[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Scrabble Update FAQs  XML
Scrabble  > Support

Developer
[Avatar]

Hi SCRABBLE fans. You might have already noticed we’re making some changes to SCRABBLE on Facebook that we think will enhance your game experience, including a richer chat feature and the ability to connect and play more easily with friends. If you’ve received the new Beta update to your game on Facebook, you might still be adjusting to the layout. Below are FAQs for answers to some of your most pressing concerns. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, and stay tuned as we continue to make improvements and provide you with the best SCRABBLE experience possible.

Scrabble Update FAQs:
Q: I don’t see anything new about my SCRABBLE game on Facebook. Will my game be updated?
A: Currently, the new version of SCRABBLE on Facebook is in a Beta phase, which means we’ve only rolled it out to a small percentage of our fans. We’re working to fine-tune the game experience before updating the rest of the community. We’ll have more information to share regarding this soon.

Q: I’m finding the new game board interface tough to read. Is there anything being done about this?
A: We hear you and we’re currently working on improvements to the board’s color palette to make things “easier on the eyes” during longer play sessions. Please stay tuned for more developments and thank you for your patience as we make these adjustments.

Q: Help! Where can I find the Dictionary and Moves List?
A: Don’t worry, here’s how you find the Dictionary and Moves List. If your Chat Window is open, click the book with the “T” to open the dictionary. You’ll notice the tab behind “2 Letter Words” is the “Moves List”.

Q: Will players be able to enjoy SCRABBLE on Facebook with the original “look” again?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to maintain two “looks” of SCRABBLE on Facebook. But as we make improvements to the new SCRABBLE, we are focused on creating the best experience for everyone. Some of you are already seeing the improvements as we begin to make them available – like a richer chat feature and the ability to connect and play more easily with friends. However, we understand that some players would like the opportunity to customize their game board to suit their personal style. We are receiving this feedback and please look for updates in the following weeks on how we’ll make this happen for our players. Thanks again for your patience as we continue to work on the game. Remember, your feedback is always welcome, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to the word game we all know and love.

Q: Is the game team doing anything to improve the game load time?
A: Yes! As of May 30, we’ve made some dramatic improvements to both the load times and gameplay speed. Our development team is also working hard to further optimize functionality to deliver the smoothest, fastest SCRABBLE game to date.

Q: How can I turn off the new sounds?
A: Sounds can easily be turned off in the “Options” on the bottom left of your game screen.

Q: I’m frustrated by the number and frequency of ads in the game. Is there anything you can do to improve the game experience?
A: We hear you loud and clear. In an effort to improve your game experience, we’re lowered the frequency of ads. You should experience this change shortly. Thank you for your patience as we make this adjustment.

Q: The game doesn’t fit my computer screen. What can I do to fix this?
A: We actually increased the size of the board to provide you with a more enjoyable gameplay experience. If the game is not fitting on your computer screen, simply try maximizing your browser window to full-screen size by clicking the box in the upper right hand corner (on most browsers) or use the F11 key. You can also use the browser zooming feature:
- Ctrl + (zoom in)
- Ctrl - (zoom out)
- Ctrl 0 (set to 100%)

However, note that we are currently investigating issues some players are having with the Google Chrome browser. Stay tuned for more info.

Q: I want the rating feature back. Is this possible?
A: Yes! We’ve heard this feedback and have already brought the rating feature back. Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve the game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/2012 14:26:14

Visit us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ScrabbleEA
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/EAMobile
See all Scrabble versions - http://www.eamobile.com/scrabble/jumpgate/
[WWW]

so, you are aware that the dictionary is labeled with a "T." not sure what a thesaurus would do in Scrabble...

Developer
[Avatar]

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. You are not the first person to mention that the "T" on the dictionary seems odd. Our intent was that the "T" stand for "Tournament Word List", one of the dictionaries used in the game.

[WWW]

well, a book with a "T" on it is nearly universally recognized as meaning "thesaurus." if an in-game symbol displayed a raised middle finger and you said it meant I was number one, I wouldn't believe you.

[Avatar]

If your game is using the MW dictionary, then the book will have an M on it. I like that I can quickly see which dictionary a game is using without having to click on another tab.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/2012 22:51:32

[WWW]

Q: Will you please immediately remove the annoying popup windows that try to force players to invite friends who haven't installed the app? Everyone's response to this horrible feature is to either use popup blockers or just stop playing entirely.

[quote]"Q: I want the rating feature back. Is this possible?
A: Yes! We’ve heard this feedback and have already brought the rating feature back. Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve the game. "[/quote]

Ratings don't mean anything if you cannot set a range when creating or joining games. It is no fun (for either party) if an experienced player is paired with a novice. It's not challenging or interesting at all to play someone below your level, there's no point. And I am sure it doesn't feel good for the losing party to be beat by 200 points.

I am upset about all of the changes, the graphics, the dumbing down of the interface, the cheap ads and attempts to ilicit us to "send requests to friends" (which I cannot close or get around without a refresh). I am on the fence as to whether or not I want to continue playing with these changes but I am giving it some time.

I am not on the fence about setting parameters for games so that I can play with equally matched players. If that doesn't come back, I will delete the FB app because it will no longer be fun.

Developer
[Avatar]

Thank you for the feedback on our reimplementation of stats! We will pass this onto the team.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Currently, the new version of SCRABBLE on Facebook is in a Beta phase, which means we’ve only rolled it out to a small percentage of our fans

[Jon Lovitz mode]Yeah, we . . uh. . . intended it to be that way! Yeah--that's what we intended all right. Yeah. . . that's the ticket! [/mode]

For those chronologically-challenged who don't get the reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/06/2012 15:15:46

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head."
—Terry Pratchett

Totally agree with the T for dictionary as well as the popups. The latter is SUCH a waste of our time. Why speed up the game and then slow us down with popups?! Am about ready to quit altogether.

[Avatar]

Would like:
1) the ability to minimize 'Suggested Players' box (on left side) and ratings box (across bottom)
2) to move 'options/stats/refresh' tool from the bottom to closer to the top (or ability to move all the left side boxes around so i can choose where i want them to sit)
3) chat and dictionary to list newest to oldest (rather than oldest to newest)
4) remove or be able to turn off animation when playing a word. It's already in a brighter yellow and marked with the point score when complete. Animation is irritating.

Thank you.

I HOPE EA GAMES BURNS IN HELL!! For the past two weeks when I try to play Scrabble on Facebook through my PC at home I get a stupid error message that says "Warning! The browser you are using is not yet optimized for Scrabble. As a result, the game may not load properly. For the best play experience get the latest version of your browser, or download the latest version of Chrome or Firefox." You mean like Firefox 13.0.1 which I am currently using. Maybe you clowns are now only catering to Mac/iPad users. Or maybe you have a problem and are either to stupid, too lazy, or too uncaring to provide the casual user with an easy way to solve this problem. As I noted before, please burn in Hell.

Developers..... is there any idea yet how long before Scrabble is compatible again with the 4.0 Android Tablets that stopped working back in April 2012 when Android upgraded us to 4.0? (like my Sony Tablet S?) I've been told for 4 months now an update is coming!

I play on my Iphone and could care less about Facebook. When is my game going to start playing correctly? Games disappear from the menu list, win/losses are not posted, ranking not changed, completed games not correct or even close. No support from EA that is meaningful, that means chatting with an advisor so maybe to point me in the right direction. Emailing some computer that screwed it up in the first place is no substitute for a human. FIX IT!

[Avatar]

When is scoring going to resume? I find it's quite random...advanced a little one day, and now after ten wins not one point advance?

I love scrabble
Scrabble  > Support
Go to: