[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
My personal opinion  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

I have been reading all of these negative post on here for a while now. I'm sad to say I'm disappointed in the community here. I know the older versions were great but Come on... This is new and all out together amazing. the "Deadly Decent's" are pretty cool. The "Global Events" are fun to compete with everyone around the world. They are challenging and new. I don't know about you but have a shinier version of a older game is bleh. I guess what I'm trying to say is be grateful for what you have. Be happy they even decided to bring back the series.

On a side note I do agree that they need to bring back personal Multiplayer.

Agreed 100%. This forum is a drag in general and very negative overall. The old games were not perfect, neither is this one, but overall SSX 2012 is one amazing game. It is the most addicting game I have ever played and I just cant think of another game I have had this much fun with for this long. I am just as addicted 6 weeks later as I was day 1.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/10/2012 07:56:20

One other thing, head over to merqurycity.com OP for a MUCH better SSX atmosphere if you have not done so already. This place is a drag in comparison.

at times it is a drag here but ea sees this stuff too so people like us should still come here too to show how much we like the game in hopes that it will not be the last

im sad that i cant play at the moment at all! but my likeness for the game remains

at some point i will go over to merqurycity.com as well

It's simple: People come to forums to vent. If you're happy there's nothing to vent.

Venting is just one reason people come to forums. I am fine with venting as long as it is kept in perspective and not blown out of proportion which is often not the case here.

I think what keeps this game from being on the tops of mosts SSX list is the
lack of control of our toon, and zero camera angle control.
The random direction your toon heads on landing....will it be forward left right backwards?
The problem is the player does not know and has no control over it.
Many simple things take 6 rewinds to do what should happened the first try.

The game is fun, but they 100% dropped the ball when it comes to toon control.
Think of how many times you have jumpped just to watch your toon mysteriously
change direction in the air, or you go to trick off a tree and get wrecked.
I have still not once had success tricking off a tree like in the opening video.
Nor have I ever had success landing a trick to a rail.
And the random duplicate trick messages.
And the random vanishing of 10+ million points on tricky runs.
I could go on and on, suprised I like the game?
They missed the key part, the player being able to play with skill.

You have to pay attention to what direction and position your board is in when you land in conjunction with the terrain (on trick events though, if you just let go of the trick before you land at a decent time, you should still be on you line assuming you trick in the direction of your line which is important). The physics in this game are much more advanced and require more effort and attention from the player. Once you get a feel for this and start paying attention to how you land your board, you might find like many of us that this new system blows away the old games and is much more fun since it is more interactive. You are wrong that the player has no control over this though because we do. Play the track One Step Ahead with no wing suit for a few hours and you will understand how important your board direction/position is when you land and this track will also help you improve in this area. This also applies to coming off rails. This game requires much more skill because of all of this though which takes time and practice to learn. One other thing to note is that this is one reason why the control sensitivity is a good thing.......if you do land a bit funky and shoot off course a bit you can usually get right back on track with a quick hard turn.

Never had a problem tricking onto rails or off trees. Grinding trees requires a correct approach, but again is just something you have to get a feel for which comes with practice.

I have not experienced the missing 10mil points.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 04/11/2012 05:53:28

L3 puts the board where you want it. You can actually change direction in midair.

Maxthefax wrote:I have been reading all of these negative post on here for a while now. I'm sad to say I'm disappointed in the community here. I know the older versions were great but Come on... This is new and all out together amazing. the "Deadly Decent's" are pretty cool. The "Global Events" are fun to compete with everyone around the world. They are challenging and new. I don't know about you but have a shinier version of a older game is bleh. I guess what I'm trying to say is be grateful for what you have. Be happy they even decided to bring back the series.

On a side note I do agree that they need to bring back personal Multiplayer.

totally agree with you, love the old games (save for BLUR) but this new game has plenty of great things about it...one bad thing doesn't make it epically bad in every way...i'm kind of sick of people using multiplayer to blame the game for being bad. it is a downside but if u want to put this game on a scale of good to bad it is at least 80% good to 20% bad...the 20% unfortuantly happens to be quite a important feature.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/2012 11:18:24

At least it is free to disagree.
I feel the game lacks in all aspects of precision compared to previous titles.

For the trees, I do not mean tricking off them in a rail form. I mean flying
thru the air and tricking off them, I have fallen every single try, but still try.
One of the tree tricks in the opening scene is a handplant.

And for tricking to rails, I mean do an airborne uber trick and land it on the rail.
An uber trick that can be landed, each rail trick has it's airborne duplicate.

But I still have fun, racing works ok, survive is fun, tricking is not so
fun thruout. We need more wingsuit like gadgets, it adds fun but the other
gear are pretty bland.

I think the 7.5 grade the BIG reviewer gave the game is spot on.
Upgraded to an 8 now that they added voice chat.
Throw in some real MP and I might goto a 9.
I got my platinum, 159 drops, badges so obvious I likey.

You cant trick off a tree like in that vid, so quit trying

You cant hold a trick and land on a rail, so quit trying that as well.

Game is an easy 9.5 IMO and best SSX to date.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/2012 14:46:51

innzane wrote:At least it is free to disagree.
I feel the game lacks in all aspects of precision compared to previous titles.

For the trees, I do not mean tricking off them in a rail form. I mean flying
thru the air and tricking off them, I have fallen every single try, but still try.
One of the tree tricks in the opening scene is a handplant.

And for tricking to rails, I mean do an airborne uber trick and land it on the rail.
An uber trick that can be landed, each rail trick has it's airborne duplicate.

But I still have fun, racing works ok, survive is fun, tricking is not so
fun thruout. We need more wingsuit like gadgets, it adds fun but the other
gear are pretty bland.

I think the 7.5 grade the BIG reviewer gave the game is spot on.
Upgraded to an 8 now that they added voice chat.
Throw in some real MP and I might goto a 9.
I got my platinum, 159 drops, badges so obvious I likey.

before i speak on my view let me just say of course you and everyone else is entitled to their own opinion, i just think that judging it off one measly mistake like no multiplayer and constantly using that arguement is unfair, u have to other reasons for not liking a game as well, u can't defend your dislike with the same reason for ever...it is just pathetic.

for all we know we might get more gear n gadgets, we are in the day and age of: release a game with its minmal and then slowly release more n more DLC for it over time, look at the Gears of War games, they had nothing when they first came out but then released stuff via DLC. EA is doing the same thing.

In the developers forums you're always gunna see the bad threads 10x more than the good. SSX is a great game but people who make the bad threads are trying to point out stuff to EA. The problem is, this is EA. People get annoyed because EA never listen, I mean, people can't even play the game cus of some bug and instead EA release DLC...

Cutzy wrote:In the developers forums you're always gunna see the bad threads 10x more than the good. SSX is a great game but people who make the bad threads are trying to point out stuff to EA. The problem is, this is EA. People get annoyed because EA never listen, I mean, people can't even play the game cus of some bug and instead EA release DLC...

DLC can also be patches and upgrades that get rid of bugs and problems u know...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/2012 14:14:50

SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: