[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Lack of Global events since DLC  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

Anybody else notice that there are no global events on many of the mountian ranges right now? They all say event pending. The Eddie map is cool but I like the rest of the game more.

They are trying to gather people on one mountain a day so today Himalayas are the one with big drop cost and Siberia with lower drop costs. Will change daily, good idea as the events are short time giving it a feel of some kind of multiplayer.

That's exactly how I felt. It looks like a ghost town. Nobody on any peaks except the highlighted ones and there are dang few people on those. It directs you to a two week ride and those just are not where it's at for me.

Maybe it will get better as they get going with this, but it really looks lame right now. If you hadn't played in a couple of weeks and you logged in today, you'd think the game was on its last gasp.

I don't like it one bit. As a somewhat non hardcore player, I really liked that I could dive into a variety of events and make a little cash while at it. Now I can only join maybe two or three events that cost nothing and have to wait a week for it to complete. In the mean time my options for other events are severely limited as most peaks seem to be closed down and anything open seems to cost me something. I get that dropping a fee gets me into events that more than make my money back... (unless the server disconnects in which case I lost everything)... but as a casual gamer $50k is more than I want to spend just to participate. I guess I just don't like my option being taken away from me and hate being forced to play in a way I didn't chose to. Also, cutting out most of the global events just looks stupid when you scroll through the peaks. My friend said the same thing when he came over the other day. He doesn't have the game and I doubt he'll be getting it any time soon thanks to this.

I feel like they have really put another nail in the coffin. The game was dead before and I guess they hoped to make it better by consolidating the numbers onto a limited number of runs, but it backfired. It just looks like nobody is playing at all now and you can't just get online and do what you want. All the big fat ZEROs on the peaks is depressing.

At least I don't need anything from the online component of this game, so it doesn't matter. Soon I will be done with the solo part and will move on like everyone else did. The problem with this type of multiplayer is that it doesn't give people a reason to stay around and play.

This leaderboard type of multi is just a very small part of most online games like this. The actual live online play with friends is what keeps people playing.

Oh well.

I have the Geo Tag freeze. So now the game is even more boring for me to play.

i couldnt agree more.one thing i will add are the drop fees for some events. some are 1.5mil, but i dont have so much, and if the prize pot is about 800'000, ( which it often is) , well, how can you invest in this? every range should be open, and today only 2 or 3 were open. if all were open, it would be a win/win situation
[WWW]

[quote=its kiori]I have the Geo Tag freeze. So now the game is even more boring for me to play. [/quote]

Had to start a new game when it happened to me. I no longer geo hunt but hate it every time I hit one, hope it is patched before I hit the limit again...
It is unplayable when you have the freeze... Three times I had the perfect run only to hit a geotag at the bottom... Started over as I knew I would stop playing for good if that happened again.

[Avatar]

The most ridiculous thing about this is I was just about done with Platinum, but hadn't done Peak-A-Boo yet because I didn't see any need to force myself to do an event on every peak in a rush, and just get it over time as I played more and more, switching between explore, global events, world tour.

Now I'm stuck with events still needing to be done in on a few peaks in Patagonia, Alps and Africa. But they won't open up ANY events on any of those peaks all this week and more. If I could just go and do events on those peaks I could get it, but they've unfairly restricted it, without any thought that it breaks one of their achievement requirements. I actually have really enjoyed the game, but quite frankly this is just a stupid setup. Make the one mountain with the double XP, expensive events - FINE, nothing wrong with that (in fact I really like that aspect of the game with the double XP mountain, got really addicted to it, and have about 40 million credits in my account now) - but why take the events off all the other mountains?? Everyone will gravitate to the double XP/expensive mountain anyway, but don't need to take all the other mountain events away to make it happen!

Please put all the events back EA, it's a stupid decision to do this - and without any warning.

Ea Sports Active 2 regular workout user since 1st Jan 2011 and still going strong!!

EASA2Vets since Jan 2012
GetFit2011 since Jan 2011
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: