[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Wishlist for the next SSX  XML
SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists

[Avatar]

I'm not sure if they are making a next SSX, If you know whether or not they are, please cite your source, thanks.
Anyways here is what I would like to see if they do make another one, and please tell me what you want as I'm sure you have good ideas too!

- A better store: I want to be able to see all items available at one time so I know how much to save up (like the on tour store)
- Try clothes/equipment on: This may not matter to some, but I would like to see how some equipment clothes go together (in terms of colors and styles) before I buy.
- A different multiplayer: I like what we have now, but I would like to see them also include the ability to compete real time against other players, not just their ghosts and a few AI
- Personal graphics: I want to be able to create a graphic on my computer and send it in game to be used on boards, clothes and equipment
- Create-a-rider: I want to create a rider that best reflects me. I want to be able to change hair, hair color, skin color, body shape, facial features etc.
- Video upload: I want to pull off an insane trick, open up replay editor, edit the footage, and then upload it so everyone can see. Because without footage, it didn't happen.

These are some of my ideas, I will keep adding as I think of more. Please tell me what you think and add your own ideas!

Your argument is invalid

They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to realize that's why they hated me.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

I would just say that don't change it too much, be modest and continue this new look of the SSX franchise. More regions, characters, longer World Tour, more drops, new Deadly Descents, a lot of DLC!! And make some DD's a bit more playable.. I did say dont change it completely, just add more content, thats all!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2012 12:36:21

[WWW]

Great list!

I would like more events like in the first three SSX games where there is more going on in the background.

Also more roaming peaks. Right now most of the peaks feel narrow and filled with jumps and rails everywhere. Kind of miss the "out of bounds" places that felt like no-man-lands.

Personally, I dislike the deadly descents part of the game. It did change things up but the pits of death on race and trick events are just frustrating for the sake of being frustrating.

I second any improvement to the current store.

Changing weather and times of day during events would keep things fresh.

I second some kind of replay feature. I want to show some sick tricks to others from inside the game.

Again, any improvements that bring back more of the fun of the original games with updated graphics and the fast game play the new game has.

[Avatar]

I agree with the roaming peaks. I liked the Idea of having to go out and find short cuts or good jumps on your own. Now they are doing everything short of flashing neon signs to tell us where short cuts and jumps are.

Your argument is invalid

They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to realize that's why they hated me.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Instant replay feature with movable camera so we can admire our good runs and even learn from them.

I love GEs, but would also like a traditional multiplayer as well. Having both would be fantastic.

Better store with more exotic/expensive items. Once you get to a certain point with your bank account, money does not seem to hold much meaning. I am sitting on nearly 600mil right now with very little to spend it on!

The lodge

Outfits should not come as one item, you should be able to mix and match individual kit, like different goggles with different jackets.

Free roam

Better mountains, less repitition and they should try to expand on the storyline they have made. There was once a world tour for elite snowboards, ssx, but it went bankrupt, they just raised money by the boarding the seven deadly descents, and now the tour is back, but bigger and better.

Online better, ghosts as well as party play and recording, session markers.

Some ideas I have more on my other posts

I do miss the lodge!

slegary wrote:I'm not sure if they are making a next SSX, If you know whether or not they are, please cite your source, thanks.
Anyways here is what I would like to see if they do make another one, and please tell me what you want as I'm sure you have good ideas too!

- A better store: I want to be able to see all items available at one time so I know how much to save up (like the on tour store)
- Try clothes/equipment on: This may not matter to some, but I would like to see how some equipment clothes go together (in terms of colors and styles) before I buy.
- A different multiplayer: I like what we have now, but I would like to see them also include the ability to compete real time against other players, not just their ghosts and a few AI
- Personal graphics: I want to be able to create a graphic on my computer and send it in game to be used on boards, clothes and equipment
- Create-a-rider: I want to create a rider that best reflects me. I want to be able to change hair, hair color, skin color, body shape, facial features etc.
- Video upload: I want to pull off an insane trick, open up replay editor, edit the footage, and then upload it so everyone can see. Because without footage, it didn't happen.

These are some of my ideas, I will keep adding as I think of more. Please tell me what you think and add your own ideas!

My OPINION on your ideas, which means you don't have to get all offended or anything it is just my view take it as you will:

A Better Store: totally agree with you on this one, the store does need o be done differently, question is more in HOW though cause if stuff like clothes have almost unlimited variations....it would be easier just to give us the colour grid (see a game like Soulcalibur V for a great example of this) and let us customise the clothing.

Multiplayer both online and offline is a MUST next time round, i don't care what has to be sacrificed...graphics, the amount of open gameplay...if those have to be reduced a fair bit (which is what they said was probably the case) then so be it.

Create a rider was NEVER that popular, OT tried this and it failed epicly, the fact that they dumped the main characters on the side bench like unwanted players in a baseball game made it even worse. OT still exists and is canon but i will never accept another make your own SSX...it has always been about the characters. the create a rider with have to be phenomonaly EPIC for me to even consider it, it would have to allow us to design art work like SSX 2012 or better with a few clicks of the buttons...it would have to be more like a Sims 3 designer than a SSX thing in detail

now a couple of my own ideas:

cutscenes: i'm not saynig turn SSX into a masssive storyline based game, it is all about the gameplay but comic flicks do not count as cutscenes...i was way dissapointed with the lack of cutscenes in this game, it only had them at the begining of the DDs and entering regions...there should be more interaction between riders, make it apparent this rider is friends with this or enemies with that...EA put so much work into creating these long bios and yet we see no evidence of it at all, in Tricky u saw evidence that moby didn't like JP for instance..

First i want to say, an excelent discusion to start so...let's begin sharing:
- Characters: SSX has never had more than 12 characters in any game, i fail to understand why, EA have this OCD problem with taking away a character everyitme they want to bring in a new one (or old one). Have a roster of at least 20 characters, preferably more. These six go without saying, they are the pillars and glue that hold SSX together Mac, Elise, Kaori, Moby, Zoe, Psymon. (other recomended characters judging by popularity from votes in forums as well as my own personal thoughts i would say Allegra, Eddie, Nate/ Tyson, Skye, JP, Tane, Ty, Marisol and Alexis would be smart bets...5 new characters would be nice, think variety of nationality, ethnicity and personality, perhaps look to your fans created characters for ideas, do a contest or something).

- Customisation: clothes, gear, accesories, boards...stats are on the CHARACTER not the board got that EA, because otherwise u r forced to used certain boards and people like to use a board that looks cool not the one that goes fastest or tricks best. Costomisation should be at least as good as SSX 3, unique clothing and hair styles for each character. gear like armour n wingsuits should be like boards, no stats cause otherwise everytime u level up u have to sell and re-buy...it is so tedious and a waste of money.

- Courses n Regions: I don't have much to complain about here, 2012 had it pretty accurate, just give us more i think, u gave us awesome stuff then stopped so short, it was kind of anticlimactic.

- Splitscreen: this is mandatory ok i don't care if it doesn't even work that well or if it causes teleporting like in SSX on Tour...i would prefer it didn't obviously but any multiplayer is better than NONE.

-Online: do what u want with online i don't use it that much so it is of little concern to me just make sure slitscreen is optional too.

o completley agree with Create a rider part...it is so true, dumping the main characters on the side was a BIIIIIIIIG no no lol EA BIG did a BIG no no lol get it

I think the purpose of a video game is to let people do things that they could never do in real life. Want to slay some dragons? Break out a fantasy video game. Wanna ride a crazy snowboard course that would kill most people in real life? Play SSX. To my knowledge, the new ssx was based off of real mountains about the globe. While that is an interesting idea, I still miss places like Geribaldi where you either start of by jumping off a huge cliff, or grinding a wire uphill.Though the new SSX has a few crazy moments, I'd like to see it stepped up an notch in future games.
I think customization would be a really great addition, like in SSX On Tour, except a step further. i would be really cool to be able to make your own character and play through some sort of campaign.
I would like a better story for the next SSX game. I was not feeling this whole Team SSX vs. Griff Simmons story. I didn't seem like it mattered. "OH MY GOD HE SNOWBOARDED ALL THE MOUNTAINS!". And?
If a real story isn't a preferable option, perhaps (in the campaign) the player could rise through the fictional ranks and become the best snowboarder inside the game world.
In an interview I listened to before the game came out, I heard that at level 10, all of the characters would have the exact same stats, so that the same character wouldn't always be used in multiplayer. I think instead of that approach, the campaign should be split from the multiplayer. Maybe in the multiplayer, your stats are edited so that everyone is the same, and only skill matters. Maybe only the characters from past games could be used in multiplayer, but they would all have the same stats. Choosing one would just be based on style.
In this campaign that I have been talking about, I think the level system should be where you get to choose what stats you would like to enhance. Like in Mass Effect or in SSX Tricky. This is pert of the customization I was talking about earlier.
In SSX On Tour. It felt really good to see that I was #18 snowboarder in the fictional world. That's as far as I got, but I still felt like I was awesome. 18 in the world! I think this kind of experience should be promoted in the next SSX game because (as I previously stated) that's all that gamers want to do. "Hell [b]yeah[/b] I killed that dragon!". I think a ranking system like on tour would be a great addition to the campaign. And maybe when you get higher on the charts you can do entirely ego boosting activities. Maybe sign a (fictional) autograph. Trash talk your enemies. Hype up the race to your cheering fans. Making you feel like "a big deal".
As a note: I'm not saying that SSX On Tour was a flawless game. I'm just saying that some great things could be taken from it. One flaw of On Tour was that, at the end, it got incredibly boring (why I only got to number eighteen). I think it was due to the limited number of maps and challenges available.

Thanks,
Isaiah

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/05/2013 14:04:01

Loving your ideas! I've played Kaori since I picked up Tricky years ago and I would love to customize her more. I think if they brought back a lot of feature from the originals it would seriously kick some A**!

I agree with most of the ideas brought here. One of my most requested ideas is an open world environment like SSX 3 and On Tour. Don't reuse the same levels like Blur did, but instead make some new, creative mountains. Also, I'd love to see more of a story like SSX brought and more DJ Atomika.

[Avatar]

My only big gripe on SSX (2012) was forced ubers. I liked having to tweak my standard grabs in order to pull an uber trick. ON Tour was a very interesting way of controlling tricks which I didn't mind, but Tricky and 3 did it best.

I will say I did appreciate having ubers on every grab rather than just single grab, nose grab, and tail grab, but when you do a tricky event now and just consistently super uber tweak your way through a run for max points, the repetition loses style points in replacement for actual points.

Every thing else about SSX was great. I enjoyed the increased challenge, wingsuits are amazing, and the real life locations that no one would ride was just as enjoyable as arcade parks in terms of feeling like you owned the place. After Explore and World Tour were cleared though, Multiplayer lost its touch as it was all focused on an online user base. I think after Skate 3 and SSX, EA Canada will understand that you can't bank a multiplayer portion of a game 100% online assuming there will be a large enough player base online.

[WWW]

Replying to some of the ideas listed above:

1: Multiplayer - I definitely agree that they should have a splitscreen option for multiplayer. On one hand, I liked the idea of consistently improving your times to beat your friends, creating a lasting competition that only got more intense. However, there should be an option for splitsceen races to see who can win a single competition (I can imagine the fun of doing a four-player deadly descent, watching each person successively fail and drop out). It would also help the sociability of playing the game.

2: Leveling Up - I think what they should do is let you pick a board (or two) and successively upgrade it. For instance, you choose a certain board then progressively buy or win upgrades. The higher you upgraded it, the more it would cost for the next one. This way, if you want to improve your speed, you wouldn't have to wait until the right board popped up in the store. Same with equipment.

3: Singleplayer - In my opinion, the singleplayer/tour was the weakest part of the game. I liked the progression through the deadly descents, but it was too short and I didn't like the setup of switching characters for each peak. Personally, I'd want more freedom in choosing trails up to the deadly descents, and to stick with one player of your choice throughout.

4: Characters - I would love to see a design-your-own character if they could introduce it well. You would have to have a lot of customization options to keep all the characters different, ex. hair color, type, length, face, eyes, skin color, height, weight, and type of clothes, to name a few. It could be designed like the Madden character designer. But, there also needs to be stipulation to use the original characters. Since you have to level up your own custom character, maybe the classic characters start out significantly leveled up, and you have to use each one of them at some point. If this was the case, we'd probably only use 8 characters that everyone liked. And if they didn't do this, they'd have to add more characters, somewhere around 20. Otherwise, using the same characters ends up getting stale.

EDIT:
5: Avalanches - Am I the only one who didn't like the setup where the camera was reversed the entire time? I feel like it took away from playing the game. Instead, there should be an option (not just for avalanches) on the D-pad to look backwards briefly. Also, the avalanches were pretty lame, with small amounts of snow that just stopped when you stopped grinding. I'd like to see a real avalanche - a wall of ice and snow barreling down the mountain that would kill you the second it hit. It would definitely be more challenging and exciting than a mound of snow.

That's all I got. Everything else was pretty great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2013 15:20:07

SSX  > SSX Feedback and Wishlists
Go to: