[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Better driver?  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > General Discussion

I currently have the i15 ping and looking to upgrade to a better driver what is better EA classic or Taylor made?

Unless you're proficient using true swing, stay away from the classic anything. Go with the Taylormade R9 driver, woods, irons, wedges, and I use the Ping iWi Anser putter, with the Nuke 2 ball. The most forgiving driving other than the free EA Default driver, is the Taylormade R9. That's what most everyone uses.

Gary_A_D wrote:Unless you're proficient using true swing, stay away from the classic anything. Go with the Taylormade R9 driver, woods, irons, wedges, and I use the Ping iWi Anser putter, with the Nuke 2 ball. The most forgiving driving other than the free EA Default driver, is the Taylormade R9. That's what most everyone uses.
'

is true swing the one where you have to move the mouse back and forth to swing? and the ping dirver has the same forgiveness as the classic

yes the mouse is the true swing way.If you can do it then classic driver is best if not then I agree with Gary about the Taylormade R9's.Most long drive records are done using classic driver.But due to poor forgiveness the classics are not good for 3 click(unless you have cat like reflexes).

Anjoti wrote:yes the mouse is the true swing way.If you can do it then classic driver is best if not then I agree with Gary about the Taylormade R9's.Most long drive records are done using classic driver.But due to poor forgiveness the classics are not good for 3 click(unless you have cat like reflexes).

the driver I have has poor forgiveness but I manage I just need one thats great on everything I saw taylor made has poor prescission

[Avatar]

If you are a 3 clicker, then the TaylorMade sets will do you just fine. I would not worry about the classic set, unless you are also happy with your shot ending up left/right of the target.

True Swingers do however win with their drives though.

The Classic driver advantage is no more than 10-15yds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 13:11:59

Chris
[WWW]

Like I said, I use the Taylormade driver, woods, irons, wedges, and the Ping iWi Anser putter, and the Nuke 2 ball, and do just fine. I'm a 3 clicker. Have tried true swing, but can't stand it. I have the Classic from a long time ago, and I regretted buying it then, and wish I could sell it back to EA. It's totally worthless to me. I have a small arsenal of drivers, and the only one I now use is the Taylormade. I tried the others after EA changed the forgiveness on all the clubs, and none compare to the accuracy I get from the Taylormade. It's your choice, and your money. You asked, and I suggested. If EA would allow it, i'd sell you the Classic driver at half of what I paid for it, for an exchange of points.

Gary_A_D wrote:Like I said, I use the Taylormade driver, woods, irons, wedges, and the Ping iWi Anser putter, and the Nuke 2 ball, and do just fine. I'm a 3 clicker. Have tried true swing, but can't stand it. I have the Classic from a long time ago, and I regretted buying it then, and wish I could sell it back to EA. It's totally worthless to me. I have a small arsenal of drivers, and the only one I now use is the Taylormade. I tried the others after EA changed the forgiveness on all the clubs, and none compare to the accuracy I get from the Taylormade. It's your choice, and your money. You asked, and I suggested. If EA would allow it, i'd sell you the Classic driver at half of what I paid for it, for an exchange of points.

Hmm I saw the taylor made gives me one less prescission than the ping? and I bought the taylor made with nuke ball and it seems to be good for distances but the nuke on puts sometimes hops the hole

[Avatar]

You could try a Nike ball - that will only lose you 1yd on the drive, but I found putting with either ok.

Chris
[WWW]

Basherz wrote:You could try a Nike ball - that will only lose you 1yd on the drive, but I found putting with either ok.

I used the callaway 6 all one

vUlTuRe21 wrote:
Basherz wrote:You could try a Nike ball - that will only lose you 1yd on the drive, but I found putting with either ok.

the taylor penta ball is rated 8 for power and 8 for spin. a couple yards less than the nuke / a couple more than the callaway
but overall a well balanced ball.

as for the clubs, I agree with Gary. if you true swing, get the classics, if you 3 click get the taylors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/15/2012 01:20:41

danmilz1 wrote:
vUlTuRe21 wrote:

the taylor penta ball is rated 8 for power and 8 for spin. a couple yards less than the nuke / a couple more than the callaway
but overall a well balanced ball.

as for the clubs, I agree with Gary. if you true swing, get the classics, if you 3 click get the taylors.

I have been using the taylormade most of yesterday amazing driver looking to update my 3 wood to a taylor made i have the terrible taylor made with very low forgiveness but I think I am going to keep my victory irons and wedges perfect 6 on both and I like the green reading on the odyssey putter

[Avatar]

It's not precision but forgiveness that you need, The bigger the forgiveness the easier it is to hit the club perfectly using 3 click. Less forgiveness means more miss hits even if the club has great precision. You only get precision on perfect hits. If you have perfect reflexes go for precision but if not go for forgiveness.

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit, 2 Cards SLI NVidia GeForce GTS450, Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz, 6.0 GB Ram

Considering I get lag on this game, i'm older and my reflexes aren't as good, i'll take forgiveness over precision any day. I have that black putter too, but after several attempts at using it, will stick with my Ping iWi.

Gary_A_D wrote:Considering I get lag on this game, i'm older and my reflexes aren't as good, i'll take forgiveness over precision any day. I have that black putter too, but after several attempts at using it, will stick with my Ping iWi.

I don't know why putters with more putt previews cost more than a one with alot of green reading I find green reading more important than putt previews
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > General Discussion
Go to: