[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Extremely Frustrated... Need Trick List  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

Bought this game a week ago and have played for ungodly amount of hours... Does anyone know of a resource that has a list of tricks and how to perform them? No matter what I do, I can't score over silver in any event.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have not seen a list.
You have 4 basic grabs, each tweaked.=8
Of the 4 basic grabs, each also has 3 option grabs.=12
Then 4 basic uber tricks, each tweakable, each with an option grab=20
Then 4 super uber tricks, each tweakable, each with option grab=20
And each toon has a signature trick=1
Then there are some rail tricks.=6

67 tricks not including normal flips and spins, helicopter trick offs, etc.

option grab=press any grab button momentarily then switch to another button

[Avatar]

Lots of helpful stuff out there..

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ssx/147489-trick-list.html

That's a trick list for you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/2012 14:16:17

Wow. SSX redo coming Jan. 2012. Stoked.

Plat'd TW12. Phil's MM was my hardest point.

-Get your multiplier up to 20x ASAP.
-Rails are great for getting up your multiplier in the beginning of your run since you can do multiple rail tricks going approx 1 second between tricks and each one will raise your multiplier by 1. Once you get your multiplier up to 20x though, stay off rails in general in favor of jumps which will yield more points.
-At first, keep your combo going until you have your multiplier at 20x then you can cash in your combo. As you get better, work toward keeping your combo for the entire run.
-2 button tweaked tricks are worth the most points in each of the 3 categories (normal, tricky and super tricky).
The left/right and right/left 2 button tweaked Super Uber tricks are the highest scoring tricks in the game and worth more than even your signature uber.
-The remaining Super Ubers as long as you tweak them are STILL worth more than your signature move. Basically, if you are going for high score, do the two 2 button left/right and right/left tweaked super ubers (All You Can Eat tweak and Blackbird tweak) as much as possible, but if you do other tricks, opt for your other 2 button tweaked Super Ubers over your sig trick since they will yield a higher score.
-As long as you alternate tricks, you will never get a duplicate trick penalty. Basically what this means is you can go back and forth between the All You Can Eat Tweak and Blackbird Tweak the entire run without getting a dup trick penalty as long as you never do the exact same trick 2 times in a row.
-Flips are worth more than spins, so always do flips instead of spins. Back flips are slightly better than front flips since you can get slightly more lift which might allow for an extra flip or a bit more trick time. This is a VERY slight difference though and the important thing is making sure you do flips instead of spins.
-Boost off jumps for better height which yields to longer tricks/more flips which means bigger points.
-Some of the biggest hits in the game are NOT marked jumps. Side walls, cliff drops, etc......all have huge air potential.
-Hold one single 2 button tweaked trick for the entirety of your trick/jump. One held 2 button tweaked trick is worth MUCH more than trying to button mash a bunch of tricks into one hit/jump.
-Tricking is not a race, so try not to rush it. The more time you can spend on the track without hurting your flow, the better since this means more tricks which mean more points.
-Make a mental note of the biggest jumps on whatever track you are on and try to plan your line around these hitting as many as you can since these give the biggest points.
-Lots of strategy to mods and I suggest reading this thread for more info.........
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10169&hilit=mods
-Higher level characters and equipment make a big difference since you get trick faster, higher, longer, etc......get your trick characters up to level 11 and equip them with awesome level 11 trick boards ASAP.
-Watch and learn from this video which is a textbook example of how to max a trick run (on this particular track at least). Keep in mind these tips I have mentioned as you watch.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-cOpcL7DY&feature=player_embedded

Just some random thoughts/tips.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/13/2012 17:11:55

Thanks for all the info and tips... I was awestruck by the video. I tried to trick of rock surfaces, but I just ended up wiping out. The way I approach jumps is boost and hold (a) to get the tight rotation... is this wrong?

When I approach a jump, I boost, hold jump (A) and prewind a flip. As you hit the peak of the jump, let go of (A), but continue to hold boost (which is now tweak) and continue to hold your flip and at this point, do your 2 button trick and hold this until about 1/2 second or so from the ground (let go of everything with enough time so you dont wipe out obviously). Keep an eye out for your next jump when you are coming in for a landing from your current jump and try to plan ahead when possible.

One tip I forgot to mention which you may know about is to board press between jumps to keep your combo going. the bigger the trick you just did, the longer the combo meter will last so if you only have a few seconds between big hits, you wont need to board press in this situation. If longer than a few seconds between big hits and especially if your last few tricks were not HUGE, board press to keep your combo going. It is very important to learn how to keep your combo going until you get your multiplier up to 20x at which point you can let the combo timer run out and "cash in" your combo. Again though, once you feel comfortable with this, work on keeping your combo up the entire run, but first learn to keep your combo going to 20x which is the most important.

Yeah, that vid is crazy! It is a great vid to watch though to help improve your game since it is a textbook example on how to trick. It should help improve your own game along with the other tips as you put in more and more time.

Try not to get frustrated though and just keep practicing. Eventually, it will start to click and you will be rockin! Also, as crazy as this sounds, just try and relax and get into a groove. Trying to hard and trying to much can be a bad combo and if you can learn to just relax and kind of feel out the course, you will get into the groove in no time.

Also, check out merqurycity.com for a fantastic SSX 2012 forum and the best SSX community on the net. Lots of great info, advice, strategy on the game, etc...........

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/13/2012 19:25:34

[quote=Linksman]Lots of helpful stuff out there..

That's a trick list for you[/quote]

FINALLY! That is awesome, thanks for posting. So what are the super ubers? Just the same as the ubers, but in full tricky mode?

Thanks Toe! I'll try not to give up! Would you be up for some in-game coaching? add me as a friend GT Snoop Bawg

[Avatar]

[quote=redrum71][quote=Linksman]Lots of helpful stuff out there..

That's a trick list for you[/quote]

FINALLY! That is awesome, thanks for posting. So what are the super ubers? Just the same as the ubers, but in full tricky mode?[/quote]

Yes...

When I did mine, it was the goofy/standard that I missed. I just did all the combos during regular play and when I went to finalize this one, it ended up that without even knowing it, I preferred standard, since what I missed was all the goofy ones.

Wow. SSX redo coming Jan. 2012. Stoked.

Plat'd TW12. Phil's MM was my hardest point.

patrickj0781 wrote:Thanks Toe! I'll try not to give up! Would you be up for some in-game coaching? add me as a friend GT Snoop Bawg

Sure! Are you on xbox? I will shoot you a request, or you can shoot me one. I am not the best player out there, but I am always in the diamond bracket now with the new system so I have the general idea down. I have been hitting right around 50 mil on The Big Show in Siberia average (I have competed in this event about 8 times this week) this week give or take with the 2 hour GE to give you an idea of my skill level.
XBL: KING TOE

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/14/2012 13:14:38

Thanks again for your post Linksman. I finally nailed that last badge and scored the trophy. All I was missing was all you can eat/blackbird. One step closer to platinum.

only the Uber Tricks and Uber Rails really matter, and to do them u just press one of three buttons along with the left trigger, the other tricks really con't score u many points, also be sure to hold them in combos by holding B while on the ground to balance on the tail of your board.

As fellow n00b I just figured out a few things in my technique that helped me.

A. I was tending to hold down the tweak button while leaving the ground which would automatically throw me into a specific trick and cause me to duplicate often. Now I consciously let off the boost/tweak, pick a trick, then pull in the tweak.

B. Having realized I was doing that I found that I was also being lazy about the left trigger for the signature tricks. This has the devilish side effect of causing you to slide up the sides and even across the top of jumps sometimes.

I realize it's pretty basic but being conscious of it boosted my score about 5M, and I haven't seen many threads talking about ways to help your score by fixing your habits/techniques.

You should not have to let go of boost/tweak as you leave the jump. Let go of jump and do your two button trick and continuing to hold boost/tweak.
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: