[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
FANTASY DRAFT in online Franchise - we need this for Madden 13 - REPLY HERE!  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Author Message




Joined: 09/11/2011 16:26:59
Messages: 9
Offline

A question some friends of mine have been having since the webcast yesterday was in this new "connected careers" mode can we still pick a team and do a fantasy draft with that team in an online league, like you can do in Madden 12?Towards the end of the webcast yesterday that Josh Looman (sp?) guy said something about no import draft class, which I'm fine with but then he said so no fantasy draft, so my friends and I got really upset and confused. If anybody can clear this up for me I'd be appreciative.


Moderator
[Avatar]
Joined: 04/08/2010 01:00:40
Messages: 1507
Location: Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Offline

gamerfreak1391 wrote:A question some friends of mine have been having since the webcast yesterday was in this new "connected careers" mode can we still pick a team and do a fantasy draft with that team in an online league, like you can do in Madden 12?Towards the end of the webcast yesterday that Josh Looman (sp?) guy said something about no import draft class, which I'm fine with but then he said so no fantasy draft, so my friends and I got really upset and confused. If anybody can clear this up for me I'd be appreciative.


You can not do fantasy draft on Online Connected Careers, not sure about offline. Personally, I enjoyed doing fantasy draft franchises but the far majority of Online Leagues done by fantasy draft didnt work.

But I understand if your upset they dont have it this year.


Apply to Become an EA SPORTS Game Changer here: http://bit.ly/bdfJEB
[Email]



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/21/2011 10:20:45
Messages: 134
Offline

xxDaMole00XX wrote:
gamerfreak1391 wrote:A question some friends of mine have been having since the webcast yesterday was in this new "connected careers" mode can we still pick a team and do a fantasy draft with that team in an online league, like you can do in Madden 12?Towards the end of the webcast yesterday that Josh Looman (sp?) guy said something about no import draft class, which I'm fine with but then he said so no fantasy draft, so my friends and I got really upset and confused. If anybody can clear this up for me I'd be appreciative.


You can not do fantasy draft on Online Connected Careers, not sure about offline. Personally, I enjoyed doing fantasy draft franchises but the far majority of Online Leagues done by fantasy draft didnt work.

But I understand if your upset they dont have it this year.


are u serious???/ no fantasy draft online franchise next year - this is INSANITY!

We have almost 700 guys in our Online Franchise Organization that SPECIALIZES IN FANTASY DRAFT LGS - and we are hugely successful - our flagship league is in SEASON 9 - wk 6 (we have a full 32 members - with a wait list - 22 original members who drafted their teams... particpation rates are 90% in madden season - and are still over 80% in offseason.... ) - we have other LGs that are equally successfully ranging from season 5 to 7 and an Updated Roster League that is in season 3- IN EVERY MEASURABLE WAY WE ARE A HUGE SUCCESS!!!

btw - we have been in existence and run these successful FANTASY DRAFTED LGs since online Franchise became available - we planned on having these LGs run FOREVER!

I cant believe that EA would give us the complete shaft and just END what we are doing - would they really do that?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/07/2012 09:28:08




GREENERRRR
The Madden Group!
The place to play FANTASY DRAFTED LGs
http://ps3maddengroup.com/



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/21/2011 10:20:45
Messages: 134
Offline

There will be no form of Fantasy Draft available (for Online LGs or Offline play) in Madden 13....

I am starting this thread now - to show EA SPORTS that their are plenty of guys that LOVE Fantasy Draft Onlinje Franchise (or whatever form online Franchise will be for Madden 13 - and they need to know how many people they are upsetting)

Maybe they will throw some man hours into a last minute patch - because u cant do this to our favorite way of playn madden!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/08/2012 06:20:44




GREENERRRR
The Madden Group!
The place to play FANTASY DRAFTED LGs
http://ps3maddengroup.com/




Joined: 12/26/2010 20:47:02
Messages: 306
Offline

I absolutely 100% agree with Greenerrr.

I run a site with over 30 online franchises, over 1000 members, and 90% of the successful leagues are fantasy Drafted.

I have no doubt there are tons of online franchises that aren't fantasy drafted, but they also likely don't have all 32 teams filled, and they likely don't last very long.

Fantasy Drafts allow all 32 owners, the opportunity to have equal teams, instead of starting with super loaded teams like the Packers vs teams that aren't like the Cardinals, Browns, Bills etc....

As a commissioner trying to keep an owner in the lower teams is a tough task, and often ends up with a CPU team for the majority of the seasons.

Sites like Xtreme-Football.net and maybe myleaguemanager hopefully can find a way to incorporate this if EA does not.


[WWW]




Joined: 07/18/2010 14:38:06
Messages: 87
Offline

Absolutely. This is an important aspect of the game. People like the fantasy of putting their own fingerprint on their franchise through fantasy draft.

The fantasy draft experience itself is what gamers flock to, just like traditional fantasy football. Please make this a priority!




Joined: 07/18/2010 14:38:06
Messages: 87
Offline

I looked at this year's Madden as the Madden of all Madden's based on the new features and improvements...until I saw this news.

This doesn't simply cause an adjustment process on our parts, it absolutely KILLS the feature all-together.

Remember, it is very easy to create a non-drafted league by simply clicking a few buttons and there you have it. As Fr8train said, most don't last.

Fantasy draft leagues requires a couple of hours to begin so people are not as likely to just create a league for kicks just to have it fall apart in 10 days.




Joined: 12/26/2010 20:47:02
Messages: 306
Offline

I'll be forwarding this to all 1100+ of my members, as this is an absolute must.

Fantasy Drafts puts equality in every online franchise. Standard Rosters starts with the haves and the have nots.
Fantasy Drafts is a MUST HAVE FEATURE.

Things i can sacrifice
- I don't need new digitization of blades of grass, or stains
- Crowd interactions....frankly I don't care if they all do the same thing, I'm about the game play.
- Cut Screens.. Seriously, after watching it the first time, does anyone NOT skip these?
- Extended Injuries... really, we've lived with every injury is a broken collarbone, why change it now?
- CPU trading... completely defeats the purpose of an online franchise, as online players know
the OVR rating system doesn't work.
- Twitter/Facebook functionality - This is a nice extra, but not on the line of Fantasy Draft

I'm sure there are a lot more...I'm just dumb founded by the decision to take out one of the main reasons people play in online franchises.


[WWW]



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/21/2011 10:20:45
Messages: 134
Offline

Fr8TrainShane wrote:I'll be forwarding this to all 1100+ of my members, as this is an absolute must.

Fantasy Drafts puts equality in every online franchise. Standard Rosters starts with the haves and the have nots.
Fantasy Drafts is a MUST HAVE FEATURE.

Things i can sacrifice
- I don't need new digitization of blades of grass, or stains
- Crowd interactions....frankly I don't care if they all do the same thing, I'm about the game play.
- Cut Screens.. Seriously, after watching it the first time, does anyone NOT skip these?
- Extended Injuries... really, we've lived with every injury is a broken collarbone, why change it now?
- CPU trading... completely defeats the purpose of an online franchise, as online players know
the OVR rating system doesn't work.
- Twitter/Facebook functionality - This is a nice extra, but not on the line of Fantasy Draft

I'm sure there are a lot more...I'm just dumb founded by the decision to take out one of the main reasons people play in online franchises.


well said shane - and i couldnt agree more - EA spends countless hours on the things that DONT EFFECT THE GAME - like fans sINGing the Redskins fight song or showing the starting QB walking off the bus prior the game - take some programmers away from that NON ESSENTIAL stuff and put they effortS where it matters - LIKE HAVING FANTASY DRAFT ONLINE FRANCHISE FORM OF PLAY!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2012 09:34:43




GREENERRRR
The Madden Group!
The place to play FANTASY DRAFTED LGs
http://ps3maddengroup.com/




Joined: 10/30/2010 10:45:04
Messages: 18
Offline

The online fantasy draft is the only reason I buy the game, this definitely needs to be included.




Joined: 08/04/2011 00:16:59
Messages: 65
Offline

Ok I run the Madden LG Alliance and we are a 4 lg community of stock roster teams... so we dont use the fantasy draft feature... BUT EVEN I KNOW THAT THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL TO THE CONTINUATION OF MADDEN ONLINE FRANCHISES! We are teamed and and represent Madden Sim Leagues as their only real premier Stock roster lgs! Everything else there is fantasy drafted and unless you want to ruin what you have built (which isnt much, and you seem to enjoy giving then taking features away) then I would suggest getting this act together before the main show starts!

Thats my 2 cents and support... coming from someone who could care less about the feature. GL Shane hope you get what I know MSL so desperately needs!

Broom

Commish - MLA




Joined: 05/11/2012 16:27:11
Messages: 55
Offline

ok listen i understand where you're comin from but they said they wont put it in cuz its not ready yet, more man hours? possible but they need to fix all the glitches they have in the game now. there more worried bout the quality of features not quantity.




Joined: 06/08/2008 14:47:42
Messages: 746
Offline

Yeah... I knew this was going to upset some folks. I don't even know why EA thought it would be OK to remove it without causing an uproar. They definitely need to try to put it back in unless they have good reason for taking it out.



[Avatar]
Joined: 06/10/2011 19:07:48
Messages: 473
Location: Florida
Offline

ONLINE FANTASY DRAFT FANTASY DRAFT SHOULD DEFINITELY BE IN THE GAME..\

Fantasy drafts are an integral part of Madden NFL Online Franchise mode and should not be removed from M13..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2012 10:01:41


TwitchTV LIVE PlayStation4 Feed:
http://www.twitch.tv/jedi_capricorn

[Email] [WWW]




Joined: 06/07/2012 11:57:52
Messages: 9
Offline

Fantasy draft is a 100% must have. It allows online leagues to start with 32 players all on equal footing. It's ridiculous that this is even a topic of discussion.

(on a side note - Greenerrr and Shane are agreeing on something and teaming up - wow)
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: