[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Something that 2K Sports offers that Madden should.  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

In playing the last few editions of Madden I have had to vigorously search online forums to learn how to perform special moves with certain players. One move was the spectacular catch animation with wide receivers and another was basic rip and power moves with defensive linemen. The information on defensive line moves has been incredibly scarce. I also had to search forums just to find out if the hit stick was still in the game. My question is this: If 2K Sports can give me detailed tutorials on how to perform multiple special moves in NBA 2K, then why does EA not at least list these movies in the manual for Madden? Sometimes they will flash the info on the screen while a game is loading (in offline franchise) but it's never there for more than a second or two and I only catch a glimpse of it. I always find out how to do special "hidden" moves from videos on Youtube that are usually posted by the makers of strategy guides or I get luck and discover them myself. So basically EA has decided to "lease" what should be common information available to the consumer to outside companies?

[Avatar]

xaces329 wrote:In playing the last few editions of Madden I have had to vigorously search online forums to learn how to perform special moves with certain players. One move was the spectacular catch animation with wide receivers and another was basic rip and power moves with defensive linemen. The information on defensive line moves has been incredibly scarce. I also had to search forums just to find out if the hit stick was still in the game. My question is this: If 2K Sports can give me detailed tutorials on how to perform multiple special moves in NBA 2K, then why does EA not at least list these movies in the manual for Madden? Sometimes they will flash the info on the screen while a game is loading (in offline franchise) but it's never there for more than a second or two and I only catch a glimpse of it. I always find out how to do special "hidden" moves from videos on Youtube that are usually posted by the makers of strategy guides or I get luck and discover them myself. So basically EA has decided to "lease" what should be common information available to the consumer to outside companies?
This has always made me wonder" is this a way to sell those prima guides".Then again I could be wrong though,but this does smell fishy.Dont expect to see this thread around long though bro.Non the less, what you have posted really dose make you wonder;"is it all about the money with ea "?

[Avatar]

MegaFootball666 wrote:
xaces329 wrote:In playing the last few editions of Madden I have had to vigorously search online forums to learn how to perform special moves with certain players. One move was the spectacular catch animation with wide receivers and another was basic rip and power moves with defensive linemen. The information on defensive line moves has been incredibly scarce. I also had to search forums just to find out if the hit stick was still in the game. My question is this: If 2K Sports can give me detailed tutorials on how to perform multiple special moves in NBA 2K, then why does EA not at least list these movies in the manual for Madden? Sometimes they will flash the info on the screen while a game is loading (in offline franchise) but it's never there for more than a second or two and I only catch a glimpse of it. I always find out how to do special "hidden" moves from videos on Youtube that are usually posted by the makers of strategy guides or I get luck and discover them myself. So basically EA has decided to "lease" what should be common information available to the consumer to outside companies?
This has always made me wonder" is this a way to sell those prima guides".Then again I could be wrong though,but this does smell fishy.Dont expect to see this thread around long though bro.Non the less, what you have posted really dose make you wonder;"is it all about the money with ea "?

This post shouldn't get deleted. Bringing up an Idea that 2k has isn't bad at all especially if it leads to a progressive discussion.

A basketball game has various moves/shot types that far exceed the general control layout of a Madden game so having an in-game training mode for NBA makes sense. I too am all for Madden including tutorials in their games and im not alone when it comes to that topic.

The Prima Guides goes into detail on giving you schemed techniques to make your offense/defense more successful where as the 2k Guide is to get you to better understand the controls of the game.

You can view the manual and learn the controls of Madden through the in game manual. The Prima Guide is to learn other techniques/schemes and gives you a more in-depth look at each team in order for you to better your game. Knowing the guys who write the guide (ZFarls and Sgibs from MaddenBible.com) and having met them before at EA Community Events they have an oustanding knowledge of the game and know what it takes to compete with some of the best player in Madden.

Anyways, going back to the original topic having in game tutorials to gain a general knowledge of Madden would be a great idea. Just today I was playing Madden 12 with my old boss (He's 51, but a gamer at heart) and didnt really understand the hot routes, formation subs, etc so i had to go through it with him. If Madden included in-game video tutorials players like him would be better able to understand the game and help others who are either knew to the game or those who want to become a more "advanced" player.

Apply to Become an EA SPORTS Game Changer here: http://bit.ly/bdfJEB
[Email]

[Avatar]

Seriously agree with you dude. Was playing 2k basketball yesterday and the noticed the move list is very deep. No reason I should not be able to jump when I want to jump or do a spectacular or one handed catch if I want in Madden. We should have total control. I think this would make Madden better.

And yes, the fact that you cannot find the OL or DL move list in the game is utterly ridiculous. They really need to bring back the training mode they used to have as it helped a lot.

Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: