[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Simple things overlooked  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion

I have a problem with things overlooked that only takes a day of updating. These aren't features. Things like socks. No player wear ankle socks. Adding the Nike elite socks and specific team socks such as michigan and many others. Correcting the shoes and adding many more. All it takes is a google search to see what the players are wearing. Bringing the knee pads up higher. No player wear them below the knees. And skilled players don't wear knee pads and some skilled players don't wear any thigh pads. We need to option to add and remove like in madden. Adjust the shoulder pads too bulky. Adjust the knee bands too low add many more gloves. Add clay Matthews style hair and Troy palamolu style hair. This can still be added before release step it up EA. sucks ECU didn't get their great entrance or Ohioan state being held back coming out the tunnel. But I guess there isn't enough time for much each yr. sad excuse

[quote=Avross2010]I have a problem with things overlooked that only takes a day of updating. These aren't features. Things like socks. No player wear ankle socks. Adding the Nike elite socks and specific team socks such as michigan and many others. Correcting the shoes and adding many more. All it takes is a google search to see what the players are wearing. Bringing the knee pads up higher. No player wear them below the knees. And skilled players don't wear knee pads and some skilled players don't wear any thigh pads. We need to option to add and remove like in madden. Adjust the shoulder pads too bulky. Adjust the knee bands too low add many more gloves. Add clay Matthews style hair and Troy palamolu style hair. This can still be added before release step it up EA. sucks ECU didn't get their great entrance or Ohioan state being held back coming out the tunnel. But I guess there isn't enough time for much each yr. sad excuse[/quote]

I agree with you...i also hope they put eye black and tape in...and have all the correct helmets and facemasks this year...i wish they would update equipment put some addias visors and gloves in and also underarmor....one big thing thye need in the gameplay is have the chain gang on the sidelines ive never seen a football game with out the first down markers and they still overlook or just simply dont care about them to put in

Totally agree with ya

While I agree with the main point of this thread, that many details that seem like they would be very simple to fix go untouched, I think that you need to know a little bit more about what you're talking about before you just go spouting off that it "needs fixed" in the game. I agree that the shoulder pads look too big. I agree that we need more gloves and visors. However, one of your main points was that you should be able to remove the thigh and/or knee pads from the players' uniforms. The NCAA is different than the NFL. In the NFL, players can wear (or not wear) whatever they want below the waist. College football players are required to wear hip, tailbone, thigh, and knee pads. That being said, companies like Nike have started making these pads lighter and smaller in recent seasons. All players are still required to wear them, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/23/2012 12:16:36

Yea. Well with different pad sizes and different shoes and accessories across the field it gives it some sort of dynamic image.

In before the word GAMEPLAY is thrown out their
Presentation and VISUALS are as important, if not more important, than gameplay.
Eye Black? Mouth Pieces? IF its in the game.. its not in this game.

Gam_B1t wrote:In before the word GAMEPLAY is thrown out their
Presentation and VISUALS are as important, if not more important, than gameplay.
Eye Black? Mouth Pieces? IF its in the game.. its not in this game.

I totally agree with this statement. New, fresh gameplay is great. But, I'm not going to be into the game or want to play the game if what I'm seeing isn't believable. I'm not quite as concerned about what's not in the game, equipment-wise, as I am concerned about what we actually see the players wearing. Would I love to see Adidas visors, Adidas and Under Armour gloves, eye black, more hair choices, etc.? Sure, of course we all would. My bigger issue, and I've been saying this for years, lies within what the players actually wear, by default. Turn on any of the ESPNU replays from last season, or any of the number of spring games they've been showing recently. Take note of what 2012's college athletes are wearing on the field.

You'll be sure to see plenty of Revo Speed helmets and plenty of whatever newfangled name Schutt is calling their helmets these days. You'll see almost every player with gloves on, most skilled players with some type of thin sweatbands on their biceps and/or calves. At least half of the RBs/CBs/WRs will be wearing visors. You'll see the vast majority of players wearing mid-level socks. Many o-linemen will have knee braces on. This is what today's college athletes wear. Call it swag. Call it "look good, feel good, play good." Call it whatever you want, but this is how today's college kids dress on the field. What do all of these things I just mentioned have in common? Two things. One, they are all available on NCAA 12. Two, by default, they are NOT found on players in NCAA 12, especially when getting into future years in dynasty mode.

Things you will NOT see on today's players....huge taped up wrists, ankles, forearms, etc. Guaranteed you will not see a single "standard" Riddell or Schutt helmet in a 2012 FBS game. Players do not wear giant, bulky wristbands. Today's players do not wear giant, bulky shoulder pads, nor do they wear full-length sleeves. Only QBs and kickers should even have the "standard" sleeve option available. However, fire up a game of NCAA 12 two or more years into a dynasty, and this is 99% of what you will see...players dressing like it's 1985.

Now, I know that I have the ability in-game to change how the players dress, and i exercise this option for my own team. However, I am not going to invest the ridiculous amount of time necessary to change the equipment for players on every team that I play, let alone all 120 on the game. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we already have an adequate amount of new, realistic equipment on the game, but the NCAA dev team is completely out of touch with what today's players actually wear. I understand all of the licensing issues that prevent them from including each "real" player's "real" set of equipment. But, there are no such issues preventing them from dressing all of the players in the game with 2012-era equipment and certainly no issues with outfitting future, fictional players in dynasty mode with realistic gear. I admittedly know nothing about programming a game, but if they could just write some code that makes generated players dress like it's 2012 and not 1985, I think that it would go a long way to making the game feel more realistic.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Did someone say presentation and visuals are more important than gameplay? Ok, just checking. No wonder we get players carrying trophies off the field after rivalry games instead of awesome gameplay...smh

[WWW]

i didnt know it was that hard to fix the ankle socks..

[Avatar]

ShadowNinja31 wrote:i didnt know it was that hard to fix the ankle socks..
probably not hard at all. just a matter of priorities for the art team.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

baseballmvp2pt0 wrote:
ShadowNinja31 wrote:i didnt know it was that hard to fix the ankle socks..
probably not hard at all. just a matter of priorities for the art team.

I don't think they need to be fixed. The medium height is what 99% of players wear anyways.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Stanimal032 wrote:Did someone say presentation and visuals are more important than gameplay? Ok, just checking. No wonder we get players carrying trophies off the field after rivalry games instead of awesome gameplay...smh

I have to agree i most likely played this game longer than most & game play is way more important than some socks there is way more that needs to be fixed with this game like the custom playbooks,frame rates,broken plays and a long list of other things now who cares about socks when you got a trillion glitches affecting game play so let them work on game play first.It's like a great meal first you add the all important base ingredients,then the seasonings and then you mix and blend everything together & let it cook just right(testing phase) then top it off with all the deserts(the extras,like socks,shoes,uni's, progressive stadium upgrades and stadium designs ect,ect) by the way what's good Stanima ? how you been?
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Stanimal032 wrote:Did someone say presentation and visuals are more important than gameplay? Ok, just checking. No wonder we get players carrying trophies off the field after rivalry games instead of awesome gameplay...smh

just for the record, we'd get both no matter what. working on one doesnt detract from the other. but, good to see you back stan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/2012 07:55:13

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Good to be back fellas! Not a lot just been working and whatnot. Getting back to that time of the year where all I do is yearn for the next version of NCAA lol. What's been new with you all?

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Stanimal032 wrote:Good to be back fellas! Not a lot just been working and whatnot. Getting back to that time of the year where all I do is yearn for the next version of NCAA lol. What's been new with you all?
[color=red] [color=red]same here man,another year another chance to see if EA hits the mark of greatness i am noticing a change in their attitudes.the once young producers have matured and really started to listen like the old producers use to, i remember we use to write them hand written letters and got letters back thanking us for the ideas,man makes me wish i was 22 again oh well time moves on now i am 39(im the old grand player of the group lol) so many people write them they get over whelmed at times trying to sort through the ideas.Man its a blessing to see how much this game has come since its inception,Just want them to get better.Hey if they fix the online play i might get back on this year,have not done that in years.I heard so many bad things about it and people used to quit on me in the middle of the game so i stop playing.Hey i am going to be starting a site soon(most likely gonna need some help lol)Yo what up mvp 2.0 hows it going man?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 04/25/2012 09:24:38

[WWW]
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion
Go to: