[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Getting required components for Legendary Doomsword  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square

Hello,

I've had all the components for Legendary Doomsword at one time or another, but never all at the same time! In my current Ambition, I have a Level 10 Blacksmith, so she's ready to go.

Doomsword Book: I had it once in another ambition, many months ago. I know it comes from the Forest, and I believe on that occasion it came from an Adventurous character having an Adventure there. I've had no luck at all so far this ambiton.
Question: Do you get the Book ONLY from an Adventure random event (which requires an Adventurous Sim) or can the random event occur in any of the Forest actions (Patrol, Stroll, Hunt).

Doomsword Hilt, Blade: I had those in another Ambition as well. In my current Ambition, I've been trying it with my Level 10 King, whom I figured had the best chance of surviving the Pit Beast. However, he's jumped in the pit a half dozen times so far, with no luck. My King happens to be a carryover from an earlier ambition, where he was a Knight who won the hilt and blade.
Questions: Does a particular sim only allowed to gain the hilt and blade just once in his entire life, even if he's carried over to another Ambition? What factors improve the chances of getting the hilt/blad and surviving the pit? Does Level, Armor, and Weapon have any effect? Does high Focus and Feeding the Beast beforehand help?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/2012 18:41:37

Regards,
Stilicho

I don't know if a hero can only have one hilt/blade, but I do know that sometimes it takes *many* tries at the pit beast to get the parts. (You said you tried a half dozen times. It took my hero more than a dozen tries.) But it doesn't have to be the blacksmith who tries for the parts. Other heroes can get parts too, and then transfer to the blacksmith.

If you feed the beast first and have a higher level hero do the jumping, it seems like they survive fairly easily. Of course, it helps to save before each jump so that if they fail, you can exit without saving and try again. I suspect that high focus is a factor, but I try not to have my heroes have poor focus, even when they've maxed out the meter anyway. I would suspect, also, that having certain fatal flaws like puny would decrease survival.

As to the book, it can come from many places. My other heroes seem to pick it up accidently (most often from the fellow that tries to sell books that he's supposed to give to someone) and then you can move the book from their inventory to the blacksmith (or put it in his/her bookshelf. I always put a bookshelf in my blacksmith's cottage.)

Once you have all the parts, make sure that you have a good hammer, at least a steel one if not better. I made the mistake of not using a good hammer once and even with all the parts, a level 10 Blacksmith and really good focus, he just couldn't keep the quality up and ended up losing the whole thing. (You only get the one chance per ambition I've found.)

Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying with the Pit Beast, I've been alternating between my Level 10 King and Level 7 Spy, occasionally feeding them.

New question: I've noticed sometimes if the beast is well fed, there is no real fight when you jump in the pit, just happy sounds and hearts floating up. Has anyone received a Doomsword part in that situation, or does there have to be actual fighting?

Doomsword Book: By "many places", did you mean it can be found with a random event in the Village as well?

My plan once I get the book is to drop it directly into the Blacksmith's inventory (if the Blacksmith is not active for the current quest, that is.) I once had another character leave the book in a bookcase, and it was no longer there on the next quest when the Blacksmith went to pick it up!

Regards,
Stilicho

There doesn't have to be "fighting" for the piece to show up.

Yes, random Village events as well.

Yeah I have noticed the same thing when focus is too high and one is to friendly with the beast the fight option won't occur as often. In that case you could send another hero who you don't mind dying to see if they can get it if they die it will be in their inventory for their replacement. With the random events to get the book I have always gotten mine from trips into the Forrest or the village shop a dwarf type guy offering to sell books which I always buy.

I think your also right not to put that book in the bookshelf some times it can go missing as I have found some npc's stealing books Probably likely to happen if kingdom security is low so definitely the blacksmiths inventory is a safer option.

And I agree with kat you will need a good hammer if you want the sword to have legendary quality. I use the angels hammer which I think has the highest power that way less mistakes will be made and the quality won't drop I always make sure the blacksmiths focus is very high when they are constructing it. I always save the game just before I make the sword just I case some thing goes wrong.

Time is what we want most but use worst

Thanks again for the info, everyone!

I now have both the hilt and the blade. My level 10 Blacksmith also has an Angel's Hammer, power 10.

Now if I can only get that silly book, I'm ready to go. I've been sending sims to either the forest or the village every single day, often multiple times a day, but that dwarf book-seller still never shows up. Thanks for telling me that event can happen in either forest or village, village is usually a bit more convenient to go to.

I still have 22 QP's left in the current ambition, so I should get it, some way, some day.

Regards,
Stilicho

Don't forget to send your knight and monarch on patrol. I've seen the dwarf that way the most.

Thanks for the tip. In my current quest, I have my Monarch and Spy both patrolling via the forest and village every day, for several days. No dwarf yet.

Regards,
Stilicho

Boy, I'm starting to lose hope in getting the Doomsword book.

I've on my second quest since I last wrote.
I've had both the Monarch and the Spy do several actions in the woods every single day. Patrols, Hunt, Stroll, Adventure.
I've also had them do actions in the Village every day. Patrol and Shop at Village Market.

I've also been trying doing Stroll, Shop, and Adventure actions with the Wizard. I got an Arcane Edge that way, but no book.

In all, I've done dozens and dozens and dozens of actions. I've seen many many other random events many times. Not a single book-selling dwarf.

I'm beginning to wonder about two possibilities, both depressing.
- The book-selling dwarf does not shop up in the latest patch. (The time i got the book in another Ambition was a couple of patches ago.)
- The save game for my current Ambition is confused, and it thinks I already have the Doomsword book. I've noticed that since I applied the latest patch, the Tredony Fine Loaf and CraftHole Hunter's Stew are never available, even though their loyalty is fine. If I start a new game, they're available, so I figure my current Ambition is slightly screwed up from the current patch.

Has anyone else got the Doomsword book since the most recent patch?
Can only certain characters get the book? I think it was the Knight the last time, which I have not played in this Ambition for awhile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/2012 10:24:07

Regards,
Stilicho

Yes i have got it a few times since the last patch it does come up and it is random it is not something frequent. but i have noticed when my heros have the adventerous trait i am more likely to get something coming up then when i dont

Just keep trying it will come up eventually.

Yes any character can get the book.

I think i understand what you meant about the patch with regards to the recipes that happened to most of us at the time the patch came out last year there was a thread about it a while back a new game solved that problem.

Why not start a new game in a new ambition and see what happens

Maybe also clear out your cache files it might help

go to my documents/ electronic arts/sims medieval

and clear 3 files that have the words cache.package in them

i hope you get it soon

Time is what we want most but use worst

Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried clearing the cache, loading up my current Ambition, but it didn't help. I had my Monarch and Wizard do a few dozen more trips to the woods and village, but no dwarf.

I then tried a test start of a new Ambition. My Monarch there got the Doomsword book on the very. first. day.
She wasn't Adventurous, so that trait is not strictly necessary.

Anyway, I'm glad to see it's possible to get that book with the latest patch. I've now decided that my current Ambition must have a flag set that I already have the book. I'm suspect there is a similar flag for the Doomsword blade and hilt, I've never received more than one set of those.

So, of the 2 Ambitions I've seriously played so far, I had to give up on the Doomsword in both of them.
In the first Ambition, my Monarch got the book, and left it in a bookcase for the Blacksmith to pick up next quest. But, the book was gone by the next quest, so next time I'll just drop it on the Blacksmith so it's in their inventory immediately.
In the 2nd Ambition (this one) I applied a patch partway through, so that apparently set the book flag for this Ambition. (As well as disabling Tredony Fine Loaf and Crafthole Hunter's stew).
So, I'll just wait and try again on the 3rd Ambition.

Well, it looks like EA will not be providing any more patches for this game, so at least I won't have that problem again.

Regards,
Stilicho
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square
Go to: