Broncos over Ravens
Packers over Falcons
Conference
Patriots over Broncos
49ers over Packers
Super Bowl
Patriots over 49ers

[Avatar]

All of my predictions is based off of the whole schedule which I actually predicted all the weeks

Overall its OK but I can't see the Jets making the playoffs. Plus I think steelers will have a better record don't have a overall difficult schedule

GO STEELERS!

[Avatar]

AFC EAST
N.E. 11-5 ___ N.Y.J 10-6 ___ Buf 7-9 ___ Mia 5-11
AFC NORTH
Balt 11-5 ___ Pitt 10-6 ___ Cinn 9-7 ___ Clev 3-13
AFC SOUTH
Hou 9-7 ___ Jax 8-8 ___ Indy 6-10 ___ Tenn 5-11
AFC WEST
K.C 10-6 ___ Den 10-6 ___ S.D 7-9 ___ Oak 7-9

AFC EAST
Phil 12-4 ___ N.Y.G 10-6 ___ Dal 9-7 ___ Wash 7-9
NFC NORTH
G.B 13-3 ___ Chi 11-5 ___ Det 9-7 ___ Minn 4-12
NFC SOUTH
T.B 10-6 ___ N.O 9-7 ___ ATL 9-7 ___ Car 7-9
NFC WEST
S.F 10-6 ___ Sea 8-8 ___ AZ 7-9 ___ S.T.L 3-13

PLAYOFFS
AFC
wPitt@Hou ___ Pitt@wBalt
Den@wK.C ___ wK.C@N.E ___ K.C@wBalt
NFC
Chi@wS.F ___ S.F@wPhil
N.Y.G@wT.B ___ T.B@wG.B ___ wPhil@G.B __________ Super Bowl wBaltimore vs Philadelphia

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2012 05:02:56

I am 100% UnBiased.... Don't confuse it with not knowing anything. It's all speculation until it's written in the book's anyway.

[Avatar]

After looking at the Steelers schedule and factoring in certain things I don't think they finish worse than 12-4 but i can see a 14-2 season and I normally don't pick the Steelers to win that many games. I certainly don't see them going 8-8 with their schedule. It would take catastrophic injuries to derail them. Below I'm gonna break down their schedule game by game.

Week 1 @Broncos
The 2012 Broncos in my opinion are the equivalent of the 2011 Eagles. They are gonna be overhyped as they somewhat are already. People have already wrote off the Steelers cause they are going up against Peyton Manning. But people fail to figure in the fact that Peyton hasn't played football in over a year and he's going up against a defense that was ranked number 1 last year. We still don't know if his body will handle the abuse. And even if he finds his stride it won't be in week 1. Steelers win (1-0)

Week 2 Jets
Tebowmania returns. It's a bit different this time around. He's not the starter and while I do think the Jets will have a better season in 2012 than they did in 2011 I don't see them winning in Pittsburgh. Steelers win (2-0)

Week 3 @Raiders
Probably one of the tougher games of the year due to the trip across the country but I still think they get it done and handle Oakland with ease. Steelers win (3-0)

Week 4 Bye

Week 5 Eagles
Another tough game cause i really do expect the Eagles to make the playoffs this year but it is at Pittsburgh and they made Vick look horrible just in a preseason game last year. I think they find similar results this year. Steelers win (4-0)

Week 6 @Titans
The Steelers usually struggle in Tennessee but last year they found their stride and Ben Roethlisberger had probably his best game of the season their last year throwing 5 TDs. While he may not repeat his performance I do see the Steelers coming out on top and continuing their hot streak. Steelers win (5-0)

Week 7 @Bengals
Andy Dalton very well may have a sophomore slump but I don't think he will. This is the week I think the Steelers come back down to earth. Steelers lose (5-1)

Week 8 Redskins
RGIII comes to the steel city. I think he will have a better rookie season than Andrew Luck but he is a rookie on the road in Pittsburgh against a DC that doesn't lose to rookie QBs and that's only happened once before. The trend continues and RGIII puts up a fight in a losing effort. Steelers win (6-1)

Week 9 @Giants
Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning have only faced each other twice in the regular season and they have split those two games with Eli getting the most recent victory in 2008. This time around I think Big Ben shows Eli why he is the best quarterback from the 2004 draft class. Steelers win (7-1)

Week 10 Chiefs
Todd Haley faces off against the team that fired him so you can bet he's gonna put together a nice gameplan to show his former team why they made a mistake by firing him last year. Steelers win (8-1)

Week 11 Ravens
This series I originally thought the Steelers would split with the Ravens with the Steelers winning this game at home. But with the loss of Terrell Suggs likely for the season and you couple that with the significant improvements the Steelers made to their O-line I don't think the Ravens defense will be as effective without him bringing the pressure to Ben's blindside. Steelers win (9-1)

Week 12 @Browns
With the Browns defense and the addition of Trent Richardson the Browns will likely be in every game till the end but this is still the Browns. They still find ways to lose games. The Steelers still own them and likely will sweep them in 2012. Steelers win (10-1)

Week 13 @Ravens
See week 11 Steelers win (11-1)

Week 14 Chargers
The Chargers have taken steps backwards in the last couple seasons. The Steelers always play them well though and have gotten the better of them. The Steelers are at home and for the time being I have them in this game but if the Chargers come on strong this could go the other way. Steelers win (12-1)

Week 15 @Cowboys
The Steelers will have just completed a stretch of tough games and they are traveling to the site of Superbowl 45 where they lost to the Packers. Perhaps they are motivated by that but I think at this point they are rather exhausted and its a more meaningless game for them being out of conference. I think they drop this game. Steelers lose (12-2)

Week 16 Bengals
Steelers coming off of a loss usually play well which doesn't bode well for the Bengals who I think will be pushing for a wildcard at this point. Steelers avenge a defeat from earlier in the season. Steelers win (13-2)

Week 17 Browns
See week 12. Steelers win (14-2)

Now like I said the most I ever pick the Steelers to win is 13 games but i usually expect 12-4 or 11-5. I do think 12-4 is the worst possible finish providing they don't have serious injuries to their key players like all of last year. This is an early prediction for me and it likely will change whether its the teams I have them losing to or the record itself.

(A couple of my deciding factors on these predictions is the addition of Todd Haley as the offensive coordinator which I think is big for the Steelers. No more 5 wide on 3rd and 1. Haley likes to maximize the potential of his players and play to their strengths. Another is the revamped O-line that could be a dominant force in 2012. It certainly will be better than those of the past years. Another is the subtraction of William G@y. I think whether its Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen or Curtis Brown they will all be a significant upgrade.)

Follow me on Twitter @jw_kane_jr
PSN: kane_jr
Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
Offensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers
Defensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Muay Thai (aka Sit-Kangmongkorn)

[Avatar]

Im not tryin to be mean Steelers fans but that's my predictions.

Also
*I'm a Jaguars fan and I have much confidence for them
*I pretty much think that the Pats is gonna murder everybody this year but I had them losing to the Broncos

[Avatar]

Draguar1995 wrote:Chicago Bears- 8-8
Cincinnati Bengals- 8-8
Buffalo Bills- 7-9
Denver Broncos- 12-4
Cleveland Browns- 4-12
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 5-11
Arizona Cardinals- 6-10
San Diego Chargers- 8-8
Kansas City Chiefs- 7-9
Indianapolis Colts- 5-11
Dallas Cowboys- 7-9
Miami Dolphins- 2-14
Philadelphia Eagles- 10-6
Atlanta Falcons- 12-4
San Francisco 49ers- 13-3
New York Giants- 9-7
Jacksonville Jaguars- 8-8
New York Jets- 10-6
Detroit Lions- 8-8
Green Bay Packers- 12-4
Carolina Panthers- 7-9
New England Patriots- 15-1
Oakland Raiders- 3-13
*. Louis Rams- 6-10
Baltimore Ravens- 12-4
Washington Redskins- 7-9
New Orleans Saints- 9-7
Seattle Seahawks- 5-11
Pittsburgh Steelers- 8-8
Houston Texans- 9-7
Tennessee Titans- 7-9
Minnesota Vikings- 6-10
255 total wins. You're a win short somewhere.

Let's see those pro-Kaepernick 49ers fans talk smack now.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

oneforthethumb wrote:Week 9 @Giants
Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning have only faced each other twice in the regular season and they have split those two games with Eli getting the most recent victory in 2008. This time around I think Big Ben shows Eli why he is the best quarterback from the 2004 draft class. Steelers win (7-1)
Low ceiling, no?

Eli Manning wasn't good enough to play with Junior Seau's team.

Alright, there's my dig for the thread.

Well, that, and there's no way that the Steelers go 14-2 a year after they went 12-4 with a better team against a weaker schedule. They're a shoe-in for the playoffs, but only because the AFC is so full of mediocre teams that will self-destruct at the end of the season.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Draguar1995 wrote:Im not tryin to be mean Steelers fans but that's my predictions.

Also
*I'm a Jaguars fan and I have much confidence for them
*I pretty much think that the Pats is gonna murder everybody this year but I had them losing to the Broncos

My point is the Steelers had a fairly tough schedule last season and were completely ravaged on the injury front and still went 12-4. This schedule in 2012 heavily favors the Steelers and they will likely be a much better team this year.

[Avatar]

PhataLerror wrote:
oneforthethumb wrote:Week 9 @Giants
Low ceiling, no?

Eli Manning wasn't good enough to play with Junior Seau's team.

Alright, there's my dig for the thread.

Well, that, and there's no way that the Steelers go 14-2 a year after they went 12-4 with a better team against a weaker schedule. They're a shoe-in for the playoffs, but only because the AFC is so full of mediocre teams that will self-destruct at the end of the season.

I wouldn't call them a weaker team this year than last year and if so I'd like to know why you say that.

Injuries always play a part in a teams season but going on talent alone the Steelers are a much improved.team. They got a new offense and if they pick it up well they are already better. Arians sucks. The O-line has been significantly improved and if they stay healthy they will be more than average which is way better than years past.

They got a firecracker at runningback with Chris Rainey whom I expect to be used like Darren Sproles except Rainey is faster.

Most people will say without Ward, Aaron Smith and James Farrior the team is weaker but most people outside the Steelers fan base don't realize that Farrior has been on the decline since 09, Smith has barely played in the last 3 seasons and the defense didn't skip a beat without him and last year Ward was barely used anyways.

Another factor William G@y is no longer gonna be there to give up big plays.

They are a better team this year and the schedule isn't all that impressive.

[Avatar]

Draguar1995 wrote:Chicago Bears- 8-8
Cincinnati Bengals- 8-8
Buffalo Bills- 7-9
Denver Broncos- 12-4
Cleveland Browns- 4-12
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 5-11
Arizona Cardinals- 6-10
San Diego Chargers- 8-8
Kansas City Chiefs- 7-9
Indianapolis Colts- 5-11
Dallas Cowboys- 7-9
Miami Dolphins- 2-14
Philadelphia Eagles- 10-6
Atlanta Falcons- 12-4
San Francisco 49ers- 13-3
New York Giants- 9-7
Jacksonville Jaguars- 8-8
New York Jets- 10-6
Detroit Lions- 8-8
Green Bay Packers- 12-4
Carolina Panthers- 7-9
New England Patriots- 15-1
Oakland Raiders- 3-13
*. Louis Rams- 6-10
Baltimore Ravens- 12-4
Washington Redskins- 7-9
New Orleans Saints- 9-7
Seattle Seahawks- 5-11
Pittsburgh Steelers- 8-8
Houston Texans- 9-7
Tennessee Titans- 7-9
Minnesota Vikings- 6-10

Wild Card
Broncos over Chargers
Giants over Eagles
Jets over Texans
Falcons over Saints
Divisional
Patriots over Jets
49ers over Giants
Broncos over Ravens
Packers over Falcons
Conference
Patriots over Broncos
49ers over Packers
Super Bowl
Patriots over 49ers

I give it a C+, no way the 49ers will defeat the Packers, they're not even in the same class as us. And I think we will win at least 13 games. Teams like the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks, ect, will be improved teams I think, and no way in hell the Phins only win 2 games.

Given everything that's happened in New Orleans I think the Saints will struggle for 8 wins, especially with other team in their division getting better, especially the Panthers.

I also think the Bills will at least get 8-8 next season.

[Avatar]

PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:
Draguar1995 wrote:Conference
49ers over Packers
Super Bowl
Patriots over 49ers
I give it a C+, no way the 49ers will defeat the Packers, they're not even in the same class as us. And I think we will win at least 13 games. Teams like the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks, ect, will be improved teams I think, and no way in hell the Phins only win 2 games.
The same team that beat the Packers by 17 beat the 49ers a week later by a whopping 3 in overtime after a special teams gaffe. You're right: The Packers aren't in the same class as the 49ers.

You have my sympathy for last year: The Packers would have beaten the tar out of the Giants were it not for the family death of the offensive coordinator, and the 49ers defense would have had a tough time in Green Bay. But this is a new year. It's a time of optimism and of fresh starts. And right now, with the first round of free agency completed, the draft being done, and with minicamps in progress, the 49ers have much more reason for optimism than the Packers. Or the Giants. I'll take the 2012 49ers over the Packers in a Conference Title Game in San Francisco. The NFC North Packers will not be the number one seed this next year.

I would have let your difference of opinion about 49ers vs. Packers slide if you hadn't said, "They're not even in the same class as us." But it is true that your cheese is better than ours. I get some mailed to our California home during winter.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

oneforthethumb wrote:Most people will say without Ward, Aaron Smith and James Farrior the team is weaker but most people outside the Steelers fan base don't realize that Farrior has been on the decline since 09, Smith has barely played in the last 3 seasons and the defense didn't skip a beat without him and last year Ward was barely used anyways.
With those young, fast guys, it's nice to have them complemented by players who understand the importance of playing their role in the defense. Ward didn't want to play outside of Pittsburgh, but Smith and Farrior still have some tread left, and I can't imagine them not playing anymore. I think you underestimate the value of legitimate veteran talent.

Mendenhall can say what he wants about his recovery, but he was mediocre before his injury. He's not going to be 100% of what he was (not very special) in September. His competition in training camp is unproven.

I don't think the Steelers are awful by any means, and Suggs' recent injury makes a division title for the Steelers better than 'merely possible'. They are undeniably weakened by most of their recent cuts, and it's hard to know how well their developing talent will fill the vacuums left by what had once been top players at their positions.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

PhataLerror wrote:
oneforthethumb wrote:Most people will say without Ward, Aaron Smith and James Farrior the team is weaker but most people outside the Steelers fan base don't realize that Farrior has been on the decline since 09, Smith has barely played in the last 3 seasons and the defense didn't skip a beat without him and last year Ward was barely used anyways.
With those young, fast guys, it's nice to have them complemented by players who understand the importance of playing their role in the defense. Ward didn't want to play outside of Pittsburgh, but Smith and Farrior still have some tread left, and I can't imagine them not playing anymore. I think you underestimate the value of legitimate veteran talent.

Mendenhall can say what he wants about his recovery, but he was mediocre before his injury. He's not going to be 100% of what he was (not very special) in September. His competition in training camp is unproven.

I don't think the Steelers are awful by any means, and Suggs' recent injury makes a division title for the Steelers better than 'merely possible'. They are undeniably weakened by most of their recent cuts, and it's hard to know how well their developing talent will fill the vacuums left by what had once been top players at their positions.

The only one of the 3 that may have any ill effect on the team and that's the loss of Farrior but I don't think its a big loss. He was good at getting the players in position but last year he was on a reduced role. He split time with Larry Foote who will take over the starting job and he knows the defense inside and out.

Ward brought a veteran presence to the team and they feel that Jerricho Cotchery fills that void and serves as a #4 receiver who can be a #2 if they need it.

Smith has been injury proned since 09. The 08 season was his last full season. He hasn't completed more than 6 games in a season over the last 3 years. Ziggy Hood filled that void and he's expected to compete with Cameron Heyward for the left defensive end job. Aaron Smith has since retired.

On Mendenhall, he will start the season on the PUP list and isn't a guarantee to play in 2012 or ever again in a Steelers uniform for that matter. He under achieved last year but in '10 and '09 he recorded 1,300+ yards and 1,100+ yards respectively in those two seasons with 10+ TDs in each of those seasons. He was far from mediocre prior to 2011 but to his credit he's been running behind a trash O-line and dealing with Arians' pass heavy offense. Isaac Redman and the guys behind him can fill in nicely behind a revamped O-line.

The biggest question mark for the Steelers in my opinion is the status of Casey Hampton. He could start the season on the PUP list as well and I'm not sold on Steve McLendon as guy who can play nose tackle all game long and be effective. He's more of a pass rushing DE. If Alameda Ta'amu impresses he may earn some playing time but I wouldn't count on him playing much barring injury.

Madden NFL Series  > NFL Talk
Go to: