[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Question about a private room in Difficulty lobby  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Online Play

[Avatar]

If I create a private room in the "Difficulty" lobby, does the created room still exist while I'm "in game"? I'd like to use one as a means of having others in my CC join and create their own matches in the room I create. Is that possible?

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

[Avatar]

I ran an experiment last night to see how this works. I created a room in the "Difficulty" sub-room of the Tiger 13 lobby on XBL. I then sent out a group message to all the members of my club. I created a game and while I was responding to messages in response to my alert message, I accidentally backed out of the game I'd created, and the club room. When I came back to the room, the next room member (in alphabetical order) was now listed as the room host. Since a few of the club members weren't on his Friend's list, they couldn't get in.

We then backed everyone out and started over. I then found that once a game gets launched, the players who are engaged in a game have the familiar 'ball on a tee' icon out to the right of their name, as long as the game was launched from within the room. We couldn't have a voice chat while in the club room, so I used my preset text messages to communicate information. I could have gone Live Chat, but that introduces a lot of confusion and crosstalk once individual matches get underway.

My last concern was what happens to the room while the original host was in game. The room is still there as long as there is at least one member still in the room lobby, or a game underway which was launched from the room. Unfortunately, when the club room game you were playing is finished, you aren't returned to club room lobby, you go back to the Tiger 13 main menu!? This would work a lot smoother if it would put you back in the room from which the game was launched.

For this to work flawlessly, everyone in the club needs to have everyone else in the club on their friend's list, otherwise they can't get in the room. That's easily remedied though. The other option would be to set up a password protected room, but then you're left with trying to administer and communicate password information which probably winds up being more trouble.

My conclusion is that the privately created club room winds up doing what I *thought* the Online Country Club's head to head lobby would do. It would be so much simpler if that lobby was truly private. I tried hosting club matches there the first week the game was out and the matches are open to everyone on XBL who's searching for a match

Anyway, I hope this makes sense. It's a solution we can live with, but there's so much room for improvement in the way this works. This is something EA Sports needs to work on to facilitate head to head clubplay, since the OCC's seem to have become such a hit with gamers.

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Online Play
Go to: