[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Double XP and new Environment Changes Happening NOW!!  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

[Avatar]

For this weekend only, you can get Double XP on Global Events. This will help you rank up your characters.

Then, they updated the lighting and requirements on this list:

Siberia lighting changes:
- Boris, Vapor Trail changed from overcast cloudy to dusk orange
- Boris, Big Show changed from overcast cloudy to dusk orange
- Boris, Diamondback changed from overcast cloudy to dusk orange

Africa lighting changes:
- Meru, Corkscrew changed from night cloudy to dusk orange

Patagonia lighting changes:
- Cerro Torre, Last Call changed from overcast cloudy to night clear
- Cerro Torre, Vengeance changed from overcast cloudy to night clear
- Cerro Torre, Code Blue changed from overcast cloudy to night clear

Himalayas lighting changes:
- Everest, Burnout changed from stormy to dusk purple
- Chomo Lonzo, Fall from Grace changed from stormy to dusk purple

Himalayas environmental changes:
- Everest, Burnout, Race it removed O2 requirement
- Everest, Burnout, Trick it removed O2 requirement
- Chomo Lonzo, Fall from Grace, Race it removed O2 requirement
- Chomo Lonzo, Fall from Grace, Trick it removed O2 requirement

Source: http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10606

http://www.bfbc2.eu/en/ps3/stats/Crazy_driveR3
^^Done by hELL_JIM///Click sig for Epicsauce Heli Roadkills and Drill Kills
[Email]

You sure it is not double xp in explore mode?
Double xp in Global Events amounts to near nothing @ 10k to 80k per event.
At least leveling wise it's not much incentive.

Or did they make your final GE winnings count towards your characters level now?
That would be some incentive there.

innzane wrote:You sure it is not double xp in explore mode?

Or did they make your final GE winnings count towards your characters level now?

Basically, get a diamond finish with a level 11 character and every run you take in that event afterward with any character will net you 200,000 XP which is HUGE and makes leveling much faster. VERY awesome of them to do this!

I am SO happy about the O2 being taken off! This was one of my biggest complaints and to be able to play these drops without the silly O2 requirement will be SO awesome! I cant wait to see some of these lighting changes as well, in particular The Big Show and Corkscrew. Kudos to the SSX team!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2012 19:00:40

Well that makes a lil more sense with the XP.

But the o2 being removed is another BS move.
So all the credits we have invested in these o2 tanks and perks
was a waste, all the runs we made on survive, all the frustration
in doing the runs is for nothing, anyone can now just start
the run and beat any record with little or no effort.

So what did they change Kaori's specality too now?
Or did the idiots leave it as the o2 tank? <<sure it is this

All I can hope are these changes are being made to make allowances for the fix
of 99.8% of the complaints, adding real MP and split screen.

You still need the O2 tanks for the survive events.

I am glad it's removed from trick and race, simply no fun hitting R1, R2 and making tricks at the same time.

[quote=sodan2011]You still need the O2 tanks for the survive events.

I am glad it's removed from trick and race, simply no fun hitting R1, R2 and making tricks at the same time.[/quote]

It was also a little weird having to use RB for O2 and wingsuit for the race it, if you wanted to use the wingsuit on the O2 tracks as well.

innzane wrote:Well that makes a lil more sense with the XP.

But the o2 being removed is another BS move.
So all the credits we have invested in these o2 tanks and perks
was a waste, all the runs we made on survive, all the frustration
in doing the runs is for nothing, anyone can now just start
the run and beat any record with little or no effort.

So what did they change Kaori's specality too now?
Or did the idiots leave it as the o2 tank? <<sure it is this

All I can hope are these changes are being made to make allowances for the fix
of 99.8% of the complaints, adding real MP and split screen.

Holy $hit..........do you always find the negative in everything in life like you do SSX????

The oxygen element was removed due to overwhelming fan request to do so for race and trick since most people just found it flat out annoying and we want to be able to experience these great runs without this hampering addition. From what I have read, this is peoples number one most disliked survival element (mine as well). For the vast majority, this is a GOOD move not a bad one. As with anything though, you cant please everyone all of the time, but this move will please the majority which is why it was a good move. They DID leave it intact for Survive by the way so nothing is wasted including Kaori's specialty since you can still choose to use it for survive.

Honestly, how many credits did you spend on oxygen tanks anyway? Considering how EASY it is to make money in this game (I made nearly 150mil last night alone), whatever money you feel you wasted cant mean $hit in the grand scheme of things now can it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2012 11:23:41

toe2323 wrote:
innzane wrote:You sure it is not double xp in explore mode?

Basically, get a diamond finish with a level 11 character and every run you take in that event afterward with any character will net you 200,000 XP which is HUGE and makes leveling much faster. VERY awesome of them to do this!

I am SO happy about the O2 being taken off! This was one of my biggest complaints and to be able to play these drops without the silly O2 requirement will be SO awesome! I cant wait to see some of these lighting changes as well, in particular The Big Show and Corkscrew. Kudos to the SSX team!

yeah i would thank EA for this thoughtful idea except they forgot about the fact that global events is only for people ONLINE....couldn't they have done this for everyone, both online and offline WTH. it comes across as like a 'sory online people only thing' it's harsh. i need to level up the retro characters as much as any other person, just because i don't have online doesn't mean i should get less than anyone else...

I do find much negative, no argument.
But this is one of my biggest peeves, the developers making a game easier because people cry about it.
That is just outright bs.
I feel it is extremely disrespectful to the peoples time invested into doing it as designed, they took the
time to defeat the challenge instead of taking the time to cry to devs.
And after the changes, much higher scores are possible, making the players who weathered the challenge have scores that make them look like chumps.

Most effort=chump scores
whine effort=high scores
that=BS

The general cosensus was thin air was annoying and not fun so they changed it which most people are happy about. Both these tracks are so much better without the lame oxygen mechanic. The other thing is everyone has the same advantage with the change so you can go in and set a new time/score. Have you tried Burnout and Fall From Grace since the change? They are so much more fun not having to hit the oxygen button and watching the screen fade out. Thin air for race/trick was just a weak and lame mode to begin with and this change will get people playing these tracks much more which is a good thing.

It sucks when you are in the minority, but in this case you are in the extreme minority and the devs made a great decision for the vast majority.

toe2323 wrote:The general cosensus was thin air was annoying and not fun so they changed it which most people are happy about. Both these tracks are so much better without the lame oxygen mechanic. The other thing is everyone has the same advantage with the change so you can go in and set a new time/score. Have you tried Burnout and Fall From Grace since the change? They are so much more fun not having to hit the oxygen button and watching the screen fade out. Thin air for race/trick was just a weak and lame mode to begin with and this change will get people playing these tracks much more which is a good thing.

It sucks when you are in the minority, but in this case you are in the extreme minority and the devs made a great decision for the vast majority.

minority....majority, screw that, it really doesn't take much time to do it for everyone instead of just online...in fact it would make more money to do it for both...it is so rude, next gen consoles are so anti social and pusching away from offline so much...the last time i saw a decent game like gears of war or left for dead where u can do offline stuff was....years ago

I have a question about a new change on alot of the peaks the different runs just keep saying event pending are they going to be cycleing through different peaks weekly or something to keep seever costs low and condense the players so theyre not all spread out, or is it server maintenance? Because their are some peaks i havnt played on in the global events, i was just wondering if theyll ever be a available again.

[Avatar]

[quote=GreenockMafia]I have a question about a new change on alot of the peaks the different runs just keep saying event pending are they going to be cycleing through different peaks weekly or something to keep seever costs low and condense the players so theyre not all spread out, or is it server maintenance? Because their are some peaks i havnt played on in the global events, i was just wondering if theyll ever be a available again.[/quote]
they are rotating through two ranges each day. one has a high drop cost, and the other has a low drop cost.

just look for the ones with the most players

http://www.bfbc2.eu/en/ps3/stats/Crazy_driveR3
^^Done by hELL_JIM///Click sig for Epicsauce Heli Roadkills and Drill Kills
[Email]
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: