[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
I Was Thinking... (CAP / Player Build Wise While Seeing The Theory of Art By Spo...  XML
NBA LIVE Series  > NBA LIVE General Discussion

[Avatar]

One night I was speaking to Dragon through messenger on how to elevate the game while it's part of ESPN? My thoughts personally, and along with the player build. Dragon & I focused on the YouTube.com videos ESPN now owns called Sports Science. I don't know how many people are fans on showing science mixed with sports just to show the raw skill of the player. It was interesting on the videos I have seen about JaVale McGee's ridiculous wing span; Rajon Rondo's wing span & hands what makes him one of the top point guards; and Kawhi Leonard with his wing span & hand width. There's a lot I have learned, and Dragon too especially the study of the Magnus Effect when it comes to full court shots that can change everything.

My question to you guys after I show these 2 or 3 videos. Would this be something that you guys think this should be looked into when it comes to the essentials of a players build?

:54 Second Mark

Don't worry about the double dunk. Just imagine utilizing that ridiculous wing span of McGee's as a CAP.

There's a lot of things I am looking at with the Sports Science method where they're doing the study of that player. Which I see the skill of that player that can be used as a CAP, or what makes them as a factor in the game. Things you break down as the other side of the player attribute that makes them a force in their own way.

So, what are your thoughts where I can make this thread a continuation with more videos about what people are seeing within ESPNs' Sports Science. Can you see things like this broken down as the additional parts of CAP & how the actual player is in the game? Post why too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/2012 23:32:15

I could see this being a great tool to add if real-time-physics is part of the rebuilding process of live 13. If it's heavy on animation like the previous live and 2k..........it won't matter with the science mechanics. That just my opinion. I'm praying that live just come out with a game........I don't do 2k.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2012 09:53:17

[Avatar]

iplaywthnytms2 wrote:I could see this being a great tool to add if real-time-physics is part of the rebuilding process of live 13. If it's heavy on animation like the previous live and 2k..........it won't matter with the science mechanics. That just my opinion. I'm praying that live just come out with a game........I don't do 2k.

Real-Time Physics is a personal approach to go when you think on how an NBA player actually is. I agree when heavy-animation is too much it sticks out like a sore thumb in the mix of presentation. If you read the Owen Good's article on Kotaku.com about his trip to Tiburon along with The Minati Journal that's posted on here by me. I did leave off some hints about it, and I am trying to get The Minati Report Pt. 1 released for you guys to read. I did sent out these videos to my CM and the guys down in Orlando. Which I have also discovered Brandon Jennings new tattoo on his left forearm representing his hometown of L.A. What is it? Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles tattoo.

[Avatar]

I hear ya Clue.......I'm just ready to get back to some live game play. I know that it will take some time for EA to reach the glory days like they once did. I feel confident with the council team which was assembled and with the new development team thats been in place for a few years.......... EA can only dribble in a positive direction.

[Avatar]

I'd like in CAP building if you could change wing spans and such. Like say having a tall and long arms but also lanky build aka Anthony Davis. Or just having a big beast center like Andrew Bynum. Would make things cool instead of just editing height and weight.

[Avatar]

TJ69 wrote:I'd like in CAP building if you could change wing spans and such. Like say having a tall and long arms but also lanky build aka Anthony Davis. Or just having a big beast center like Andrew Bynum. Would make things cool instead of just editing height and weight.

There's so many things to look into when we talk about this. Dragon also told me that this can be the head step for the Next Gen consoles when it's looked at. There was one thing I was sold on until I seen it was the court vision of John Wall. That's going to be one of the three videos that I am posting up.

Now the Kevin Love shot. Only pay attention when they mention the MAGNUS EFFECT. Key ingredient sim and sports wise when they speak about the how high velocity can effect the ball if you thinking a full court shot. It's interesting that Love broke the record for the longest shot, but the Magnus Effect is the key factor for full court shots.

NBA LIVE Series  > NBA LIVE General Discussion
Go to: