[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Toughest Regions:  XML
SSX  > SSX General Discussion

Which of the regions do we think is the hardest? (this includes Japan and Mt Eddie) and which do we think is the easiest etc...

The Rockies and Japan are by far the easiest IMO, aside from it's crevasses Japan has nothing standing in your way really and you can fly down it like lightning. The Rockies...once you know the right line it is easy but i still find trick events on this region a little challenging.

Hardest region...Alps by far the fact that you have One Step Ahead and Sentinal ALONE makes it the hardest region in the game. I expected Alps to be bigger though, i thought it would have four mountains like Himalayas did...sigh...
Africa i find no easy breeze either, the lowest mountain is easy but once it gets dark and has more crevasses...bloody hard.

( starting from the toughest regions)

1. Africa ( darkness, crevasses, lava..)
2. Antarctica ( loads of tiny crevasses, annoying shade..)
3. Alps ( rocks, grand goliat is just sooo hard...)
4. Patagonia ( huge crevasses ( or gaps), steep..)
5. Alaska ( avalanches, armor required for nearly every run...)
6. Himalayas ( thin air, crevasses..)
7. New Zealand ( whiteouts)
8. Siberia ( icy wastes, crevasses)
9. Japan ( crevasses)
10. Rockies ( only trees..and they arent too hard at all...)

africa is so hard, but antarctica is close up there for it's crevasse-littered drops. everest is pretty easy and i did complete it in my first attempt. i havent got the mt.eddie dlc so i cant comment on that, but yeah, thats my opinion.
[WWW]

The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there!

toe2323 wrote:The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there!

got to agree with you on that one.

i find Patagonia really easy actually, with the acception of one of the backcountry runs (can't remember which), i totally own that place, i have the fastest times in my game on that region, i guess I just really got good with the winguit (and no i didn't do that crazy long shortcut that enables you to reach the end of that run on Patagonia in like...56 seconds...i've seen the video for that but haven't tried it).

[quote=borys1010]( starting from the toughest regions)

1. Africa ( darkness, crevasses, lava..)
2. Antarctica ( loads of tiny crevasses, annoying shade..)
3. Alps ( rocks, grand goliat is just sooo hard...)
4. Patagonia ( huge crevasses ( or gaps), steep..)
5. Alaska ( avalanches, armor required for nearly every run...)
6. Himalayas ( thin air, crevasses..)
7. New Zealand ( whiteouts)
8. Siberia ( icy wastes, crevasses)
9. Japan ( crevasses)
10. Rockies ( only trees..and they arent too hard at all...)

africa is so hard, but antarctica is close up there for it's crevasse-littered drops. everest is pretty easy and i did complete it in my first attempt. i havent got the mt.eddie dlc so i cant comment on that, but yeah, thats my opinion.
[/quote]

Africa is actually easy. Just use pulse goggles, using head lamp alone can be irritating as the light only points one way, somehow easier when a global event forces you to not use a head lamp.
Antarctica is difficult, not the solar ones. I have a hard time with the low mountain, off the grid etc.

[quote=ssxrulez88][quote=toe2323]The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there! [/quote]

got to agree with you on that one.

i find Patagonia really easy actually, with the acception of one of the backcountry runs (can't remember which), i totally own that place, i have the fastest times in my game on that region, i guess I just really got good with the winguit (and no i didn't do that crazy long shortcut that enables you to reach the end of that run on Patagonia in like...56 seconds...i've seen the video for that but haven't tried it).[/quote]

I never participate in global events like these where there are stupid short cuts. Do not know if Beyond the Fall has been patched, but never join that either.
Have no problem getting beat by someone who found a perfect line but when they race off the map, no thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/2012 19:54:16

[quote=toe2323]The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there! [/quote]

i find one step ahead quite easy, i mean, it does have rocks and all but with some lvl 8 armor and caution, it isn't too hard. sentinel is just a killer, had to restart it repeatedly.
[WWW]

[quote=borys1010][quote=toe2323]The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there! [/quote]

i find one step ahead quite easy, i mean, it does have rocks and all but with some lvl 8 armor and caution, it isn't too hard. sentinel is just a killer, had to restart it repeatedly.[/quote]

Interesting. Sentinel feels like a warm up compared to One Step Ahead IMO.

[quote=toe2323][quote=borys1010][quote=toe2323]The Alps simply because One Step Ahead and Sentinel are there! [/quote]

i find one step ahead quite easy, i mean, it does have rocks and all but with some lvl 8 armor and caution, it isn't too hard. sentinel is just a killer, had to restart it repeatedly.[/quote]

Interesting. Sentinel feels like a warm up compared to One Step Ahead IMO. [/quote

the alps are pretty hard, and now that i look at it, Africa isnt too hard. i think it should be about 4th. but Antarctica is so frustrating sometimes, just because it has those tiny crevasses that always seem to be in your way...Mt.slaughter isnt too easy, but i think for me the easiest DD has to be either Mt.Robson, Fitz Roy, or Mt.Blanc.
[WWW]

EDIT to my last post...

i got the mountains wrong.. totally agree with you that sentinel is like a warm-up. got the drops mixed up with some mt.blanc ones.... sorry
[WWW]

[quote=borys1010]EDIT to my last post...

i got the mountains wrong.. totally agree with you that sentinel is like a warm-up. got the drops mixed up with some mt.blanc ones.... sorry[/quote]

Haha.....no worries. I thought something might have been mixed up there.

If i include Mt Eddie....this is what i think from toughest to easiest:

1. Alps
2. Mt Eddie (event wise this place is SO HARD, it might just be me but i swear the AI is so much harder on this region)
3. Africa
4. Antarctica
5. New Zealand
6. Himalayas
7. Alaska
8. Siberia
9. Patagonia
10: Rockies
11. Japan

but i have to say on a small note though that i find siberia and alska about the same probably for different reasons and the only really hard thing about antarctica is getting a good line on races or trick events, survival events are easy for me.
SSX  > SSX General Discussion
Go to: