[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 13 Game Face Upload Information  XML
EA SPORTS Game Face  > Game Face Help and FAQ

[Avatar]

To anyone this might help,

I just got off the phone with perhaps the most informative and helpful support representative I think I have ever encountered with any corporation, guy by the name of Michael over at the EASports support call center.

What I was told is that those of us using the EA Sports Web based client for Game Face have a waiting period before we can load it into the Game Console. (PS3 here) I was informed that it is 30-45 days before EA allows the UGC Game Face to be loaded to the new title TigerWoods13, which I suppose makes sense seeing as how we are still unable to even register the game on EASports.com as of today.

He said he would give a call back next Wednesday, the 25th with an update on EA's progress with getting Game Face downloads ready for TigerWoods13 and of course apologized for the confusion it may have caused. (which was a lot)

Here is where the title of this post comes in, EA if this is truly the case here, why wouldn't you as a company simply inform us the consumers that there will be a waiting period before said service is operational? It could have saved me roughly 17 hours of trouble shooting and looking to resolve something that clearly isn't even a real problem, at least on the customer end of the equation.

To be clear, I have no issue with the waiting period itself, if it is truly the best way to possibly cause the least amount of problems with a newly released game. I have issue with EA for not informing us the consumers in any way shape or form that there even is a waiting period for such a service.

I am not alone here, there are numerous posts throughout these forums regarding the exact same "Issue" that apparently isn't an "Issue" at all.

Just be upfront EA, the vast majority of us consumers return truthfulness in a corporation with loyalty to said corporation.

Have a little faith in humanity that we would purchase the game anyway, then patiently wait for it's full functionality.

I hope this post helps someone who was chasing their own tail as I was, it just flat out doesn't work yet, you aren't doing anything wrong, nor are you an idiot for not being able to figure how to make it work. It very simply just isn't operational as of today.

Best Regards,

Benjamin (DHforHOF)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/23/2012 14:48:15

Thanks, Benjamin. I was getting frustrated myself. I was trying to figure out why I couldn't find my "UGC Game Face" from my PS3. I was able to generate a "photo face" golfer on my PS3 from my mug shots I had on the EA web site, but it had no resemblance to the UGC Game Face and had to be exiled to the Hades Country Club to be never seen again. Your posting also explained why I could "register" my earlier versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, but could not register TWTG13.

Another mystery: I have not found an answer to why, when I finally earned enough coins to download (free) the San Antonio TPC course so that I could "Play-with-the-Pros" online this weekend, all I got was my golfer on the scoreboard. So where were the Pros with their real-time scores (like TW12)? Trip Hawkins where art thou? Please come back.

Larry

Larry
Console: PS3
[Email]

Developer
[Avatar]

Hi all,

Just to clear up the confusion, i would like to confirm that Tiger Woods 13 is not compatible with Game Face, your EA SPORTS 3D avatar. Instead, the game uses the previous generation of the technology, called "Photo Face", available under the EXTENSIONS tab of your player hub profile page on http://easports.com.

Games that are compatible with EA SPORTS Game Face 3D Avatar so far are:
* FIFA 10, 11, 12
* Tiger Woods Online and Tiger Woods 12 PC The Masters
* Grand Slam Tennis 2

Hope that helps!

Best,
[WWW]

[Avatar]

EA_LoicArgelies,

I would just like to say, that while I'm appreciative of the information & we can all stop wasting our time on this issue.

How the bleep is FIFA 10, 11 & 12 compatible with Game Face Technology and Tiger Woods "13" is not?

Personally, I'm quite pissed off because everything I had read informed me to the opposite. Not all, but part of the reason for the purchase in the 1st place. I also can't understand how if the program as a whole is not compatible with the game in the 1st place, why absolutely no one within the company knew that from the get go and we all had to spend hours wasting time trouble shooting errors that weren't errors at all TW13 & EA were just cheap as usual and handed off a product that wasn't nearly what it claimed to be.

Nothing pisses people off like false advertising or skimping when you're capable of offering a better product than what you produce. The game was over $60 freaking dollars & is packed with more DLC than any game on the market today (Sports or otherwise) and EA still saw a need to be cheap about the final products production.

I don't have appropriate words for how that makes me as a customer feel about the company.

It's just plain F***ed up.

Again, Thank you for the info & I realize this has nothing to do with you personally, but it's still BS.

Best Regards,

Benjamin (DHforHOF)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/01/2012 10:01:21

Benjamin, I feel your frustration and anger. I was pleasantly surprised how well my Game Face creation came out and was planning to use it. I was ready to boast to friends and family how great TWTG13 is and that they too can BUY TWTG13, create their own Game Face and play matches on line. So much for selling more copies of TWTG13. It's still a great game, but I, too, am very disappointed that it is not compatible with Game Face.

Though this is unrelated to Game Face, I was particularly teed-off (pun intended) just today when with two holes left to play on Pebble Beach, and having a spectacular round at Tournament play level, the game froze and all was lost. It wasn't the first time a round has been lost and I'm sure it won't be the last. On the bright side, it doesn't happen often.

Finally, I'd still like to know what's the deal with online "Play-with-the-Pros" when there are no Pros on the scoreboard with you. How is that "Play-with-the Pros"?

Larry
Console: PS3
[Email]

I totally agree with you guys.
I spent a total of 3 nights speaking with 3 different technical support people who had no idea what I was talking about. I too have been looking to download my photo game face via my PS3 console and apparently, I have been wasting precious time!

I do not get why EA makies this photo face generator available for other games and not TW2013 which is new on the market. I too bought the game and so far, it's disapointment after disapointment.

Game is not as well made as some previous versions and photo game face is not available?!?!?!
What the hell .... so this means that I can't create a player online to then represent me in my PS3 game?!?!?
Makes no sense.

I have to say, been a fan of EA games thus far and not enjoying this version of 2013 and it's problems ... and I haven't even started to play the game yet ... been wasting 3 entire nights trying to figure out this photo game face crap!

Anyone from EA gonna do something about this?!?
Anyone going to ensure this photo game face will be accessible to us costumers who bought the game and don't have all of it's attributes?!? As a paying customer, I intend to have everything working as it should be.

I surely hope that the next versions of TW will be way better, if I ever buy it again!

Total disapointment!

Just purchased TW13. So, I went to all the trouble to create my own personal game face for this game I now I am unable to use it on the game?!?!?!? Why does it allow me to create this face on EAsports with no message letting me know it does not work with TW13?

Crap. I just bought Tiger Woods 13, brought it home excited about Game Face that doesn't work on TW2008 (Servers are no longer available, I was told), only to get stuck AGAIN! Why in the world would Game Face work with previous versions but not TW 13???? I'm cheesed... this is why I bought it!!!

2 days wasted. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO ANY FURTHER you will just waste time. I hate you EA Sports. How do you drop the ball on this one. It's like buying a car that says it has an XM radio in it just to open the door and see a tape deck. We should all demand a refund or a recall or what ever. I wish there was a place where I could walk into and actually yell at someone. Reading everyone elses yap, I'm not even going to bother to pick up a phone... I hate you EA Sports. Please someone else buy the rights to major league franchises.......!!!!! YOU MONOPOLY MOTHER F@#@ERS!!!!

All.

Is this the case for TW 2013 Masters Edition as I get this message:

You have not uploaded any photos to the EA Servers. You may upload your photos on the web and then access them via this feature in the game. To upload your photos, please visit the following website: easports.com

Why I can I see and post my gameface on FaceBook yet not use it within TW 2013 ME?
EA SPORTS Game Face  > Game Face Help and FAQ
Go to: