[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
This game any good any helpful websites?  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

This game any good any helpful websites?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/13/2012 21:19:46

Game is absolutely incredible. Insanely addicting.

Merqurycity.com is the best SSX enthusiast site on the net. Go to the SSX 2012 forum which has tons of great info, tips, strategies, etc....

[Avatar]

This website is good for all games if you have a ps3... there is a sister site for the xbox versions.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ssx/

It deals with trophies for the most part but has all kinds of useful info you won't find many other places unless it's taken from this website.

Just be careful if you don't want spoilers... there will be. lol

As far as the game goes.. it's good if you like solo play.

This game was a huge flop for EA but that means a HUGE price drop. It's still basically a new game and you can buy it for 30 bucks.

For 30 bucks you can't go wrong.. it's easily the best 30 dollar game around right now.

Wow. SSX redo coming Jan. 2012. Stoked.

Plat'd TW12. Phil's MM was my hardest point.

If this game was a huge flop, we would not be seeing the support we are getting at this point. All last week we were teased with a puzzle of what we now know is soon to be released Tricky inspired DLC. What are you basing your huge flop perspective on exactly? The 1/2 price sale is certainly not abnormal since lots of big name games take this marketing/sales approach.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 12:47:00

[Avatar]

I base my opinion on the facts... retail sales - flop.

and what you are getting was already designed into the game.. nothing new has been developed. It's the new way these companies work. EA is now streaming stuff down and adding content that will get them extra cash. Lower returns on racing and higher cost of shop items.. equals in their hopes (EA) more people buying credit packs from them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 13:09:40

Linksman wrote:I base my opinion on the facts... retail sales - flop.

and what you are getting was already designed into the game.. nothing new has been developed. It's the new way these companies work. EA is now streaming stuff down and adding content that will get them extra cash. Lower returns on racing and higher cost of shop items.. equals in their hopes (EA) more people buying credit packs from them.

What are the sales numbers and what was the sales goal? I have not seen past the first week as far as sales figures go, but those numbers looked good to me considering this is a reboot. Sales were nearly 1/2 a million copies which did not include Japan. No way EA had MW sales expectations for this game as a realistic goal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 13:21:43

[Avatar]

Tis Saturday here in the states, late afternoon headed to evening.

exactly 4 seperate people have posted in this, the official SSX forum. 4. FOUR. 1. 2. 3. 4.

For a game that's only a few weeks old, that's stupid ugly. The other forums for SSX are just as dead. Even the touted Merqurycity.com is basically just a forum for diehards and people wayyyyyyyy to impressed with the scores they post, has only three threads that show a last post of today in the Gen SSX Forum.

This game is dead as it gets for a major release. The website I use for sales numbers cost money to belong to and so I don't give out the exact info. You can look it up yourself.

My main point is buy the game if it appeals to you, but don't judge it by what I say or what the 2 guys in this forum say that constantly tell everyone how great the game is and how fun online play is. It's a fun game but the online portion is sad at best and the number of people that even play that has dropped a huge percentage from the already too small number at launch. Shoot... we couldn't even get a 50k number on the events for badges for the ps3 and xbox barely made that number.

That's sad.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/14/2012 15:16:51

Just as I thought.......you are speculating and dont have any hard facts. I am betting this game is FAR from a flop considering what their expectations were for a reboot. All in all, I am guessing the game is doing pretty much as expected.........that is my speculation.

This "official" forum has NEVER been all that busy. Not before release, release week or now so that is not a sign of anything.

Merqurycity.com is VERY active and you need to check again as there are 22 active topics with todays date in the SSX 2012 forum and many of those have multiple posts from today since I was part of a few of those threads this morning.

I flat out disagree with you on the multiplayer. Considering the game, the multiplayer they gave us is fantastic. Sure, I would love a traditional lobby type system as well, but if budget/resources/time could only give us one, they without question made the right choice...........could you imagine playing this game with lag which would be inevitable with a lobby type system

[Avatar]

I have all the facts I need.. I've seen the sales numbers and they are not good. If you want to think something else then spend the time looking it up yourself.

I know also that I have several full ps3 friends lists and in all those people, only 3 ever bothered with the game and those three have stopped playing. I have exactly zero friends that have logged into SSX this past week.

If you are fopping terrible multiplayer games as great because you don't have to deal with your normal lag... then you need a better internet connection. I never get game lag and am not about to abide crappy multiplay like this game has so people with crappy net cons will be happy. That's just b.s.

Whenever company shills resort to saying junk like, hey it's got no lag, or hey these kind of forums are always dead, or hey it's a niche market or they were not expecting to sell many games..

You can be sure.. it's a flop.

And now, like everyone else, I'm done for good with SSX and the forums. No need arguing with the two people left playing. If you like the game.. cool beans. I hope you continue to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 20:31:30

I quit a couple weeks ago after the Bandwagon badge was finally faked by E.A. for us.

This game obviously (to anyone with eyes to see) is not living up to the expectations of E.A. You only need look to the Bandwagon problem. They expected to have no problem getting 50k people entered into one single event and it never happened on the PS3.

Only by faking 15-20k riders have they been able to get that number for that badge to pop for people.

I haven't logged in for a bit so I decided to do so and dl the new dlc stuff and I jotted down some factual numbers for you folk.

Himalayas 5918
Siberia 12476
N.Z. 1015
A.A. 1005
Patty 2084
Alps 10717
AK 5356
Rockies 4187
Africa 350

Total 43108

Even if that were 43k seperate riders, that would suck bags. Counting the fact that those are a high percent of repeat riders entering more than one event and then even count in many people that use multiple id's to boost their own ghosts and other online stuff, that number is considerably lower if you want the actual number of people playing online.

I had some high hopes for this game, but like most, I bagged it after a week or two of online boredom.

As others have said, it's pretty fun for a solo game, but it's no multiplayer game at all.

Whoever said that stuff about it's better this way so you have less lag is really special. There are lots of online games you can play that have zero lag, if they are boring and nobody else plays, then you probably won't have much lag to speak of.

/drive by
/good luck

Plenty of other games out there boys if this one is not doing it for you. Hope you find one that makes you as happy as SSX makes me

Good luck!
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: