[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Password Not Working and Reset Not Working  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

So Origin wouldn't take my password even though I know what it is and never had any trouble logging on to EA, so I attempted to recover my password on my original account and it kept saying that my password has been sent to me via email. I did get an email that asked me to reset my password. So I attempted to do so several times over the last week. The site then says "We're sorry, but we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties and are unable to handle your request. Please try again later." So the email says if I"m having trouble go to help.origin.com which you must log in to to access. I can't log in because I have no password. So I created this account just to get password help on my other account because I see no other way of contacting help. It's a horrid little circle they've stuck me in. I cannot use this new account as it is not the one on my EA account that I use on the xbox. Does anyone know another way or a number I can call or something? I'm getting pretty frustrated.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi OceanRN622,

Thank you for your post. There was some issue with the reset password function: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8315210.page

And it should be OK now. Please try again. If you still have problems, try to talk to a game advisor at help.ea.com for help. Select options there like this: Origin->ACCOUNT/REGISTRATION->Origin/PC

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/25/2012 17:19:14

[WWW]

No. It appears you are still having issues. Please, please, please fix this. There is just no reason this should be going on for well over a week.

is there a fix on this yet? Its already the middle of June 2012 and the problem still presist

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi deadlynothing,

You mean that you can't login with account, Did you get some info about this problem, or could you provide me screenshot?

Thanks.
[WWW]

I can't login either and when I try to recover my password it won't even sent me an email! Yes, it is the right account and it is the right email adress... Also, I've been trying to reset for a long time already since I'd really like to use the Battlelog feature for Battlefield 3.

Has anyone got tips or a solution for this?

Ps: This is just an account I made to get help with my main account.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/21/2012 09:27:42

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi WiIISmith,

Just tried forget password feature, it works fine, I get the mail Immediately.

Could you please check whether the email address is right or your account is changed?

I mean maybe email address is changed by hacker. You can go through your mailbox to check the mail changed mails.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Hi,

No it is the right one because when I can login with my PSN at the EA homepage and I've also tried to make a new one with my main email adress but it says it is already in use, so a hacker did not change my password...

It is really weird :S

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi WiIISmith,

Please direct to help.ea.com to talk with a game advisor or click "Origin help" to do a live chat for further help.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Hi,

I've already tried that but they only give help for just the games, you can't select a category for technical issues with the website...
Could you please help me? Because I'd love to use the battlelog feature!

With kind regards,

WillSmith

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi WiIISmith,

I need to tell you that althrough I get your information, I also escalte the account issues to them. So they're the final way to solve your issue.

Also you can direct help.ea.com to talk with a game advisor for further help. You can choose the category "origin"->"account/billing" then do a live chat.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

I'm having the same issue. Sorry for bumping a dead topic but I'm having the same issue, might aswell bump this instead of creating a new topic.
I'm not receiving the e-mail to reset my password.

I confirm that the password recovery system is totally broken.
I have tried to reset my password many times:

but I have never received the recovery mail in my Gmail inbox or spam folder

I get the reply email. My password gets changed and I can log into Origin but cannot log into B4. Three days in a row, same problem. FIX THIS!

Hi, all. I'm not sure if anyone's still having issues with password recovery; I'm just bumping this to let everyone know that I was having troubles earlier today, but I was able to change my password just a few minutes ago.
Not sure what the issue with the password recovery was; but it seems EA fixed it.

Happy gaming!

-Stick
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: