[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Longest Drive and Closest to Pin in Group Tourney  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Report a Website Bug

Longest Drive and Closest to Pin in Group Tourney... NOT DISPLAYED
Ever since the last update, we don't know any more who drove longest, approached best or made an Ace. Any other groups similarly afflicted?

Groups and live tournament play, and exhibition solo play.

Actually, I think EA dumped them. I believe that now, because of the lack of extra in game cash awards, to level up faster, you will now need to get your credit card out, and purchase points. That's my take on it.

You're right Gary. Also, I just played a live tourney and there were no contest markers for other players to be seen during play.
Good ole EA Sports, they sure haven't lost their touch when it comes to use site maintenance to mess things up. As for your private musings about the motivations of EA, why would you want to level up in the first place. Don't answer that, please - let's keep this thread focussed!

For once.

k?

[Avatar]

as much as I would like to say it's greed this has happened before.. If they fix it then we will know that they do read the posts if not then it's greed

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit, 2 Cards SLI NVidia GeForce GTS450, Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz, 6.0 GB Ram

[Avatar]

I can't call the disappearance of the LD/CTTP contests greed...it's to easy to accumulate cash in this game, in my view.

Was it by design or was it another one of those update/maintenance glitches...who knows and since no one from EA informs this community what's going on anymore, we may never know, unless the contests one day magically reappear, then we will know it was most likely a glitch.

All this, as well as everything else that has gone on or not gone on in this game over the past two years, just solidifies my view that EA Sports has never and will never support this game properly and has proven once more that my vote in a certain poll regarding a certain company was justified.
[Email]

It's mindlessly messing with a bit of code and causing another bit to go belly-up.
It's not greed, it's being sloppy or stupid - and not caring one bit either way because nobody holds you accountable.

[Avatar]

I see after yesterday's site maintenance the LD/CTTP competitions are working once again, at least in the daily tournaments.

Shows me someone is still performing minimal game fixes to the glitches that occur each time some work is done changing the never ending booster deals to generate income for TWO...unfortunately no one deems it necessary to communicate with us about anything to improve EA's status in our eyes or to improve the game which could generate even more income.
[Email]

[Avatar]

I believe they took the markers on purpose on accident They do not exist in TW13 for xbox and ps3. One nice thing about removing them is people will not be able to cheat on expert aiming mode now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 04:32:24

good point, harvey...whether their currently working or not, they shouldnt be there in expert aiming rounds

cary

Harvey, gojints... the Thursday update brought them back. It was a blunder. How could you ever assume the folks over at Giggles Inc would ever do something sensible or considerate? Really, you two should know better. Trust EA Sports never to remove a feature that might convince members to buy boosters or to win more in-game money.

[Avatar]

gojints wrote:good point, harvey...whether their currently working or not, they shouldnt be there in expert aiming rounds

Agreed.

Harvey_Penick wrote:I believe they took the markers on purpose on accident They do not exist in TW13 for xbox and ps3. One nice thing about removing them is people will not be able to cheat on expert aiming mode now
I never played expert aiming mode. I was just wondering how someone can cheat in this mode if the long drive shot markers are on the screen?

It's not really a cheat, though obviously frowned upon by some, gene. In expert aim, you can't zoom forward at all to set the aim for your drive. You're stuck where your ball lies without the usual info about how the terrain is like furhter ahead.
But you can make out the longest drive contest marker from the tee and aim at it, which helps carrying obstacles or negotiating doglegs. The first one out on an expert aim does not get this considerable help, all the others behind him do.

Kablammo11, thanks for the answer. It seems like everyone should turn the marker off when playing in this mode. It appears it would have to be based on the honor system that a player has the marker turned off.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > Report a Website Bug
Go to: