[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Hole Outs Question  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

Not counting the give me chip in around the green I'm talking 90 yards + are your hole outs from hitting the green and rolling forward and in or landing left or right and kicking sideways in using spin or are most from the roll backs from above the pin?

I get more from attacking the pin head on but have been increasing my roll back hole outs...Obviously most of the rollbacks are with my wedges. 155 yards and shorter.

75% straight on
25% roll backs.

I'm averaging -20 to -23 under a round and I'm trying to get better.

[Avatar]

Mostly I go Backdoor bur it depends on the green speed and elevation. Even on tournament greens I can get most clubs Backdoor.

mega8deth8 PSN
Caddykillaz!! CC (No more dramas, come get it)
Am/Tourn/Sim Player

[Avatar]

Never go in the backdoor, and then come out the front door... Bad luck. Old adultery proverb, haha.

Most hole outs I get are backdoor, unless it is a par 5 or long par 3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2012 17:40:09

[Avatar]

mega8deth8 wrote:I can get most clubs Backdoor.

I will just remain chivalrous and leave that comment alone.... That could so EASILY been commented upon....

Xbox 360: Chivalrous1
Country Club: Chivalry
CC Forums: http://chivalry.freeforums.org/
CC Info: http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/country-clubs/profile/360/7235
Wakka... Wakka... Wakka...

It's all up to the player's preference. There are more benefits to going front door but it just doesn't fit my eye therefore I chose to go backdoor. The good thing about going front door is that you can club up 2 or more clubs hit a smaller swing and really kill the wind. Not only does this drastically reduce the effect of the wind but it also reduces the effects of the phantom breaks. The only upside to going backdoor is that when you get the ball really close to the hole it is easier to maneuver it back than it is forward. When going front door plan on landing the ball more than 1 yd short. Backdoor try getting it less than 1 yard long. Another downside of backdoor is the dunk glitch, but don't let it discourage you.

How many feet to you guys adjust left or right for wind with a 0 reading. It still seems to move the ball some...

[Avatar]

jeffsplat wrote:How many feet to you guys adjust left or right for wind with a 0 reading. It still seems to move the ball some...

I play every 0w as a .5w I have found very few true 0ws.

mega8deth8 PSN
Am/Tourn/Sim Player

are you guys getting that natural roll back that just tracks into the hole or do you have to adjust the spin or add more power to the backspin? I make most of mine with some type of "extra" spin back or to the side.. I've made maybe 4 with just the natural roll back.

jeffsplat wrote:are you guys getting that natural roll back that just tracks into the hole or do you have to adjust the spin or add more power to the backspin? I make most of mine with some type of "extra" spin back or to the side.. I've made maybe 4 with just the natural roll back.

oh course you have to use the spin, if you didn't these guys would be holing out on TP and Tourney all the time.

[Avatar]

Echocrack wrote:
jeffsplat wrote:are you guys getting that natural roll back that just tracks into the hole or do you have to adjust the spin or add more power to the backspin? I make most of mine with some type of "extra" spin back or to the side.. I've made maybe 4 with just the natural roll back.

oh course you have to use the spin, if you didn't these guys would be holing out on TP and Tourney all the time.

and we would be oh great one if not for the "realistic" random landing

mega8deth8 PSN
Am/Tourn/Sim Player

haha, the random landing is like hitting the lottery...

The other day I double eagled on Tournament Difficulty in 12mph winds. Everyone was telling me it was a great shot and all, but I couldn't help thinking in the back of my head " You just hit the damn lottery".

I have 14 double eagles now, that was my first on Tournament. All the rest are on TP. I feel like the random landing on TP is minuscule compared to Tournament.

I still have yet to hit one on AM or Pro, I don't understand the ballspin thing. When I play Dailies on lower levels I find myself not using the spin, if I do I end up farther from the whole than I would have had I not touched the spin button.

Honestly though, random landing is pretty realistic in this game. You can pick any golfer in the world, and they would have "random landing".

Put a 5 gallon bucket 150 yards away. I can promise you that there's not a person in the world that could consistently land a ball in that bucket. Move it back to 200+ yards, and that ball is going to go in the bucket even less.

I understand why you guys are against the random landing, but you can't really call it unrealistic.

[Avatar]

It is unrealistic. If any golfer hit the perfect swing with the perfect set up then the ball would go in the bucket. That's what we do. Now the devs need to figure a way to NOT hit perfect swings on the upper modes and do away with random landing and variable winds. I can see a wind gusts, but winds in real life do nor go from 5-10-5-10mph within a few seconds consistently. Put in some freak gusts but the variable winds are unrealistic. I like TP this year and I have been finishing top 10 in most the tournys, but those 2 issues of luck keep me away more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2012 08:00:20

mega8deth8 PSN
Am/Tourn/Sim Player

When put like that, it makes sense. I just must be easier for them to program a little bit of random landing. I think with the hard and expert swing mechanics they were trying to make it harder to hit a perfect shot on the upper levels, but no matter what someone will master it. If not, someone will come up with some way to exploit it.
I guess you'll always have that in video games. It's way easier to have a perfect swing in a game compared to real life.

[Avatar]

Echocrack wrote:haha, the random landing is like hitting the lottery...
When I play Dailies on lower levels I find myself not using the spin, if I do I end up farther from the whole than I would have had I not touched the spin button.

You are probably lofting high and clubbing up. In the game 'almost' like in the real world doing so puts a ton more RPM of back spin on the ball ... it's 3-4x what a long iron or Driver imparts.
The result in TW is a thud, rarely any rollback (the almost like real world expires here).
If you want more action then put the ball closer to your back foot and on the lower levels raise the strike point a bit.
The 'game' logic seems to be backspin induced by a swing equals damping. Kind of BS but that's how it plays.

I still can't get past the wedge dynamics... nearly unaffected by winds and elevation (under 100yds) unrealistic low trajectory, massive forward rolls - Huh?
I try to play most holes from 150 yds out. But it's getting tiresome.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: