[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Things that should be put into Ncaa 13 to improve it and make it cool  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion

[b]The defensive line play could be improved. On Ncaa football 12 the d-lineman gets thrown to the ground every time an defensive move is attempted. I'm not saying make every d-line man dominate because ncaa 12 d-line play had a tendency to let average d-lineman play like julius peppers and suh without even doing a move. The play of the db's could use some tuning it shouldn't be any easier to play offense than playing D. I always see recievers getting open on the same kind of route and the db's or linebackers sits and lets it keep happening. It always makes me upset how the game lets the reciever jump so high and catch balls while the defenders only jump 2 inches off the ground, it doesn't give a fair chance to the defender to swat or intercept a pass. The reaction time of the defense needs to be improved when the QB is scrambling. I can't stand how the defense sit and lets the QB run 15t yards before attempting to chase them. On the offensive side runningbacks or QBs shouldn't break so many takles if they're not powerful runners. It's OK if an back or QB breaks a couple or make guys miss. I think the juke and stiff arm use could be improved. I think people should be allowed to set up ways to shake defenders and make them fall. For instance if I am running an running back screen, as I catch it and turn up field if my opponent is coming full speed at me from the side I should be able to juke back and watch him run past me. It makes it really to cool to see a shifty player break someones ankles. Player awareness should matter. I get tired of getting done up by a player with an awareness rating of 48. There should be a team and player swagger rating put into the game.

Gear:

Back plates should be able to be seen and move around as a player moves or runs.

Mouth pieces should be able to be seen. Lke the one that goes around a players mouth. We should be able to see players stick mouthpieces on the side of their helmets. I know some say this is uneccesary but it would be cool to see different things.

Celebrations: I think a couple of celebrations should be added. Like the one where players use their hands to act like their eating but implying that they are eating up their opponents.

When the defens gets an interception during the return we should be allowed to do the deion sanders high step and his dance.

These are some ideas I've thought of and hope are looked at and put into the game.

I Love NCAA!

[Avatar]

here's the gameplay podcast showing which new gameplay items made it into ncaa 13. a lot of the stuff you want is touched on in there.

http://bit.ly/HQqoRd

as for back plates- technically its against ncaa rules for them to be hanging out of the jersey. all pads are supposed to be hidden under the uniform.....its a rule thats not heavily enforced, but its still a rule that exists (that pads arent supposed to be seen).

celebrations were in previous editions of ncaa football, but were removed by the ncaa's request; which means they wont be making a return to the video game, unless the ncaa says its ok.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/23/2012 22:00:19

Another thing I've just realized. Weight should really matter in the game because anybody can break or big hit anyone in Ncaa 12. I get really tired of getting leveled and fumbling from a hit by a way smaller player. Same on offense a small running back trucking a big lineman or linebacker not saying all small players aren't strong and all big players are the strongest but just make weight and strength matter. There shouldn't be players with a 39 strength rating big hitting players every time unless you hit the player while they aren't looking or just catching the ball. Same on offense a running back with a strength rating of 47 shouldn't break tackles every play. I can understand that a player may be elusive but that's why I think the juke should be more effective if the a player sets up a way to juke out someone.Im not saying that the players with a low strength rating can't break any straight on or direct tackles but they shouldn't break so many like they did on NCAA 12. Quick Pep talks on the side line when a time out is called and we should be able to decide what our team eeds to do better.

Celebrations: I now understand that many celebrations can't be put on the game due to rules but the one where players throw up their gloves with their team logos in them should be added after scoring touchdowns. Not only after scoring touchdowns but after getting sacks, interceptions, big hits and tackles for losses.

There should be teams and players getting into scuffles after plays sometimes and the refs break them up to as the game gets intense or if a team is getting blowed out, tempers should flare like in real life.

[Avatar]

i agree that momentum should play a larger part in the game and according to the community day guys, its not quite to the point that it was in ncaa11, but its way better than 12. also, when i brought up the weight issue to them and the fact that weight doesnt matter at all, the responce i got was that ratings are going to override characteristics.

strength isnt the deciding factor in whether or not a rb breaks a tackle. thats why there are elusiveness and break tackle ratings.

since team equipment received hardly any upgrades to it, it'd be pointless to add the celebrations showing off the team specific gloves, since they're not in the game.

mild skirmishes and player fights will never be put into the game. that should be common sense for anyone as the ncaa has a say into what goes into the game and what wont, and its guaranteed that they wouldnt allow fights.

NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series General Discussion
Go to: