[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
So Sad  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

i am trying to figure out how to go on to the next "goal" i should have finished new beginings, but it wont let me place a 13th building. and even if it does, will i be able to use my same kingdom and sims to go on to the next ambition?

Have you placed all of the unoccupied buildings (Mill, Lighthouse, Kingball Court, Watcher Pavilion)?

You need to use up all of your Quest Points to complete the ambition. You could also click on the ambition icon and choose to end the ambition early.

You will have to create an entirely new kingdom with new heroes for the next ambition. However, if you complete the "Brave New World" quest in your original kingdom (available after you complete the New Beginnings ambition), you can take one hero from the original kingdom to become the monarch of your new kingdom.

i did place them all. that really sucks to have to do all of the same quests over again!

Woah are you serious? What type of game designer reuses the same quests for the whole game? With 12 ambitions, 70 original quests can only be recycled that many times?

Seriously they should patch it such that every ambition has their own set of unique quests! I mean you kind of feel robotic doing the recycled quests over and over again. I did not know this until I bought the game, kind of sad really. I am still doing the first ambition so and I was kind of expecting more from this game, its my first Sim game after all.

A lot of the quests have many different approaches and give you a choice of which Heros you can use which will alter the way you complete the quest so don't worry it's not something that can be finished in a few days. It took me about 3 months before I could say I tried every quest with all approaches and completing every achievement unlocking new objects and that's the base game and that's based on about a couple of hours each day. I am still enjoying the game I have had it for more than a year. It's one of those games where you can stop playing it for a while and come back to it and find entertainment value at least for me that is

Time is what we want most but use worst

Trying to get all the Watcher Achievements adds another element to game play. I had fun working towards different accomplishments while also completing the quests. Giving your Hero Sims different traits also brings some variety to the game. I agree it would be nice to have more quests to choose from, but, as Mayosa indicated, it may not be as boring as you think.

Ok I am almost complete with my second ambition and I am starting to feel a bit bored with the game? Is there anything new that happens if you use the exact same heroes to complete a quest which is being repeated in a new ambition?

If there is no change, I really feel like I am becoming a zombie due to the repeat of quests, I am hoping they would come up with unique ambitions quests through a patch or something? Also the restarting of a kingdom gets old because if all starting heroes begin at level 1 again I need to repeat certain quests like the tournament of honour with the same hero combination because I do not have a physician at level 5 from the start!

Do you have Pirates and Nobles? I just got it a couple of weeks ago, and it has really renewed my interest in the game. There are new traits for your Sims and new actions associated with them. Searching for treasure, both with and without a map, is always exciting. Your Sims can acquire birds and send them hunting for food or valuable items. There are some cool new things that the Smith and Wizard can craft. The new "War" quests seem to allow the player to make many more significant decisions that affect the course of the quest. I was particularly surprised (pleasantly so) when I found that a certain quest played out completely differently the second time around, because I was leaning toward a different side in the war.

Hi Queen of Books, yeah I got Pirates and Nobles. I did some of the new quests in New Beginnings ambition. I am currently doing Imperial Domination ambition and need 2 more kingdoms to Annex to get Platinum level for the ambition.

Do the beginning costs of important Sim buildings change in later ambitions? I ask this because I noticed in Imperial domination my barracks was free, i was hoping in other ambitions maybe the tavern or the spy building or some other important building started off free as well to give me new sims to the starting of an ambition.

Btw, I have managed to treasure hunt for at least 6 maps, I am missing out on Complex map, Crinkled Map and Contested Map.

Some ambitions allow you to place one or two buildings in addition to the Throne Room before you begin questing. You could have chosen any building at the start of Imperial Domination (except the Spy Quarters, which can't be constructed until you have enough renown to get the Reception Hall). The cost of later buildings doesn't change based on the ambition; the amount of RP required starts at 10 and increases with each building until it maxes out at 60 RP. Make sure you finish each quest at Platinum level to earn the most RP and place buildings faster.

For some reason I cannot bring myself to play more than the first 2 ambitions, maybe its the fact that the kingdom restarts and the limited number of quests involved. Things may have been better if EA could give players the option to bring over an old kingdom instead of restarting from scratch? Also it would have been better instead of repeating quests, EA should have given new quests for every ambition, like for example neverwinter nights?

Bear in mind when you play a new ambition you have to treasure hunt all over again for the good items like frost sabre and demonshard!

I guess it's a matter of taste. Although I agree that a greater variety of quests would of course be enjoyable, I've completed all of the ambitions but still have fun playing the game. Personally, I think it would be less challenging if you could start every ambition with all of your heroes at level 10 and equipped with the best weapons and armor.

The fact is one quest takes about a good 2-3 hours of time if I try and get platinum for that quest. To redo a long quest again although probably in different orders per ambition makes it a little boring for me. But I was thinking since other games can do wonders with a bit of patching hopefully EA can make new scenario quests through patching.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying this game is unplayable, it just gets recycled a little too much in its current state. I am hoping through constructive criticism and feedback maybe a new patch or expansion can fix the issue of restarting a kingdom and repeating quests. I had a good time with neverwinter nights 2 and its expansion storm of Zehir, mainly because it never gets repeatitive and characters could get epic levels.

The time I spent completing 2 ambitions I could complete an old game called X-com Apocalypse. Don't get me wrong its not exactly the same genre but I was hoping the game designers could make the game a little less time consuming and the watcher achievements a little more realistic rather than demanding a player to be hardcore to achieve everything. I am not a hardcore player although my first ambition completed with platinum and so far all the quests in my second ambition I have achieved platinum and can end the ambition with gold achievement.

I believe I am not the first to complain about restarting the kingdom and I do not think I will be the last, it would not hurt to give the player the option to restart or not. Perhaps through a patch or expansion the current system of "bonus" levels could be made into something more substantial and have a bigger impact in the game, for example giving new occupation options and new in game world affecting options?

Sorry if this post is a little long, I just have to put down my feelings, thanks for reading and hopefully the game designers take note of this and could do something about the current state of the game.

I agree with several of your points. This game had a lot of potential, but it looks like since the disappointing sales of "Pirates and Nobles", EA is planning no more work on this franchise. As for what "might have been", I think they may have had better luck with a few different decisions:

- They removed Build Mode, so the buildings look the same in every kingdom. I suspect this was also tied to the new "dollhouse" camera view, but I don't think the new view was that big a hit, either. If one could have modified existing buildings, or built from scratch as in other Sims games, there would have been much more variety, and replay value. As it is, there isn't much incentive to making money after a certain point, except to win Achievements.

- Many quests repeating in Ambitions. The original game had 70 quests, which with the different character approaches, kept one going for awhile. Still, one often found oneself repeating quests in the early days of an Ambition. This could have been reduced if they'd been willing to provide more quests. I was hoping for at least 30 new quests in Pirates and Nobles, since it cost about 60% of the original game. Instead, there were about 15. I think they could have made a lot of money by just selling "Quest Packs" with at least a dozen new quests every few months. A lot of people would have bought them, just like they gobble up the "Stuff Packs" in Sims 3.

- Pirates and Nobles disappointed a lot of people, who took it as an obvious attempt to cash in "Pirates of the Carribean" last summer. I was hoping that the expansions would open up the game a little more, providing more locations to visit like the Village, Forest, or Caves. They could have sold several expansions by just allowing travel to the other countries. Instead, they just hung around the same old digs for P&N.

But, they didn't, and now it's pretty much over as far as add-ons go.. I'm currently winding up my second ambition. For me it helped taking a few months off between Ambitions, until I was in a Sims Medieval mood again.

Regards,
Stilicho

Again I know I'm hella late on this discussion. And there is likely a thread for this already but I can't find it. But I have two questions.

1. Is it possible for the children of the heroes to participate in the brave new world quest? I want to do this with one of my Queen's kids as she is evil and cursed and figured she be a good match for the Imperial Domination ambition. And how would I be able to select her.

2. In regards to the Imperial Domination ambition, how in the world do you annex nations? I don't really even get what this means? Do you have to turn say Tredony and Crafthole against each other? Or make them both your allies? And same for the other territories too? I totally failed at that ambition before and haven't a clue what to do for it.
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: