[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
What do you want to be seen improved/added to Dynasty??  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion

[Avatar]

I want this thread to be only about dynasty improvements not gameplay, presentation, etc. just dynasty... and please no one say anything about adding playoffs I just want to hear realistic suggestions

- recruiting should be more of a mystery when you don't know that you're the #1 or #2 team for a prospect, but you only know if you made the cut for their top 8 or top 3 that would make recruiting more exciting because you wouldn't know if you should stop recruiting a player or not if you aren't #1 on their list

- for progression they should add a new attribute for ability to be coached which you wouldn't be able to see until a prospect has committed to your team and a players progression should be determined by this new attribute, their on field play (stats), and a coaches teaching ability which also should be an addition to coaches

- medical redshirts

- position battles especially when a starter graduates or leaves which could be incorporated in spring drills and a spring game

- there should be progression after the spring game, right before the season starts which would be fall camp, and also maybe 3 times throughout the season like week 4 week 8 week 12... with the progression you should also be able to see players regress as well

- recruits that commit during the season should have the option to enter school in the spring so they can participate in spring games which in turn would allow them to have a chance to increase their ratings before the season starts during offseason progression

- promises need to have more of an impact on players because they really don't have much of an impact at all also they don't make sense the way the points are awarded... if early playing time is most important for a player than promising them they'll make the freshman all american team or solid playing time first year on campus should have a huge impact and promising them a game in their home town should have less of an impact on the player it just doesn't make sense and it's pretty random

that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll add more later... whatelse do you guys think would be great additions/improvemnts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2012 13:26:12

BoiseSt39 wrote:Use the D-pad to move your player, press A to try spin and B to juke! Lead Joe Thiesman to a Techmo Bowl Championship!

[Avatar]

Things I'd like to see:

-Discipline and problems occurring inside your program. It happens IRL, why not?

-Dynamic recruiting. If a coach gets canned mid-season from say, Notre Dame, and they have 4 and 5-star commits. Possibly have a chance that those commits change their status because instability in the program. Gunner Kiel demonstrated this choice twice, bypassing both Indiana and LSU, finally settling on Notre Dame.

-Increased ratings of walk-on players. Tons of now-NFL players have been walk-ons, including Dane Sanzenbacher, Clay Matthews, and last year's feel-good stories, Oklahoma's Domonique Whaley and Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis. I think they are vastly underappreciated by EA, and at least deserve a chance to have a "great spring" and crack the cuts.

-Ability to hire/fire coordinators AND positional coaches (QB,RB,WR,TE,OL,DL,LB,DB) and even starting the Coaching Carousel from a positional coach spot. This would only pad the depth and entertainment that Dynasty offers.

-Ability to bring Road to Glory player to Online Dynasty as a Coordinator or Positional coach. Again, create an even deeper story for the Dynasty lovers.

-Scouting potential recruits and the creation of scouting position on staff. It's in the game, let's see them!

-Medical redshirt. Pretty self-explanatory, Case Keenum is a good example for it.

-A travelling crew of College GameDay. EA has the ESPN brand, why not use it?

-More announcing crews for different tiers of games (Brent Musberger and Kirk for the Saturday Night special, Joe Tessitore and Rod Gilmore with the midweek games and late night Saturday games, and if you manage to suck enough, you score Pam Ward and Dan Hawkins). Again, utilize ESPN, they are there for a reason, right?

That's about all I've got.

[Avatar]

Soz for double post -_-.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 17:57:43

[Avatar]

Real coaching changes. Just because the Air Force coach goes to Texas, doesn't mean Texas becomes an option team.

Sleepers and busts in recruiting.

Recruiting violations would be awesome. For example - You spend too many hours on the phone. A positive gain is that you spark more interest in recruits. But do it too often, and you could be sanctioned. This will also affect the job offers you get. Meaning bigger schools would be less likely to hire you because of the sanctions. (Pulling a Pete Carroll and offering $$ shouldn't be implemented!!!)

Disciplinary issues with players like in the PS2 days.

Home/Away agreements with teams. I know you can kinda set this up yourself though.

[Avatar]

R0CKD MUCH wrote:Things I'd like to see:

-Discipline and problems occurring inside your program. It happens IRL, why not?

-Dynamic recruiting. If a coach gets canned mid-season from say, Notre Dame, and they have 4 and 5-star commits. Possibly have a chance that those commits change their status because instability in the program. Gunner Kiel demonstrated this choice twice, bypassing both Indiana and LSU, finally settling on Notre Dame.

-Increased ratings of walk-on players. Tons of now-NFL players have been walk-ons, including Dane Sanzenbacher, Clay Matthews, and last year's feel-good stories, Oklahoma's Domonique Whaley and Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis. I think they are vastly underappreciated by EA, and at least deserve a chance to have a "great spring" and crack the cuts.

-Ability to hire/fire coordinators AND positional coaches (QB,RB,WR,TE,OL,DL,LB,DB) and even starting the Coaching Carousel from a positional coach spot. This would only pad the depth and entertainment that Dynasty offers.

-Ability to bring Road to Glory player to Online Dynasty as a Coordinator or Positional coach. Again, create an even deeper story for the Dynasty lovers.

-Scouting potential recruits and the creation of scouting position on staff. It's in the game, let's see them!

-Medical redshirt. Pretty self-explanatory, Case Keenum is a good example for it.

-A travelling crew of College GameDay. EA has the ESPN brand, why not use it?

-More announcing crews for different tiers of games (Brent Musberger and Kirk for the Saturday Night special, Joe Tessitore and Rod Gilmore with the midweek games and late night Saturday games, and if you manage to suck enough, you score Pam Ward and Dan Hawkins). Again, utilize ESPN, they are there for a reason, right?

That's about all I've got.

Yes medical redshirts is a must. I like the different broadcast package idea and i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEE the position coach idea.

[Avatar]

Dedmon3 wrote: (Pulling a Pete Carroll and offering $$ shouldn't be implemented!!!)

pete carroll never offered money to recruits. if you're gonna take a jab at certain schools, it helps to know your facts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 22:28:10

There are purchasable things like recruit advisor, well I'd like to have the ability to purchase 85 size roster.

[Avatar]

I have a great deal of respect for the product that EA Tiburon puts out year to year, but it has to be said that Dynasty recruiting is due for an overhaul... this is something that may not be possible in this year's game; however I have a couple of ideas that would be feasible

1. Put more of an emphasis on what really makes players want to go to attend a particular school: direct contact with the coaching staff and school
- Unofficial school visits
- Attending a recruits game
- In home visits
- Meet with High-School Head Coach
- "Send the House" as NCAA Basketball 2010 put it... interpreted as exhausting every possible
resource and angle in order to land that Blue Chipper your school cannot live without
(Personally I'd like to have the "Buy recruit a house" option, but EA might not go for that one

2. Include the hiring and firing of position coaches in the game... these coaches should have ratings not only for
ability to teach their particular area i.e. QB coach, but also for their ability to Recruit

3. Less tedious recruiting from week to week... When I picked up Madden last year, one of the biggest
reliefs for me was not having to worry about recruiting every week.
Possible ideas:

- Scrap the phone call system all together and instead assign tasks to your Recruiting coordinator and staff
Ex: Rec.Coordinator- Scout the Nation's Top Duel Threat QB's... He then reports back with their interest
in your school, as well as a general rundown of their skill-sets

For Future NCAA Games:
-Interactive Junior Days, QB camps and Coaches Clinics allowing you to actually
play small mini-games with the recruits to test their skills... this gives you first hand experience with what
each recruit can do, as well as giving you a leg up in the race for their commitment

-Pipeline High-Schools and Junior-Colleges: Building relationships with coaches at other levels can pay big
dividends down the road

-NFL connections i.e. former players that went pro helping recruit for you

[Avatar]

BioHusker86 wrote:I have a great deal of respect for the product that EA Tiburon puts out year to year, but it has to be said that Dynasty recruiting is due for an overhaul... this is something that may not be possible in this year's game; however I have a couple of ideas that would be feasible

1. Put more of an emphasis on what really makes players want to go to attend a particular school: direct contact with the coaching staff and school
- Unofficial school visits
- Attending a recruits game
- In home visits
- Meet with High-School Head Coach
- "Send the House" as NCAA Basketball 2010 put it... interpreted as exhausting every possible
resource and angle in order to land that Blue Chipper your school cannot live without
(Personally I'd like to have the "Buy recruit a house" option, but EA might not go for that one

2. Include the hiring and firing of position coaches in the game... these coaches should have ratings not only for
ability to teach their particular area i.e. QB coach, but also for their ability to Recruit

3. Less tedious recruiting from week to week... When I picked up Madden last year, one of the biggest
reliefs for me was not having to worry about recruiting every week.
Possible ideas:

- Scrap the phone call system all together and instead assign tasks to your Recruiting coordinator and staff
Ex: Rec.Coordinator- Scout the Nation's Top Duel Threat QB's... He then reports back with their interest
in your school, as well as a general rundown of their skill-sets

For Future NCAA Games:
-Interactive Junior Days, QB camps and Coaches Clinics allowing you to actually
play small mini-games with the recruits to test their skills... this gives you first hand experience with what
each recruit can do, as well as giving you a leg up in the race for their commitment

-Pipeline High-Schools and Junior-Colleges: Building relationships with coaches at other levels can pay big
dividends down the road

-NFL connections i.e. former players that went pro helping recruit for you

I believe that a new way of recruiting is one of their big changes to dynasty this year. I think we'll find out what is it on like may 7th or something

also I think making recruiting less tedious isn't a good thing because it would be even more boring and less of a challenge than it already is. if anything they need to make it more in depth because college football revolves around the ability to recruit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2012 13:22:04

BoiseSt39 wrote:Use the D-pad to move your player, press A to try spin and B to juke! Lead Joe Thiesman to a Techmo Bowl Championship!

[Avatar]

Awesome. I'm excited to see what exactly they have done with recruiting this year. And it is definitely possible to add depth to recruiting while tossing some of the tedious elements such as waiting for a random pitch to pop up over and over and over. I think implementing some of the recruiting ideas from NCAA Basketball 2010 would make recruiting more interesting

[Avatar]

BioHusker86 wrote:Awesome. I'm excited to see what exactly they have done with recruiting this year. And it is definitely possible to add depth to recruiting while tossing some of the tedious elements such as waiting for a random pitch to pop up over and over and over. I think implementing some of the recruiting ideas from NCAA Basketball 2010 would make recruiting more interesting

you know that you can fast forward that by pressing A on 360, X for ps3?

[Avatar]

baseballmvp2pt0 wrote:
BioHusker86 wrote:Awesome. I'm excited to see what exactly they have done with recruiting this year. And it is definitely possible to add depth to recruiting while tossing some of the tedious elements such as waiting for a random pitch to pop up over and over and over. I think implementing some of the recruiting ideas from NCAA Basketball 2010 would make recruiting more interesting

you know that you can fast forward that by pressing A on 360, X for ps3?

also you can let cpu do the recruiting for you or do the quick calls... people complain about it being too tedious but there's ways around that

[Avatar]

Some good stuff in this thread.

Something I would enjoy quite a bit is the ability for 2 or better yet 3 users to coach on the same team. One be the head coach, in charge of recruiting, one the o-coord and in charge of calling offensive plays, and the other d-coord calling the defensive plays. We used to do this in college on one console and those were my favorite dynasties. Now I'm old and we've moved away from each other. Would be sweet to rekindle that. I'm not sure, but i would think it wouldn't take too much effort to put this feature in.

[Avatar]

coowidit02 wrote:- recruiting should be more of a mystery when you don't know that you're the #1 or #2 team for a prospect, but you only know if you made the cut for their top 8 or top 3 that would make recruiting more exciting because you wouldn't know if you should stop recruiting a player or not if you aren't #1 on their list

yes and no. i'd like to see the points removed, saying how far in front/behind you are...but i'd like to keep the interest meter. some recruits will say that a certain school is way out in front of the others. yet other recruits wont know who they're signing with until a few hours before they commit. personally, i'd like to know where i stand with a recruit, as they will list their top 5 in order at times.

coowidit02 wrote:- for progression they should add a new attribute for ability to be coached which you wouldn't be able to see until a prospect has committed to your team and a players progression should be determined by this new attribute, their on field play (stats), and a coaches teaching ability which also should be an addition to coaches

there's already a hidden potential rating for every recruit. i agree though, that coaches and coordinators need to have more of an impact on the game.

coowidit02 wrote:- there should be progression after the spring game, right before the season starts which would be fall camp, and also maybe 3 times throughout the season like week 4 week 8 week 12... with the progression you should also be able to see players regress as well

the problem with more progression in the game, is you'd have to lower the overall rating across the board for every player (which i want anyways). otherwise, you're gonna have loads of players being 99 ovr's, 95+ ovr's, 90+ ovr's. and you wouldnt really be able to tell who the elite players are from the great players from the average.

coowidit02 wrote:- recruits that commit during the season should have the option to enter school in the spring so they can participate in spring games which in turn would allow them to have a chance to increase their ratings before the season starts during offseason progression

not have the option to enter early...they should be labeled as an early enroller and count against your last year's recruiting #'s. if you maxed out at 25, however, that early enroller could still enroll early, he would just count as part of the current year's total. personally, i dont think the spring game should be in, by itself, as it doesnt bring anything to the table. if they added spring camps, then the spring game should be added, but it goes back to having to lower every player's ratings with the increased progression built in, UNLESS, they removed the "offseason training" stage, and made that the spring camp/game. personally, i would skip over that, unless the user was given some control over how the team progressed.

coowidit02 wrote:- promises need to have more of an impact on players because they really don't have much of an impact at all also they don't make sense the way the points are awarded... if early playing time is most important for a player than promising them they'll make the freshman all american team or solid playing time first year on campus should have a huge impact and promising them a game in their home town should have less of an impact on the player it just doesn't make sense and it's pretty random

its probably on the list of things they'd like to get to tweaking(promises associated with the recruit's interests), but its probably not that high on the priority list for ea.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/2012 09:51:16

These are all good ideas to improve dynasty for sure!

After spending "skyrim" amount of time playing In-Game Dynasty and Online Dynasty I've kept track of some things that would be awesome if added, and that SHOULD be added/improved upon. I'll mention things NOT previously listed in the prior replies to this thread:

1.) Better week to week progression online. Getting a notice saying you are 105th in line to advance was BRUTAL and takes away from the amount of progression you can really do online with your friends. My friends and I like playing our games, and not using super sim online, and we try to squeeze a game in here and there, but having to wait 35 minutes to advance to the next week when we are all online together takes away from the excitement of the season. I wish that could be improved.

2.) Being able to be Offensive and Defensive Coordinators of the SAME team when working up the ladder would also be pretty awesome!!! It would put more pressure on the other, and increase the chances of getting to rub your new head coaching offer in your friends face while they are stuck behind.

3.) The coaching offer carousel should be improved too. I remember a 6 year stretch with online dynasty where I had #1 defense in nation, passed all of my contract goals, won conference championships with my team, A+ prestige, and I would never get a solid coaching offer, yet my buddy who lost 3 games and failed 3 of his goals from an equally crappy school got a head coaching offer from Texas the next year. It was so backwards and seemed flawed.

4.) Created players for Online Dynasty during "pre-season" week where schedules can be made. It would be pretty awesome to get a chance to create players for your recruiting pools, but harder to recruit them to your university compared to in-game dynasty.

***5.) MORE RECORDS and STATISTICS!!! We are in a generation where everyone obsesses over trying to spit out sport stats like they are a live streaming ESPN database. Everyone these days is always trying to "1-up" each other with statistics! Look at the Fantasy Football craze!!! My dad has been playing Fantasy football since 70's, and I joined in the early 90's (even had the board game). NOBODY knew what it was. Fantasy sports thrive on stats in sports! Sports nuts have pages of excel sheets with RE-DUNKULOUS statistics for broadcasters to spit out during games between plays. The school and NCAA records for games/seasons/careers are awesome, but EA should definitely expand on them! Getting to see the # of games in a row you threw TD passes, a player has had interceptions, or the current team and player stats being compared to NCAA or Team records with in-game pop-ups like they do with ESPN broadcasting. Hell, being told you've done something in-game that NO SCHOOL has EVER DONE in the history of NCAA before would be awesome! I saw little things like this occasionally happen in Madden during pre-game warm-ups. People say "the little/simple things in life that make the world go round"; .... SOOOO TRUE!!! The "LITTLE" and rare records and stats make things in a game much better! Adding these to In-Game and Online-Dynasty would be so SICK!!!!!! and my #1 wish for NCAA Football!!!! Being able to see your current season or players stats pop up in relation to the other users in your online dynasty would add to the competition. Having commentary mention "they are the #3 pass defense in the Nation" makes it feel like your gameplay means something beyond WIN-LOSS records, National Champ Titles, and Heisman Trophy winners. I remember in OLD EA football games back on PS2 an XBOX there were PAGES of statistics listed for each USER profile that had personal records vs users, vs CPU, in bowl games, in rivalry games, and even "worst performance" records. This would be so great to have come back to the game, but with even more specifics, including BIGGEST point deficit overcome, or biggest lead blown. The ESPN Instant Classics is SO awesome and one of the best simple features in a game ever. You can always go back and show friends or flashback to games you forgot about after not playing NCAA for 3 months. With technology and software the way it is today it should be so EASY to add this to the game, and probably even show charts/graphs explaining these stats so you can see progression through the life of the game, or through your career as a coach in Dynasty. Look at Tebow, he has HORRIBLE #'s in the NFL compared to other QB's, but he has that "game changer" ability that is completely unexplainable. He like makes things happen, like many other playmakers you see do. In NCAA it is more apparent and those kinds of players stand out! ...... Take what NBA 2K11/12 have done with their stat/record data collecting in game and expand on it. NCAA FOOTBALL 13 would be UNTOUCHABLE for years to come if they made this ONE improvement/addition to the game!

6.) Dynamic weather where thunderstorms with CRAZY wind/lightening/thunder can come out of nowhere so a game is "delayed", changing ALL in-game momentum!!! .... Heavy rain feels like HEAVY RAIN and is different from a thunderstorm, light right. Rain can come and go, humidity can rise, so players may suffer in performance if they have low conditition/endurance levels...... or if they are a team from way north playing in the Florida or Texas heat. It would be cool if that could have a small impact where you see more "cramps" occurring and 4th quarter performance declines.

That's all! I apologize for such a long post, but if 1 of these would ever be considered PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it #5 about adding an EPIC amount of stat collecting/recording and including new records to break......and some how incorporating that into the in-game commentary.......and BRING BACK CORSO!!!! hahahahaha!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/17/2012 10:21:31

NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion
Go to: