[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Attribute Spotlight: Speed (SPD) Madden 12 rookie RB's & CB's. Projecting ...  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

Here is my newest blog. I have finally decided to tackle the speed attribute, two positions at a time. This week is Madden 12 Rookie RB's and CB's. I will dissect the current tendencies of Donny Moore and try to predict Madden 13 speeds for all Rookie RB's and CB's.

Here is the blog:

http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/2012/05/attribute-spotlight-speed-spd-rookie.html

You will see that 40 times do matter when it comes to rookie speed attributes. After the rookie year, it's more of a crap shoot. Enjoy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/2012 16:17:34

See Madden player rating suggestions/articles at:
http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @mannmicj
[WWW]

[Avatar]

If Doug Martin's Speed is lower than Trent Richardson on opening day, it will be something every fan needs to change when we get the game.

Hahahaha, it said EA has a bunch of Tamp fans. lol, now thats funny. That why a 65% completion rate gets you horrible accuracy rating right? Homerism for the Bucs. Im not saying a guy like Freeman is great, but his accuracy is pretty good aside from the occasional errant throw(along with a lot of other starting QBs) yet he gets poor accuracy rating. Yes he threw a bunch of INTS this year, but thats decision making. They are rating for those yet they remain mostly the same. Theres inaccuracies all over the roster and theres guy that should be rated lower, and some that should be higher. If they were fans of the Bucs like this blog indicates, why dont they have anyone over 90 speed on their team other than a crappy CB? The only real evidence of any type of homerism with EA or Donny is they follow the hype of certain players. Popularity gets you higher ratings regardless of team.

I do like the contradictory statements from Donny. We all know he doesnt have a real system and just pulls stuff from wherever he feel like.

It cool and crazy you put this work into it. Youre trying to use some sort of standard based on Donnys randomness. Thats quite a feat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/2012 22:13:59

TATMANFISH wrote:Hahahaha, it said EA has a bunch of Tamp fans. lol, now thats funny. That why a 65% completion rate gets you horrible accuracy rating right? Homerism for the Bucs. Im not saying a guy like Freeman is great, but his accuracy is pretty good aside from the occasional errant throw(along with a lot of other starting QBs) yet he gets poor accuracy rating. Yes he threw a bunch of INTS this year, but thats decision making. They are rating for those yet they remain mostly the same. Theres inaccuracies all over the roster and theres guy that should be rated lower, and some that should be higher. If they were fans of the Bucs like this blog indicates, why dont they have anyone over 90 speed on their team other than a crappy CB? The only real evidence of any type of homerism with EA or Donny is they follow the hype of certain players. Popularity gets you higher ratings regardless of team.

I do like the contradictory statements from Donny. We all know he doesnt have a real system and just pulls stuff from wherever he feel like.

It cool and crazy you put this work into it. Youre trying to use some sort of standard based on Donnys randomness. Thats quite a feat.

Is it possible that TB has no one over 90 speed because they don't have any players who have ran a deserving 40 time (official combine or ProDay)? I haven't looked at every player on the TB roster, but I doubt that have many burners. You might check it out, then make your case to Donny. Also, look beyond OVR and SPD, there are other ways (attributes) for players to be overrated.

BTW - Freeman was horrible last year, by any standard. His completion percentage of 62.8% is deceiving since he only attempted 36 passes of 20+ yards down field (tied for 28th in the league with B. Gabbert). Those 36 passes were only 6.5% of his total attempts. That is weak. In fact that percentage of deep passes to total attempts was dead last in the NFL among starting QBs per ProFootballFocus.com.

Per AdvanceNFLStats.com, only 14% of Freeman's passes went over 15 yards, again dead last in the NFL. The stats alone indicate he dumped off a ton of passes which would inflate his completion %.

Anyway, thanks for reading the blog. Hopefully Madden fans will see more consistency and accuracy in the future. They deserve it.

[WWW]

Blah, blah, blah........The point is there is absolutely no Bucs homerism going on and its completely baseless for you to say so. The Bucs are consistently one of the poorest rated teams even when they have good seasons.

Funny on one hand you justify their low speed ratings, accuracy ratings, and everything else being low, yet you say theres Bucs homerism.

So which is it? Their ratings are justified, or they are Bucs homers. Or were you pulling stuff out your butt?

Im guessing the latter because there isnt a single drastically overrated player on the entire team except maybe Hayes and hes no longer on the team.

TATMANFISH wrote:Blah, blah, blah........The point is there is absolutely no Bucs homerism going on and its completely baseless for you to say so. The Bucs are consistently one of the poorest rated teams even when they have good seasons.

Funny on one hand you justify their low speed ratings, accuracy ratings, and everything else being low, yet you say theres Bucs homerism.

So which is it? Their ratings are justified, or they are Bucs homers. Or were you pulling stuff out your butt?

Im guessing the latter because there isnt a single drastically[u] overrated player on the entire team except maybe Hayes and hes no longer on the team.

I asked you a simple question, you failed to answer? You failed to look at other attributes? If YOU are going to complain about Madden ratings, at least try to back it up. "Pulling stuff out of your butt", hmmm that seems more like what you are doing. You haven't provided any real examples of the Bucs being underrated. The Bucs were horrible during the 2011 NFL season.

Maybe I should do a blog just for you Of course, it wouldn't matter. You have already made up your mind. I am looking at every attribute, a player can be overrated in one attribute or many. Look at all of the attributes, it will open your eyes to Madden ratings as a whole.

*Here is a good place for you to start. Checkout the TAK attribute for your secondary. They were the worst tackling team in football, yet it's doesn't reflect in their TAK attribute.

Also note, that you specifically said "isnt a single drastically overrated player. This indicates that you know some Bucs are overrated, just not drastically.

Have a great day.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/07/2012 06:45:01

[WWW]

[Avatar]

TATMANFISH wrote:Hahahaha, it said EA has a bunch of Tamp fans. lol, now thats funny. That why a 65% completion rate gets you horrible accuracy rating right? Homerism for the Bucs. Im not saying a guy like Freeman is great, but his accuracy is pretty good aside from the occasional errant throw(along with a lot of other starting QBs) yet he gets poor accuracy rating. Yes he threw a bunch of INTS this year, but thats decision making. They are rating for those yet they remain mostly the same. Theres inaccuracies all over the roster and theres guy that should be rated lower, and some that should be higher. If they were fans of the Bucs like this blog indicates, why dont they have anyone over 90 speed on their team other than a crappy CB? The only real evidence of any type of homerism with EA or Donny is they follow the hype of certain players. Popularity gets you higher ratings regardless of team.

First of all, if Popularity gets you rated high in Madden, why isn't Tebow getting love in the game.

Second of all, It seems that Tampa needs to win more to get EA's respect and recognition. The more the team gets recognized, the higher rated the players.

[Avatar]

Speed isn't everything, if it was..........Raiders would be Undefeated right now.

[Avatar]

I want to see where he has Steelers rookie runningback Chris Rainey's speed at. He was drafted in the 5th round so since he was drafted later I want to see if Donny ignores his ratings. They are saying that Rainey has a legitimate shot at challenging Mike Wallace as the fastest player on the team. So Rainey if he is indeed that fast he should have speed somewhere in the 97 range. I want to see if he puts his speed in the low 90s or high 80's. He used to have Antonio Brown's speed in that area.

Follow me on Twitter @jw_kane_jr
PSN: kane_jr
Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
Offensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers
Defensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Muay Thai (aka Sit-Kangmongkorn)

oneforthethumb wrote:I want to see where he has Steelers rookie runningback Chris Rainey's speed at. He was drafted in the 5th round so since he was drafted later I want to see if Donny ignores his ratings. They are saying that Rainey has a legitimate shot at challenging Mike Wallace as the fastest player on the team. So Rainey if he is indeed that fast he should have speed somewhere in the 97 range. I want to see if he puts his speed in the low 90s or high 80's. He used to have Antonio Brown's speed in that area.

Based on EA tendencies and number crunching, I projected Rainey at 91 SPD (based on combine 40 time of 4.45). That falls in line with what EA did last year for rookie RB's. If they give him the benefit of the doubt (not likely for a 5th rounder), they will consider his ProDay time of 4.35 which would project to a 95 SPD.

[WWW]
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: