[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Worst game ever created in the existence of the planet  XML
NBA JAM  > NBA JAM General Discussion

I just had to make an account to tell how bad this game is. I honestly dont know what the creators were thinking when they made this game. The person with the better internet will win 100% of the time due to rebounds.

Why they wouldnt make a designated rebound button is beyond me. Why they made rebounding the same button as block is the worst thing they could have ever thought of. All you need is a good internet and stand under the hoop, its that simple. No timing involved, no skill involved, just make sure ur mommy has bought you a good internet and stand under the hoop.

Now on to 3 pointers, ooooo how i love 3 pointers. I love the fact that people with 5 in three pointers will be better than a person with 8. I love how everytime you need a clutch 3, you will be a wide open with a flawless release and the ball will just rattle out everytime. Its destiny.

Thank you EA for making such a great game into a cow dung broken down to the purest form.

Lesson of the day, have ur mommy buy you a great internet and you will have fun in NBA Jam.

Best game ever when you have the better connection IMHO

maybe you just suck dude.

I am certain that your internet connection has nothing to do with your ability to rebound the ball. There is a delay from when the ball hits the rim to when you can actually grab it in the air, its not a lag issue, its more of an animation thing.

Yeah I'll agree that 3's are really easy to make but that has not stopped me from winning a ton of games. Me and my friend almost exclusively dunk/2-pointers and most of the time we are playing against teams that almost exclusively always shoot 3's. Yet we win.

Also, I made a 3 pointer at 1 second left in a game last night for the win by 1 point. Just saying.

I am one of the top players that play the game in the last 6 sessions, try again. This game is known to have horrible connection issues and rebounding the ball and picking up a loose ball from the ground depends greatly on lag. Its just a really inconsitent game, it can be really fun at times when the connection is smooth but its rare.

Im sure i raped you plenty of times on XBL if you play 2 on 2 with a partner and not the computer.

There would be no chance in hell you could beat us if you use a team that relies on dunks and 2s. If you are winning games with those types of teams, you are playing horrible kids. Those teams are just simply arent good enough to beat teams that have high speed, steals, and 3s. You win games by stealing, shoving, blocking then hitting 3s. Its nothing like the old jam.

I will occasionally pick the block party because they are so fun, but its impossible to beat good players with them. Rose and Pippen might be the only good 2 pointer team because Rose can hit 3s if things start getting out of hand.

ps. Didnt meant to send that via PM

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/2012 16:35:13

Clearly you have never played Bryant "Big Country" Reeves and Marc "Little Country" Gasol

nope I havent lol, prolly never will

I dont even think you can get Reeves on the On fire Edition, can you?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/13/2012 17:16:26

Hes in the Jam store and is a monster!!

I agree with NiceHost here. First we all know about the 3 pointers and the complete garbage they are, so that's all I say there.

Rebounding was absolutely stupid in this game. Err I said was, I mean is. I never related it to lag but I just always thought it seemed so random. So many times I'd jump to rebound and for some reason he wouldn't grab the ball, and it would just fall to whomever did not jump. It really just started to seem there was no point in trying to rebound it.

who ever has the better internet would get the rebound. Just play ur buddy online, both pick paul and run underneath the hoop and who ever has the better internet will just grab the ball 90% of the time. Jumping for the rebound is pointless because half the time he wont even grab it and he will do the blocking motion which will absolutely screw you.
Why wouldnt they just put a rebound button? Like left bumper or something. Why wouldnt they have like a rebound stat so peoples Pauls arent outrebounding my Lebron even thought im doing everything fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 14:03:42

stop moaning. get better.

to get the rebound animation it needs to be a rebound. the ball has to hit the backboard or the rim to put it in a rebound state. if you hit the button prior to that, it will be a block attempt. also look at the arc of the shot to assess where the rebound may fall. standing underneath the hoop isn't the only option.

If you ever play Pliny the elder just quit out because he must be playing on a dial up connection. Everytime It would be our host, he would quit out on the team select screen even tho me and my buddy who play through his awful connection everytime.

I got sick of it and finally messaged him to stop being a * and play on my host, he did and we won easily by 20. Hes so bad but his internet is even worse. Funny part if, he thinks hes good lmao hes so predictable. Just runs to the corners and turn around jumper everytime. Its impossible to lose if you are host because hes so bad but if its its host, you cant block, shove, or steal from him because the game is so laggy.

Wow what a crybaby bum. I just downloaded the game for the first time yesterday and played about 10 online matches. I had a ball. Hadnt played NBA Jam since it was NBA Hangtime on N64, and i was having just as much fun as i did back then. I will agree the rebounding sucks, but not nearly enough to be the worst game ever created. GTFOH, you sound like a scrub. I picked this game up with years of rust on my hands, and within a couple games I was back to beating the crap out of people like it was 1996 all over again. I love the game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/2012 12:26:33

no duh ur having fun, like you said ur 10 games in. You are playing pure scrubs. Wait till you are diamond x5 and you have to play the same try hards over and over while the game is terribly laggy. And you are prolly playing on ps3 which is a lil kids system. If you have an xbox ill be glad to destroy you 2v2.

[quote=NiceHost]no duh ur having fun, like you said ur 10 games in. You are playing pure scrubs. Wait till you are diamond x5 and you have to play the same try hards over and over while the game is terribly laggy. And you are prolly playing on ps3 which is a lil kids system. If you have an xbox ill be glad to destroy you 2v2. [/quote]

LOL, ahhh NiceHost, I was in total agreement with you here...and then you have to knock all PS3 players. Good God man, it's the same old tired argument I'm so sick of hearing.

Ford vs Chevy, Pepsi vs Coke, XBox vs PS3....who the F--- cares really?? You sound like a little kid even bringing it up.

[quote=NiceHost]no duh ur having fun, like you said ur 10 games in. You are playing pure scrubs. Wait till you are diamond x5 and you have to play the same try hards over and over while the game is terribly laggy. And you are prolly playing on ps3 which is a lil kids system. If you have an xbox ill be glad to destroy you 2v2. [/quote]

Actually i've played several people level 40 & 50. I'm just good, and you suck
And i'm not sure what difference it makes that PS3 is a "kid's system" when you're playing a game that's identically made for PS3 and 360. You do realize no matter how "adult" your system is this is a game that features big headed cartoons that fly through the sky and shoot balls of flame, don't you?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/2012 10:13:08

NBA JAM  > NBA JAM General Discussion
Go to: