I really would like them to put the full workability back on the irons. Right now they have about a third of the movement capability that they had before. Just watch players like Bubba Watson, and Phil Mickelson if you want to see how far irons move on the PGA Tour.

[Avatar]

nothing is going to be done .. if more people finally get it. and do something about it,,,, maybe ea will do something
you guys argue about a few yards...lmao

why cant this game's bugs be fixed? EA rough percentages are out of whack

[Avatar]

tmvp, we can't even get EA to give us a decent connection so that we may play the game without interruption. So why we would expect them to handle the issue that you correctly describe is beyond me.

However, it is still my firm belief that TWO will see wholesale changes at some point this year. I have my fingers crossed that it is sooner rather than later.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/27/2012 01:06:40

[Avatar]

tmvp said: I became aware that EA has dumbed down the distance, forgiveness, and workability on equipment.

The phrase (dumbed down) does not apply to the changes. Before May 2011 the game was dumbed down (as you say) by having huge forgiveness and 100% accuarcy on classic clubs.

I liked the game much better before May 2011 and, I don't see that anything in online golf (any online golf) that has been (if you will) (intelligently elevated) either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 22:54:20

If you want realism, become a real PGA player, and go on tour. I enjoy this game just the way it is. Yes our distance was shortened, and club capabilities reduced, and the new rough percentages are bad, but, like I said in an earlier post, i'm not the best player on this game, i'm older, my reflexes aren't what they used to be. If joining the real PGA is out of the question, then just get the classic, and use it exclusively with 3 click, and knock yourself out.

Better yet. Make an appointment with EA's CEO in Redwood City, CA. and present your grievances to him, and ask if he would make two, Tiger Woods online games. One for us, and one for you with your specifications.

[Avatar]

Gary_A_D wrote:If you want realism, become a real PGA player, and go on tour. I enjoy this game just the way it is. Yes our distance was shortened, and club capabilities reduced, and the new rough percentages are bad, but, like I said in an earlier post, i'm not the best player on this game, i'm older, my reflexes aren't what they used to be. If joining the real PGA is out of the question, then just get the classic, and use it exclusively with 3 click, and knock yourself out.

I hear you Gary. I'm older too and my reflexes along with MS makes it tough to play. I'm happy I have this diversion to get me through the day and my mind off the pain.

[Avatar]

[quote=tmvp]PGA Players equipment can currently *carry* longer than these clubs are tuned end up- even after rolling.

We're only talking a couple dozen yards of capability missing, but it makes the par-5's play longer than they play on the Tour.

The real issue is way too much forgiveness with the longest clubs. There needs to be a balance between top end distance capability, and waywardness off the tee.[/quote]

The real issue is not having Backspin or Topspin. If you played Tiger Woods PC PGA 2008 or earlier versions the ball would backspin right off the green if it had too much backspin.

The Spin Meter is a joke for top and bottom spin. All it does is increase or decrease the trajectory of the ball. I am so use to hitting behind the pin from TW2008 and watching the ball spin-back towards the hole.

I truly wish EA would put (at least) Backspin back into the game!

[WWW]

This is the only Tiger Woods golf game i've ever played. I like it fine. I'm a member at WGT, but can't stand the game, and only play on occasion, when this game goes on the blink. Maybe EA could add a miniature golf course where 4 can play as in TBMP. Wouldn't that be peachy keeno, and groovy, and after a round, we could book in our micro mini buses, and head out to Woodstock, and watch Hendrix come back and do a set.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Suggestions
Go to: