[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Redskin Help...Offense Playbook Help...  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Tips & Tricks

Ok the ONLY team I play with on Madden is the Skins. I know they are only rated a 70 whatever but my blood bleeds burgundy and gold.

I typically run with Indianapolis Offense and a Multiple D Defense. I can't stand the Shanahan O or D.

I try to stay in power I and audible between run and TE plays. On Shotgun plays I sub Armstrong in the slot for moss and leave Armstrong and Gaffney on the outside. I know a lot of people sub Banks or Hankerson. How is Hankerson? Should i be using him over Gaffney because Gaffney literally has no speed but is 60/40 on catching.

Do you have any great Offensive play books that you can recommend me using? I'm getting tired of using Indianapolis and I don't want to take an L online playing with a new book i'm not familiar with and believe me their are 31 other play books out there I can choose from.

If you picked a better team to play with it would help you out bunchs. And be smart with your formations, Dont use i form in 2nd & 20 and dont use shotgun in 2nd & 1, I usually use the balanced o playbook and the 4-3 defence(which does include formations with 3 down lineman)

Haha I have a winning record with the Skins. When you play with them as long as I have, you learn all the strengths and weaknesses and how to beat every team in the game!

Balance O playbook? Is this run or pass?? You are saying the 4-3 defense has 3 up front as well? Ok I'll try these and tell you how it worked out thanks.

HTTR!

I only play with the Redskins also. The first thing I do when I get the game is try to find another QB, at least until this year RGIII baby!! I sign B-Rak to a seven year deal then move him to DE. I run the 4-3 defense and balanced offense. Balanced offense allows me to pound the rock and setup play-action. I use Santana in the slot on 3 and 4 wide formations. Hankerson is a big play guy and he only gets better. I am currently in my 16th off-line season. In Madden 11 I made it through 22 seasons. Helu is a good runner, but he gets hurt often. I usually trade for low budget fast TE's such as Housler in Arizona and Williams in Green Bay. I always trade for Taylor Mays. I get Mallett from New England, Dontay Moch from Cincy and Wilson from the Saints. Banks makes big catches for such a low catch rating. Why not run a draw from the shotgun and if they crowd the line, go deep.

See, I don't play the seasons just quick plays. I usually run with Rex grossman, he's a little better than beck. I don't usually use banks as a receiver because I don't have a lot of luck with him. Plus grossman can't throw the deep ball to save his life.

Why the 4-3 Defense? You put Orakpo as a DE? Thats pretty clever I should try that, given the fact we still have riley/kerrigan/fletcher as LB's. On defense I love the 4-6 SS blitz with landry and I stay in dollar - Cover 3/Corner blitz/QB spy Contain to stop the pass.

I normally have a lot of trouble throwing the ball deep and the only effective D that stops the run is 3-4.

I want to throw the ball more but Gaffney is too slow and Armstrong seems to be too inconsistent so that leaves our only target Moss.

I like the seasons because it gives me a chance to build the team the I want. Our linebackers, except for Fletcher do not shed blockers that well. The 4-3 allows the DT's to absorb offensive lineman and allows the LB's to do their job. Plus, it's the NFC East Baby!! Those games in late November and December with the wind, rain and snow, teams are going to run. Orakpo is a beast with his hand in the dirt. His strength, speed and acceleration usually overpowers the right tackle. Yes, I put him at left end and move Kerrigan to right end. I also move Alexander to DT. His speed and acc gets him past most guards. The keys to me on defense is for DT's, strength, acceleration and tackling, for DE, LB and safeties, speed, acceleration and hit power, for DB's speed, acceleration and catching. Awareness is also very important, but that comes with playing time. I am a blitz happy guy and the 4-3 allows me to come at you from all angles while trying to contain B-Rak and Kerrigan from the corners.

If your running the 4-3 with kerrigan and orakpo at the corners, I'm guessing you have bowen and cofield in center. Who do you leave as LB's?

I have Cofield and Alexander at the DT's. Fletcher, Riley and Macintosh at LB.

you dont use bowen? why not?

Light tackler, I sub him in.

Ok, Try this offensive strategy you'll love it. Singleback formation, make sure one of your audibles is a play action. You can almost get 5 yards every down with either helu or hightower. When they start picking up on the run you can audible so davis and cooley will sprint straight so you have two options and can pickup 20 - 30 yards everytime and their is no way for the defense to pick up on you because you stay in the same formation. If for some reason they pickup on davis and cooley for the pass play, Helu will spring out and you can dump it off to him and pick up another first down People I play against hate me for that because they don't know whats coming, pass, run, PA whatever.

Cool. I am all over it when I get off from work.

Hey man how did that strategy work? I tried your 4-3 scheme and it worked fairly well on the run. However I couldn't sub Alexander for bowen or cofield, it wouldn't let me, so I just used him as a linebacker. How did you do that?

You are right!! I hit two TD's with Helu in the flat. I play off-line franchise, so I picked up an extra linebacker to exceed the required LB's.

i thought you said you used alexander as a DT though, I wanted to know how you did that because they wouldnt let me sub him in. Only has a DE but I had those taken up already by kerrigan and rak city.
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Tips & Tricks
Go to: