[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Anyone Word On New Expansions  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square

Its been a while now and I was wondering if there are going to be any more expansions after Pirates and Nobles. I like the game and it is progressing along nicely.

Did it do that poorly that the makers stopped only after the release of 2 packs?

Thanks.

glassaye

It's pretty clear that they have no intention of doing any further EPs. P&N evidently underperformed. They don't even come here anymore for the most part to fix things. Occasionally a mod will take pity on someone who has a problem which is already fixed, but they aparently aren't trying to fix any of the unfixed problems even.

[Avatar]

glassaye wrote:Its been a while now and I was wondering if there are going to be any more expansions after Pirates and Nobles. I like the game and it is progressing along nicely.

Did it do that poorly that the makers stopped only after the release of 2 packs?

Thanks.

glassaye

They stopped responding months ago and declared all the bugs in the game are user created or the fault of the users equipment. If you can't believe that, well, you weren't alone. We held out hope here for a long time after the game was abandoned. Sorry new user but... They are not working on patches. They are not working on expansions. They are not working on upgrades. They are not working on the bugs. They are not answering questions. They are not taking suggestions. They are not working on improvements. They aren't working on stuff packs. They are not creating an exchange. They are not working on the Sims Medieval 2. They are not working on the Sims Medieval AT ALL. They have moved on to bigger and better sellers. It's a finished project and a dead issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/26/2012 02:55:16

I don't just embrace insanity. I embrace it, cop a feel, french it, buy it a drink, drag it home for sex, spank it, and lock it up in the basement until morning!

Thanks for your answers.

It is a pretty lousy thing for a gaming company to do don't you think? They must really care about their customers and the games they release. So much that they just let them fade away to nothingness. And in this case in a short amount of time.

I also have problem with my Origin. It stopped running when they released Mass Effect 3. The customer support has been terrible to help me with this. So I can play no EA Games through Origin. The Sims 3 asks for it but luckily I bought retail.

I am going back to only buying retail as I have had nothing but trouble with buying games through the internet with companies like Direct2drive closing and UBISoft being lousy with their once only download purchase.

EA seems to be following right along with that.

They gave me a free game or two with some trouble I had earlier but with their current actions and their Origin not working I am pretty much done buying from them.

Thanks for your replies.

[Avatar]

My advice? Stay as FAR away from ANY EA products. ALL they care is about their bottom line, they're user HOSTILE, and couldn't give a rip about customers as they outsourced it all to Asian countries who don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. Saves them money though at the expense of VERY frustrated customers.

I will NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances buy another EA game for ANY platform ever again.

Reason? Extremely poor customer support, more like customer contempt.

I don't know what their bean counter's threshold is for continuing with a game but this one obviously didn't make the cut. It's a shame when greed drives a company. They should respond to customers, after all without customers there would be no company but that makes WAY too much sense.

Their executives have lied to me about several things so they left a bad impression on me.

As far as I'm concerned EA can go bankrupt.

You'd think with the fan base on the forums they'd realize there is profit in this game. I don't find the sims 3 to be that much fun. There's really no point to it and the graphics suck compared to this game. I really wish they'd put their efforts in the game I really enjoy.

I think they're forum moderators are outsourced too.

'Nuff said.

[Avatar]

LOL!! Hi Zorba, what forum moderators?

Have Fun with this One:

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

I swear I was just randomly clicking some links I had bookmarked when I came across This beauty!

edit: You can copy and paste the address into google.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 11:10:05

I came across that too the other day when I was looking at something else hmm don't know what to say. I would like ea a lot better if they made even a stuff pack for this game, the latest expansion for sims 3 Katy perry treats i mean come on sweets and candy and nothing for medieval. A small part of me believes there might be another expansion but not soon or as frequent as the sims 3 I mean sim city is coming back I haven't found anything about it being a flipper in the press infact an iPhone and iPad versions were released a deluxe version in November perhaps expansions for the medieval franchise are on a yearly basis rather than every 3 months like sims 3. Or maybe this is what I tell myself so I can continue to play happily

Time is what we want most but use worst

I would love a new expansion pack for sims medieval also. While I like stuff packs for sims 3 (NOT Katy Perry candy!) I think Medieval would benefit most from a real expansion. It doesn't look like they are going to do it though.

Maybe someday when sims 4 comes out there will be a sims 4 Medieval.

I read about a new sim city in the making also. Would be sim city 5 I think. BUT it's going to have online features to play with other players, same route as sims 3 is now taking with simport etc. My son currently loves sim city 4 and rush hour.

It makes me sad the way this forum has been handled also though, seriously neglected.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/15/2012 10:13:13

I really hope they don't forget about Sims Medieval, Pirates & Nobles. I really want a new Expansion! Please EA don't forget your game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/2012 14:25:16

[Avatar]

Perhaps you should read some of the posts here. This is abandonware. EA is not going to offer anything else for TSM. It just didn't make enough money.

Sorry but what you have is all you're gonna get.

I have a hard time believing they didn't make enough money, the game had a huge sales surge when it first came out.... EA just sucks at making money last.

[quote=Lionslicer91]I have a hard time believing they didn't make enough money, the game had a huge sales surge when it first came out.... EA just sucks at making money last. [/quote]

So true I would have been glad to spend more money on this game as I spend it on Sims 3 I buy every expansion, every stuff pack, and still spend like $40 every month on stuff from the site. Would of love to spend money on TSM. That how they lose money.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/07/2012 08:16:39

The Sims Medieval  > Town Square
Go to: