[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Losing connection on Online Versus  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback

I've been having this problem for the past 2 months or so (started happening randomly) where I'll try to play a versus game and lose my connection to my opponent. What happens is, we pick our teams, pick our line-ups/strategies, and then during the loading screen right after it shows the "starting goalies" and whatnot, I'll get the "Please Wait" prompt in the top left corner and then as soon as the game starts up I get disconnected with the prompt, "You have lost your connection to the other player(s)."

Can anyone help me with this? I'm on the Xbox 360 and I've been playing this game since September. This started happening around late February.

It should be noted that OTP/Club games work fine.

This community is what is wrong with the game. Truth.

Can someone from EA please help me with this? I've contacted your help department 4 times and got hooked up with people in India who couldn't even type proper English. Not a racial thing, just the truth. I would like some help from an EA employee, please.

[Avatar]

Im sorry to say this but you wont get help in here. You believe me as i've tried it multiple times in the past 7 months. I've had this problem since the release date and i've not found a solution to this. I've contacted EA support on this matter and they told me to delete everything NHL related from my xbox and i did but it did not help at all. Instead i lost all boosts for my EASHL character that i unlocked in offline mode and my player card went from legend 3 to superstar 3 or was it veteran 3.

This still happens alot to me, perhaps 8 times out of 10 tries. Im not happy with the product at all as i am 100% sure it is NOT my connection.

One guy told me to create new account or GT but it did not help at all. Same old same old.

I have a friend who lives few kilometers away from me and he has played over 1300 VS games without getting the same message. We have same internet service provider, same speed connection etc.

I had cable guy from my ISP visit my house and he checked all the connections and equipment and everything was just fine.

I did bit of searching with google and it seems since 2009 random people have had problems with EA games, be it a NHL,fifa,madden or tiger woods. It just happens to some people for no reason it seems. I can allso play EASHL just fine but HUT and VS aint working that well.

If you can see Studleythedragon, he can see you. If you can't see Studleythedragon you may be only seconds away from being scored on. They once tried to make Studleythedragon toilet paper, but it wouldn't take s*** from anybody.

Community Manager

From the Dev Team:

I don’t know why it would suddenly start happening though.  Perhaps a roster update causes some new equipment/equipment combination to get loaded and the load isn’t handling it?  I’m not sure what the best way to track it down is other than seeing if the end-users can provide us with the teams they were using and any specifics that they are doing (eg. specific lineup changes, etc).

Any of that information would be greatly useful.

Thanks.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Last night i managed to play 4 games in a row, woohooo. record high. There were even american hosted game that actually worked.

I'll gather as much information as i can for what teams i use and what my opponent is using. Location of both players, who is hosting, i personally dont do any lineup changes.

What about created plays? i have tons of created plays could it mess up the loading process?

If you can see Studleythedragon, he can see you. If you can't see Studleythedragon you may be only seconds away from being scored on. They once tried to make Studleythedragon toilet paper, but it wouldn't take s*** from anybody.

[Avatar]

(finland) DET vs PIT (usa) connection lost
(sweden) WSH vs DET (finland) worked
(sweden) LA vs PIT (finland) connection lost
(finland) LA vs PIT (france) connection lost
(slovakia) NYR vs PIT (finland) worked
(finland) LA vs WSH (russia) connection lost
(usa) NYR vs LA (finland) worked
(russia) DET vs PIT (finland) connection lost
(czech republic) PHX vs LA (finland) worked

Seems so random to me. I was thinkin about deleting whole NHL 12 folder AGAIN from my harddrive once i get my A- back for my EASHL character to see if it helps.

[Avatar]

I deleted the whole NHL 12 folder from my xbox and alas i've been playing online versus 2 days in a row without "connection lost" message.

It seems to work, only downside is your eashl guy loses all the boosts untill you play eashl game and get the overall grade of A- back. My guy went from legend 3 to veteran 3 since my grades were low. I played few games and got the A- back and all the boosts got unlocked and i got the legend 3 back.

niksa83 wrote:I deleted the whole NHL 12 folder from my xbox and alas i've been playing online versus 2 days in a row without "connection lost" message.

It seems to work, only downside is your eashl guy loses all the boosts untill you play eashl game and get the overall grade of A- back. My guy went from legend 3 to veteran 3 since my grades were low. I played few games and got the A- back and all the boosts got unlocked and i got the legend 3 back.

So that is the only way to fix this problem? Deleting the NHL12 folder off your hard-drive? Does this affect offline game-mode saves like Be a GM and Playoff mode etc?

NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback
Go to: