[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
TW 2013 Courses for Tiger Woods Online  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > General Discussion

Howdy;

There are several new courses in TW 2013.

Does anyone know if any of them are coming to Tiger Woods Online in the near future?

Please keep the ROFLMAO comments to a minimum

Best regards

Dan

Near future - NO

Not so near future - NO

Somewhere future - NO

Sort of here sort of there future - NO

Short distant future - NO

Distant future - NO

When hell freezes over - NO

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed unnecessary personal attacks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/2012 07:55:15

decay64 wrote:Near future - NO

Not so near future - NO

Somewhere future - NO

Distant future - NO

And I suppose that you think that this is helpful do you.

There are other Members who would like to know if and when TW13 is actually coming to the PC but we are afraid to ask as someone always posts stupid replies like this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2012 07:47:54

Peter.
Chrome Browser.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit,
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz,
Memory: 4096MB RAM,
Video Card name:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,

A golf course datafile in one format can't be just transferred into another one. The mesh grid resolution might be different, the textures, the objects etc, all encoded in different ways. The water and the waves, the cascades, rendered or simulated using different technologies. This is not plug and play by far, you can't just copy-paste golf courses across different platforms. It's hard and tedious work instead.
Licensing fees apart, EA Sports has no incentive to work harder on this game. One solution that might help bring about many new courses would, of course, be a Course Architect. But EA Sports has failed to develop one so far - and will not do it at any time in the future - because that would run foul of their deep-rooted conviction that no-one must have fun without their permission. And certainly not for free. Think of those poor shareholders!

Location: geo:lat=51.94743927168324 geo:lon=-5.1821136474609375

A typical corporate mentality. Thinking of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates in particular.

Nothing wrong with corporations having a corporate mentality. But they should also be good at what they are doing. They should be clever, competent, imaginative and bold, because that might improve their bottom line - EA Sports is none of that, their share values is dropping and their business is stuttering...

And back it all up with an excellent customer value and service. Something sadly missing generally throughout the world today and unfortunately highlighted by a very close example.

I've been in industry for 50 years and have had many a brush with corporate mentality. I have yet to see one that I would deem anywhere near acceptable to the ordinary man in the street.

CharlieFlatcap wrote:

Not so near future - NO

Somewhere future - NO

Distant future - NO

There are other Members who would like to know if and when TW13 is actually coming to the PC but we are afraid to ask as someone always posts stupid replies like this.

I know people want to hear that the game is going to evolve. But it simply isn't. There isn't any development team. The simple fact is, and regardless of what people want to hear it is a fact, EA has deserted the Tiger Woods PC based development arena. There will be no further major enhancements to the game. They will milk what they can from subscriptions, points and modifiers. And let it die a quiet death.

I would like them to change their direction and make the game better too. But it is not going to happen.

If the above statements were false you would see denials from EA staff here in the forum. But there is only silence.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/07/2012 11:37:25

So...the basis for your fact is that there are no denials here on the forum?

EA could throw some old course's into this game, from previous TW golf games. Someone in an earlier post I did, said that since the course's weren't as developed as much as this game, the course's wouldn't be as realistic. From what I gather, the Emerald Dragon was in fact, one of those old course's, and it's on here, so, they could add old course's they have licensing to, and or develop some new fantasy course's. Only thing i'm not sure on, is if there's still someone in Orlando capable of developing more course's, and be able to add a new course, old course, or what ever, to this game.

Maybe a bit of

[Avatar]

Not so near future - NO

Somewhere future - NO

Distant future - NO

Actually i found this quite hillarious.
Only thing more hillarious than that is the fact, that there's still people who think TW for PC has any future beyond what it is now.
Also, posts of this sort often come from people who've spend a lot of time, money and faith into the game and it's publisher.
And as "unhelpful" or "counterproductive" anyone may find a reply like that.
As of the time of writing nothing indicates that it doesn't tell the truth.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/08/2012 11:51:46

CharlieFlatcap wrote:

Not so near future - NO

Somewhere future - NO

Distant future - NO

I've been around since the TWO beta days & on the last leg of my TW12 membership, which expires & will not renewed. Why 'decay64' may have not phrased his response to your, & others, liking he's spot on on all points.

Respectfully, TWO & TW12 are games of the past & will not be updated (very minor tweaks on the TW12 side maybe). TW13 for consoles only (will never be ported to PC as there's an insufficient market) is going gangbusters & there's absolutely no reason for EA Sports to look back now. Just Google a bit & you'll see what I mean.

[Avatar]

"Does anyone know if any of them are coming to Tiger Woods Online in the near future?

Please keep the ROFLMAO comments to a minimum"

-----------

Charlie, I agree with you about useless responses. Even in the beginning, the safety from behind their monitor allows members to comment with reckless abandonment.

In this OP's thread, he should have left out ROFLMAO. It could have been a genuine question but he started the sarcasm which opened the flood-gates for the trolls and flamers to follow suite.

I doubt we will see anything new with PC from EA for TW.

Sadly, even if EA released a surprise DVD install for PC, the forum for that topic would first start off "maybe" with a huge THANK YOU. But deteriorate to negative slings and arrows...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/29/2012 07:57:33

[WWW]

sorry I didn't see any trolling in the reply, flaming ok I will give you that one but if you have been around as long as some here and posted tons of issues with the game and very little has been done about it then you may be a tad bitter too.These questions have been asked time and time again but the answer is still the same. No new courses have been released for the game in well over a year so there is little reason to sugar coated and say that oh ones never knows or maybe soon as there has been zero indication that this would be true. Sometimes if you don't like the answer then don't ask the question at least without doing a bit of searching to see if this has been asked before. I think with a little reading its pretty obvious what way the wind is blowing and that isn't perfume you smell.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online  > General Discussion
Go to: