[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
2006 Lotus Europa S (The Teenage Transporter Review)  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion

[Avatar]

2006 Lotus Europa S

Another Lotus has come among us. Straight out of NFS Carbon, it's the Europa S, which is basically an Elise, but with a prettier face and a fast back. With a 200 horsepower turbo-4 engine, this is just as powerful as the Toyota MR2, however, it's a Tier 2 so you would imagine it being right up the overpowered lot. However, it only ways 995 kg so it's quite light, however a bit heavier than the Elise & Exige.

However, compared to the other Lotuses, this the fastest of the lot with a top speed of 189 MPH, Exise like handling, Exige acceleration, and to top it all off, strong cosmic nitrous. So, what is this then? This is Lotus getting back at BMW for dethroning the Exige Cup 260 as the old Tier 2 King. Now, this has taken the current king, the Diablo SV, out by only mere miliseconds. Then again, it all depends on the driver and the track. Take it to the straights, and the Diablo has the advantage. Take it towards windy tracks, and the Europa will wiz through. So, if you were to take it on a track with both windy bits and straight bits, such as Mission Street, these cars are about exactly the same.

As far as exotic matters, this is probably one of the only exotics in my book in which a bodykit is optional. I normally don't say that for any exotics. For example, ever since I bought it, I haven't put any bodykits on my Exige. But, as for the Europa, you can do well either way. Without any, it looks alright, like an Elise except with a prettier face. With one, it's like a Lotus racing machine with a giant wing.

So, it looks good, is properly fast, is as grippy as an Exige, has strong nitrous, and putting a bodykit on it is optional rather than strictly objected. So, yes, this is a very good car stacking its ranks up there with the kings: the M3 Sport Evo, the Mustang BOSS 302, and the Diablo SV. So, is this car perfect? Eh...no. It might be quite light, but an Exige and an Elise are so much lighter than this, so technically it should be a Tier 1. And there's another thing. This is actually how the Evora should've performed when it was released. Instead, a Lotus with an engine from a Toyota Camry is up there with a track day racing Porsche, an exclusive BMW, a Swedish hyper car, and an Italian super-bull. They could've put the Evora GTE in instead of a regular Evora, but no. They didn't. One more thing: cosmic nitrous. Yes, it's good for perfect launches, but since this car is easy to drive, expect nitrous spammers to be taking wins away from you honest racers. So, it's a very good car, but like the Evora, it screams overpowered.

Rating: 18/20
#TheTeenageTransporter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/02/2012 19:29:21

The Teenage Transporter: reviewing cars since 2010
[WWW] [Yahoo!]

[Avatar]

RAZORX33 wrote: Now, this has taken the current king, the Diablo SV, out by only mere miliseconds. Then again, it all depends on the driver and the track. Take it to the straights, and the Diablo has the advantage. Take it towards windy tracks, and the Europa will wiz through.

I wish to be a robot like you where you can see difference in milliseconds between cars

[WWW]

This car is absolutely awesome and worth every penny Handles great,good accel and nitrous,and sounds like the ELise which I love.Add to that it isn't a featherweight like most Lotus cars vs traffic.

[Avatar]

This car is the new king.

Do you own a SLR 722? Then come join the SLR club: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8332534.page

[Avatar]

It has a lovely unibrow hood.

This persona has moved to a working persona:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/user/profile/6997589.page

[Avatar]

Thanks for the review but to be honest I can't really take from your review whether the car is good or bad. You mention it being a T2 king because it beats the Diablo Sv but that car was never a king in its Tier 2. Having top speed of 189MPH with street parts or stock or what? What is its top speed with Ultra parts or pro parts? Cosmic nitrous as what car? I don't know if you noticed but all cars have different strengths of nitrous. As strong as MR2 nitrous? That car has one of the strongest nitrous second to BMW M1. As for using NOS nothing wrong with that how is that unfair? You know what is unfair, its having a game full of cheaters. One could only hope to race someone who just uses powerups but this days its not like that.

18/20 what exactly is that?

I know you are trying to review cars but this review lacks a lot and leaves more questions than answers. No videos of doing laps compared to top T2 cars leaves this review pointless.

[Avatar]

Jesusv87 wrote:Thanks for the review but to be honest I can't really take from your review whether the car is good or bad. You mention it being a T2 king because it beats the Diablo Sv but that car was never a king in its Tier 2. Having top speed of 189MPH with street parts or stock or what? What is its top speed with Ultra parts or pro parts? Cosmic nitrous as what car? I don't know if you noticed but all cars have different strengths of nitrous. As strong as MR2 nitrous? That car has one of the strongest nitrous second to BMW M1. As for using NOS nothing wrong with that how is that unfair? You know what is unfair, its having a game full of cheaters. One could only hope to race someone who just uses powerups but this days its not like that.

I know you are trying to review cars but this review lacks a lot and leaves more questions than answers. No videos of doing laps compared to top T2 cars leaves this review pointless.

+1 and yes jesus he does compete with other people with other T2 buttt i've been hearing thats he records only when hes winning lol but when hes losing i heard he says it was a bad video so sorry razor or obi only about half of your videos are right

It has less nitrous than BMW M3 Evo but not by much.Other than that they are pretty even.These 2 cars are going to be very evenly matched like the 911 Carrera vs 911 gt3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/2012 05:17:19

bleh757 wrote:It has less nitrous than BMW M3 Evo but not by much.Other than that they are pretty even.These 2 cars are going to be very evenly matched the the 911 Carrera vs 911 gt3.

interesting...very interesting..gt3 u say.

Thanks for the review

[Avatar]

Omg, another overpowered Lotus. WHY? JUST WHY? Why dont they put fiesta *, corsa OPC, insignia OPC, astra OPC, fabia RS, Audi rs3? FACEPALM

[Email] [Yahoo!]

[Avatar]

hasserro1 wrote:Omg, another overpowered Lotus. WHY? JUST WHY? Why dont they put fiesta *, corsa OPC, insignia OPC, astra OPC, fabia RS, Audi rs3? FACEPALM

shut up this car is awesome

troll mode activated

[Avatar]

hasserro1 wrote:Omg, another overpowered Lotus. WHY? JUST WHY? Why dont they put fiesta *, corsa OPC, insignia OPC, astra OPC, fabia RS, Audi rs3? FACEPALM

Lotus's are awesome

I hope this new Exige S will come

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/2012 02:02:37

[WWW]

Jesusv87 wrote:Thanks for the review but to be honest I can't really take from your review whether the car is good or bad. You mention it being a T2 king because it beats the Diablo Sv but that car was never a king in its Tier 2. Having top speed of 189MPH with street parts or stock or what? What is its top speed with Ultra parts or pro parts? Cosmic nitrous as what car? I don't know if you noticed but all cars have different strengths of nitrous. As strong as MR2 nitrous? That car has one of the strongest nitrous second to BMW M1. As for using NOS nothing wrong with that how is that unfair? You know what is unfair, its having a game full of cheaters. One could only hope to race someone who just uses powerups but this days its not like that.

LOL, RAZOR is just trying to answer some questions about the car guys, you could have just asked him what you did'nt feel was answered in his review, but +1 was pretty funny reading this comment xD

I have no problem with overpowered Lotus they just look awesome, even tho im a Diablo SV owner oh and who says diablo sv isnt a t2 king just pm me in game ill answer your question got a ultra engine yesterday 12/12 xD

[Avatar]

PANDA wrote:
bleh757 wrote:It has less nitrous than BMW M3 Evo but not by much.Other than that they are pretty even.These 2 cars are going to be very evenly matched the the 911 Carrera vs 911 gt3.

interesting...very interesting..gt3 u say.

He means that the Europa is similar to the M3 in the same way that the Carrera is similar to the GT3, not that the Europa is similar to the Porsches.

Do not forget to add "width=655" after the URL of your more than 655 wide pictures before closing the img tag. Like this:

[ img]http://www.uploadsite.com/huge_image.jpg"width=655"[/img]
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: