[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
cant i race with other ppl, its just time trial :(  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Author Message




Joined: 04/15/2011 18:52:05
Messages: 41
Offline

cant i race with other ppl, its just time trial




Joined: 07/20/2011 09:00:47
Messages: 1264
Offline

I ate zombies wrote:cant i race with other ppl, its just time trial


not unless you have online and even then only if you time so u all race together...multiplayer of the game isn't so great and there isn't no splitscreen




Joined: 11/19/2011 08:48:52
Messages: 135
Offline

Another nail in the games coffin.
It is a shame all they can do is fire Batty, he deserves much more punishment than just that.
He single handedly destroyed a successful franchise, or dam near did.

I would press for a public snowballing of Batty, ice and rocks are ok in the snowballs.

Maybe we can dig something positive out of this, I was thinking a new slang word
for a really bad game......call it Batty! This game is Batty!

I hope this game is not as Batty as the last one.
I hope they don't do a Batty job with this game.




Joined: 07/20/2011 09:00:47
Messages: 1264
Offline

innzane wrote:Another nail in the games coffin.
It is a shame all they can do is fire Batty, he deserves much more punishment than just that.
He single handedly destroyed a successful franchise, or dam near did.

I would press for a public snowballing of Batty, ice and rocks are ok in the snowballs.

Maybe we can dig something positive out of this, I was thinking a new slang word
for a really bad game......call it Batty! This game is Batty!

I hope this game is not as Batty as the last one.
I hope they don't do a Batty job with this game.


you have no idea what u are talking about, Todd hated leaving it out as much as everyone else did but they had to decide from the begining (can't belive i'm explaining this for like the Zillionth time) that if they put more effort into multiplayer like splitscreen the graphics would never have been anywhere near as good nor would we be able to ride as freely....do u remmber on OT where we kept teleporting because we went different routes down mountains.....YEAH THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

and at least Todd and the other LISTEN to their fans and the forums and see what we want...and communicate with us which is more than can be said for say oh.....95% of most gaming companies

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 09:03:57




[Avatar]
Joined: 03/01/2008 21:10:53
Messages: 25
Offline



Yeah, there really is no excuse for how EA rolled this game out and how they cut corners to make it easier for them to deal with. The graphics argument about split screen is lame. There are plenty of awesome games that include split screen play. If Todd the God actually said that, then he is a bigger tool than I remember.


Just because a "Dev" says something, no need to get lathered up about it. They are in cya mode right now. The masses of players have spoken by abandoning this game. It's a ghost town online now compared to when it came out. They just can't get it through their heads that people don't accept this sort of junk anymore.

Game devs aren't brain surgeons.. just code monkeys and not really worth getting lathered up about just because they post in some obscure website.

I want to see official comment from them on their official websites. That's the only acceptable form of communication. Anything else is just chat and is about as useless.

They could have fixed the badge issue with Bandwagon on day one, but chose not to because in nerd land where they reside, they still think 50k riders will magically start playing the game. Nobody returns to a game because of DLC if the game was one that made them angry or frustrated. People return for DLC for games like RDR and such, because they want to play more of that game...

As I stated before, there really is no excuse. They mismanaged this from the get go and haven't done anything that suggests to me that they care to fix it. All they do is adjust the game so that there is more chance the few people playing it will actually pay them for credits and announce they are adding dlc for some old school tracks and chars. That's cool and all but if it costs money, it will be a flop. There are not enough people still playing to make much money on and not enough people will return for charged dlc on a game they quit out on because it sucked.




Joined: 11/19/2011 08:48:52
Messages: 135
Offline

They did very little listening.
I went back this morning and read a bunch of post on forums
where him and others asked....what do you want in the game.

I can tell you not one person asked for ghost riders.
Most everyone asked for more players in events, live events that is.
Huge amount of requests for custom outfits and more character interaction.
Many many requests to do with split screen play.

It really does not matter what either of us think, that facts show the game
has flopped, it was not well received.

But you said it best....why am I explaining this for the zillionth time.
I guess because a zillion people are not happy.




Joined: 07/20/2011 09:00:47
Messages: 1264
Offline

Etchesketch wrote:

Yeah, there really is no excuse for how EA rolled this game out and how they cut corners to make it easier for them to deal with. The graphics argument about split screen is lame. There are plenty of awesome games that include split screen play. If Todd the God actually said that, then he is a bigger tool than I remember.


Just because a "Dev" says something, no need to get lathered up about it. They are in cya mode right now. The masses of players have spoken by abandoning this game. It's a ghost town online now compared to when it came out. They just can't get it through their heads that people don't accept this sort of junk anymore.

Game devs aren't brain surgeons.. just code monkeys and not really worth getting lathered up about just because they post in some obscure website.

I want to see official comment from them on their official websites. That's the only acceptable form of communication. Anything else is just chat and is about as useless.

They could have fixed the badge issue with Bandwagon on day one, but chose not to because in nerd land where they reside, they still think 50k riders will magically start playing the game. Nobody returns to a game because of DLC if the game was one that made them angry or frustrated. People return for DLC for games like RDR and such, because they want to play more of that game...

As I stated before, there really is no excuse. They mismanaged this from the get go and haven't done anything that suggests to me that they care to fix it. All they do is adjust the game so that there is more chance the few people playing it will actually pay them for credits and announce they are adding dlc for some old school tracks and chars. That's cool and all but if it costs money, it will be a flop. There are not enough people still playing to make much money on and not enough people will return for charged dlc on a game they quit out on because it sucked.


if you feel THIS strongly about the game then why are u even on a forum about the game to begin with....TELL ME THAT....huh go on yeah i'd like to hear your reasoning for that, people like you are what we call HATERS you purposfully go on to sites or forums about stuff you don't even like just to mouth it off...if you don't like the game fine good for you that is your opinion but you really don't need to be here if that is the case, it is kind of sad, it is like someone who hates football going to a football game WTF



[Avatar]
Joined: 03/01/2008 21:10:53
Messages: 25
Offline

ssxrulez88 wrote:
Etchesketch wrote:

Yeah, there really is no excuse for how EA rolled this game out and how they cut corners to make it easier for them to deal with. The graphics argument about split screen is lame. There are plenty of awesome games that include split screen play. If Todd the God actually said that, then he is a bigger tool than I remember.


Just because a "Dev" says something, no need to get lathered up about it. They are in cya mode right now. The masses of players have spoken by abandoning this game. It's a ghost town online now compared to when it came out. They just can't get it through their heads that people don't accept this sort of junk anymore.

Game devs aren't brain surgeons.. just code monkeys and not really worth getting lathered up about just because they post in some obscure website.

I want to see official comment from them on their official websites. That's the only acceptable form of communication. Anything else is just chat and is about as useless.

They could have fixed the badge issue with Bandwagon on day one, but chose not to because in nerd land where they reside, they still think 50k riders will magically start playing the game. Nobody returns to a game because of DLC if the game was one that made them angry or frustrated. People return for DLC for games like RDR and such, because they want to play more of that game...

As I stated before, there really is no excuse. They mismanaged this from the get go and haven't done anything that suggests to me that they care to fix it. All they do is adjust the game so that there is more chance the few people playing it will actually pay them for credits and announce they are adding dlc for some old school tracks and chars. That's cool and all but if it costs money, it will be a flop. There are not enough people still playing to make much money on and not enough people will return for charged dlc on a game they quit out on because it sucked.


if you feel THIS strongly about the game then why are u even on a forum about the game to begin with....TELL ME THAT....huh go on yeah i'd like to hear your reasoning for that, people like you are what we call HATERS you purposfully go on to sites or forums about stuff you don't even like just to mouth it off...if you don't like the game fine good for you that is your opinion but you really don't need to be here if that is the case, it is kind of sad, it is like someone who hates football going to a football game WTF


Calm down spanky

I've been around here a long time. On this forum since 98. I usually don't post about games, but I feel strongly about this one. They messed it up badly and if there is even the slightest chance they will fix it, I will help bring the problem to light.


I could actually ask you the same exact thing.. why are you here? Every single post you have is something to defend the devs or the game as it is, when it's a fact and easily proved that people for the most part feel like I do. Most gamers have left this game.

Everyone gets to post their opinion and if it were not for a very small number of people that continue to post in this forum, there would be NO POSTS AT ALL.

lol

live and let live I say. I never said I hate the game by the way.... I said this game should have been much more and the mismanagement of the game has led it to be a dud online. There are very few players online.




Joined: 07/20/2011 09:00:47
Messages: 1264
Offline

Etchesketch wrote:
ssxrulez88 wrote:
Etchesketch wrote:

Yeah, there really is no excuse for how EA rolled this game out and how they cut corners to make it easier for them to deal with. The graphics argument about split screen is lame. There are plenty of awesome games that include split screen play. If Todd the God actually said that, then he is a bigger tool than I remember.


Just because a "Dev" says something, no need to get lathered up about it. They are in cya mode right now. The masses of players have spoken by abandoning this game. It's a ghost town online now compared to when it came out. They just can't get it through their heads that people don't accept this sort of junk anymore.

Game devs aren't brain surgeons.. just code monkeys and not really worth getting lathered up about just because they post in some obscure website.

I want to see official comment from them on their official websites. That's the only acceptable form of communication. Anything else is just chat and is about as useless.

They could have fixed the badge issue with Bandwagon on day one, but chose not to because in nerd land where they reside, they still think 50k riders will magically start playing the game. Nobody returns to a game because of DLC if the game was one that made them angry or frustrated. People return for DLC for games like RDR and such, because they want to play more of that game...

As I stated before, there really is no excuse. They mismanaged this from the get go and haven't done anything that suggests to me that they care to fix it. All they do is adjust the game so that there is more chance the few people playing it will actually pay them for credits and announce they are adding dlc for some old school tracks and chars. That's cool and all but if it costs money, it will be a flop. There are not enough people still playing to make much money on and not enough people will return for charged dlc on a game they quit out on because it sucked.


if you feel THIS strongly about the game then why are u even on a forum about the game to begin with....TELL ME THAT....huh go on yeah i'd like to hear your reasoning for that, people like you are what we call HATERS you purposfully go on to sites or forums about stuff you don't even like just to mouth it off...if you don't like the game fine good for you that is your opinion but you really don't need to be here if that is the case, it is kind of sad, it is like someone who hates football going to a football game WTF


Calm down spanky

I've been around here a long time. On this forum since 98. I usually don't post about games, but I feel strongly about this one. They messed it up badly and if there is even the slightest chance they will fix it, I will help bring the problem to light.


I could actually ask you the same exact thing.. why are you here? Every single post you have is something to defend the devs or the game as it is, when it's a fact and easily proved that people for the most part feel like I do. Most gamers have left this game.

Everyone gets to post their opinion and if it were not for a very small number of people that continue to post in this forum, there would be NO POSTS AT ALL.

lol

live and let live I say. I never said I hate the game by the way.... I said this game should have been much more and the mismanagement of the game has led it to be a dud online. There are very few players online.


unlike u though i actually LIKE THE GAME, everythnig u said in your last message seemed to imply this game is the biggest failure in history ever, i may have slight dissapointments with the game here n there yes like i do with many games (but then NO GAME is perfect FACT) but i just say oh well and enjoy the game for what IS GOOD about it not nag on and on about what is bad or what is missing...if some things are fixed or sorted good, yay all the better but i'm not going to waste my time going on and on about them




Joined: 01/13/2011 11:46:46
Messages: 413
Offline

You cant please everyone and time/budget only allows so much. Batty and his team overall did a fantastic job with the game. Anybody saying the dev team did not take fan consideration into play has no clue what they are talking about. From the community event, to all the feedback over the months till the game release and even now (visit merqurycity where there are plenty of feedback topics that the devs monitor and take into consideration)........the way they have reacted to the community has been nothing short of excellent overall. Sure we have not gotten everything we all wanted, but that is not realistic. What they have given us overall, especially for this initial reboot of the series is fantastic and will only improve and get tweaks/changes with the (I hope) eventual sequel. Hell, even the DLC is a love letter to the fans with classic elements such as billboards, fireworks, classic characters, drops with no death hazards, etc........ALL these things were by fan request. How anyone could stone Batty and his team overall for what they have given us is insane.

Enjoy the game for what it is and bank on the sequel incorporating even more of the fans requests that were not possible with this version. To sit here and trash Todd Batty and his team though is downright classless and immature to the highest degree and disappointing to say the least. Overall, especially considering this is the initial reboot, they have done a fantastic job and provided one of the most addicting games I have personally ever played.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 14:33:55




[Avatar]
Joined: 03/01/2008 21:10:53
Messages: 25
Offline


So say the two company shills...


The mass exodus of game players online with this game tells the real truth. Sorry guys, you constant praise of ole batty and the game isn't going to change facts.

The truth is easily seen just by logging in and seeing the pitiful numbers on the events. I posted them last week and it was sad then... now it's even worse.

If I didn't think they could do something about it, I wouldn't bother. I hope they wise up and realize the majority of people are not satisfied with what they put out there and maybe something will get done about it.


Until and unless they fix the badge situation with this game, I will continue to call foul. Because they are foul. There is no excuse. It's an easy fix and should have been done by now.




Joined: 01/13/2011 11:46:46
Messages: 413
Offline

How about linking me those vids Etchesketch? I would love to see some of your runs!

Constructive feedback is healthy as long as its presented correctly...........calling for the firing of Todd Batty is totally F'n ridiculous though. Some of these posters need to get a grip and learn how to present their opinion more constructively.

Have I mentioned how much I personally love the game?



This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/29/2012 15:16:51




[Avatar]
Joined: 03/01/2008 21:10:53
Messages: 25
Offline

What the company go to guys keep skating over is the point of the OP.


Without the ability to actually interact with your friends, this game is nothing more than a solo game. You have no reason to add friends from this game because you don't interact with them in any way. Games like this need to build a community and without the interaction, there is no community building.

It's just a time trial is correct. No friends from this game will move on to any other game with me because I haven't talked to any of them during gameplay. Have no clue what they are like or how they react in situations.

Say what you want about difficulty or todd or anything else... the point of this thread is exactly what was posted. All the other stuff is smoke screen trying to deflect from the point.

I had friends I've known for years play this game and never spoke to any of them, not even once. They all left after the Bandwagon badge was fudged by EA. After getting the badge/plat they have no reason to continue to play.

That's my last post for this thread... it, like this game is a dead horse. There is no real argument against it. It's just stating a sad fact. There really is no multiplayer in this game. EA could just as easily just go in there and post scores to make it appear like there are people playing and you could play without ever connecting to the internet.




Joined: 01/13/2011 11:46:46
Messages: 413
Offline

How about those vids before you leave?
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: