[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin says I am offline but I can access the internet perfectly fine.  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

For the past few days now Origin will think that I am not connected to the internet, yet I can do everything I normally do online (ventrilo, steam, several MMOs including SWTOR). When I try to connect I get this error:
"You are currently offline.
You are no longer connected to the Internet. Please check your connection and restart Origin to use online features."

Sometimes a simple reboot will fix it. Other times I use the following commands at a cmd prompt:
NETSH
INT
IP
RESET
^C
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

After a reboot this will sometimes fix the problem and other times I go through this process several times to get Origin to work.

I'm really not sure what is causing this.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Ifandbut00,

Sometimes 'request timeout' might cause this issue. Maybe your network to the Origin server is not stable sometimes. When you meet this issue again, try to access the following link in browser: https://loginregistration.dm.origin.com/loginregistration/authenticate . If the result is :

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /loginregistration/authenticate

That means your connection is good to the server. If not, your ISP might have some problem.

BTW, if you are using any VPN, try to disable it and connect to the internet directly.

Thanks

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Thank you for the quick response.
I accessed that site and got the 404 error as I was supposed to get.

I restarted Origin. It asked me for my password once, then came up in offline mode. I clicked the Go Online button and had to enter my password again. I then got the same error saying that am not connected to Origin.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Ifandbut00,

Can you give some logs when this happened?

Do the following steps to get clearer logs:
1. Close Origin, make sure no 'Origin.exe' process in task manager
2. Delete C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\Client_Log.html(The folder and file are hidden, you may need to show hidden files)
3. Reproduce the issue and check the C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\Client_Log.html file to see if there's any error occurs

Thanks
[WWW]

I reproduced the problem and uploaded the log file to my Dropbox.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30067887/Client_Log.html

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Ifandbut00,
I have see the log and find your account or password maybe is wrong, It is the best way to visit help.origin.com. A live advisor will assist you to solve your problem.
If you still have the issue, please post back.
[WWW]

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I have a stable internet connection and can access the intenet. When I start Mass Effect and are asked to log in to Origin, this often fails. Origin will use "login offline" mode and as soon as that happens, there is no way I can get connected to Origin again without restarting my pc.
I tried:
- closing ME3 and Origin (checking for stil running related processes), and restarting Origin: it'll keep saying I don't have an internet connection
- Open Origin in offline mode and click "go online": it'll instantly tell me I have no internet connection, which of course I have.

Now since ME3 multiplayer isn't exactly bugfree either, maybe this has something to do with origin or the backend?

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Fhylliarid,

Do you meet the login issue all the time?

If you always meet this, please check the following things:
1. Read the FAQ below and make sure your system open for Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/connection-issues-with-origin
2. Check your system time, if the time is out of date, the issue would appear too.
3. Try to access the following link in browser: https://loginregistration.dm.origin.com/loginregistration/authenticate . And see what would you meet.
4. Redownload the latest Origin with the 'Alternate method': http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8275831.page

Or:
Please try to reboot your ADSL/router. If still have issue, please go to command prompt and type: "netsh winsock reset" then press enter, and restart PC.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2012 02:13:41

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Well, I have the same problem but I'm trying to play FIFA 12 on PC. My Internet is stable, I can connect to any site and even STEAM does work whereas Origin says Im offline. What is its problem???? I have tried all of your tips but non of them seems to be working. Maybe i should mention that im using Win 7 and i have router and a laptop but with XP. They both have internet, but on my PC with Win 7 I have this message on my internet icon on the taskbar. There is a warning sign in yellow and it says "No Internet Access" (in translation from my native language) but this didn't cause me any problems before Origin. Sometimes, I dont know why, i get it, but when i don''t have it i dont have any problems connecting Origin.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ab22v,

Are you using any proxy or VPN in your Win7? Or do you have some antivirus software like AVG? I googled and find some other people met the same "No Internet Access" as you: http://windowsfixup.com/2009/08/windows-7-no-internet-access-with-yellow-warning-icon/

Check if it would help.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2012 07:56:06

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Im not using proxy, but im not sure what VPN means. Im using cable net with a router. At firts i didn't have router and i connected the cable directly to the computer. And i needed to sign up with username and password from my provider. Is this VPN? But now with the router i dont have to.
I tried to stop my shields on the Anti Virus (Avast!) and disable/enable the network adapter and it didnt work. But after maybe 5-10 minutes without me doing anythig, the yellow icon has gone and i finally connected to Origin.
I don't know. Maybe this problem is partly ours (users) fault and partly yours! Find a way to fix this problem! When i have this icon only Origin has problems, even Steam works, so there is something you can do. Im 100% sure in that.
Anyway, thanks for the attempts to help me, they didn't work, but I hope the info helps you to fix it!

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi ab22v,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
[WWW]

Thank you for your quick respons!

I do not have this problem all the time: it sems random. However, when I do experience it, I always check if other internet apps work and they do. I even started a continuous ping to some site which did not show any dropped packets, when I still got the origins message that I am not connected.

Furthermore, after I made sure there is an actual internet connection available, restarting origin or clicking "go online" still fails. When that happens, I have to reboot for it to work again.

<edit>
It seems I have a bug on my pc: sometimes Windows 7 will say I have no internet connection (networking icon with yellow triangle in it), but I actually do have a proper connection. This may be because of the running virusscanner.
Could it be that the Origin client only looks to whether or not Windows thinks it has an internet connection? And will Origin assume there isn't one when Windows says so? If so, this may explain it. If not: if Origin ignores the Windows status and just tries to connect, than something else is wrong.

I'll keep you updated on any news though.
</edit>
Greets and thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/2012 01:02:54

Update:

I disabled active connection checking in the Windows Registry. See
http://blog.superuser.com/2011/05/16/windows-7-network-awareness/
for a complete explanation.
When Windows can't connect to a certain site (see above link), it will report that there is a problem with your internet connection, even when there's not. Appearantly, this is a known bug which occurs sometimes.
When you disable this method of checking your internet connection, Windows will always assume it HAS an active internet connection. Since I set it up this way, I didn't have any problems connecting to Origin anymore.

This does mean however that Oriring will not try to connect to it's server(s) the moment Windows (falsely) reports a problem with internet. Maybe the Origin client can be changed so that it ignores the Windows message and just tries to connect.

Greets!

I did every single tips in this page, yet i get that weird error! If i don't have a connection then how i'm posting this?!!

Sombody gotta tell that to origin creator!! it was working fine with same situations 2 days ago, but now it keep telling me that i don't have a connection n goes to offline mode!

plzzz sombody tell me what to do
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: