[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
NO REFUNDS: Default purchase for points @ $59.99, unneccessary and wrong  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion

My son accidentally bought the 8,500 points package for $59.99 thinking it was the one i authorised him to buy, the 1,000 points package for $9.99, he immediately contacted live chat. The person at EA was happy to revoke the purchase and service of 8,500 points but the transaction was still in processing, so he/she said. Then he contacted them this morning and they told him "No Tolerance for erroneous purchases, No Refunds".

This is ridiculous, why would you set a default on your purchase page for the maximum amount of money if you are not a greedy little worm of a company? So sad i told the man i will just put a stop on the charge, and i know they will delete my account but seriously, we even bought the game on origin; Yes, the same game that is available for free online. We simply appreciate the game, since TW '08. Points are now only realistically had by buying them, as earning a mere 250 points to buy a driver will take a month.

Too bad EA, you could have been the company we loved since NHLPA on Sega.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/07/2012 09:44:49

Try calling Xbox Support and tell them your son made an unauthorized purchase with your MS points. They may make you jump thru some hoops (verification/waiting time for refund) but you should be able to get that back.

Ballbangers CC on PS3
Pro Mode/Tour Pro based Club Tourneys
Come join us!!!

I believe he is talking about the PC Version of the game.... Not Xbox....

That would then be an EA issue and that is terrible customer service...

Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, and feedback.. To join go there and request a spot.......

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

[x3c wrote:Limerick]My son accidentally bought the 8,500 points package for $59.99 thinking it was the one i authorised him to buy, the 1,000 points package for $9.99, he immediately contacted live chat. The person at EA was happy to revoke the purchase and service of 8,500 points but the transaction was still in processing, so he/she said. Then he contacted them this morning and they told him "No Tolerance for erroneous purchases, No Refunds".

This is ridiculous, why would you set a default on your purchase page for the maximum amount of money if you are not a greedy little worm of a company? So sad i told the man i will just put a stop on the charge, and i know they will delete my account but seriously, we even bought the game on origin; Yes, the same game that is available for free online. We simply appreciate the game, since TW '08. Points are now only realistically had by buying them, as earning a mere 250 points to buy a driver will take a month.

Too bad EA, you could have been the company we loved since NHLPA on Sega.

Are you referring to the PC version of TW?

He said points so I immediately thought MS points lol.

Ballbangers CC on PS3
Pro Mode/Tour Pro based Club Tourneys
Come join us!!!

Yes, but he mentioned The free version from Origin... That would be PC and the prices for points do not indicate MS points..... So has to be PC...

Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, and feedback.. To join go there and request a spot.......

Yes in-game points... i did mention origin, but i don't know if that is available on consoles, the General Discussion is labelled as console-only, i didn't see that when i entered, sorry. It is PC Version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2012 09:14:37

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Moving to the proper forum.....

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Scotty Cameron 38" Dual Balanced GOLO 7 Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

any reason why shady business practices do not allow refunds on easily manageable points and credit systems?

my son had the points in his account to be removed, all they had to do was some profile management. EA is a big company, they could have done that for me.

I will be sticking with TW 2006, with all the courses it offers from user-created courses, and as a graphics designer myself, i will have endless hours of fun making a plethora of new courses that suit any desire for gameplay i wish.

Thanks but no Thanks EA, I'm done with new Tiger Woods and all other games, Even Medal of Honor WarFighter is waiting in the bargain bin until i purchase it.

Why be so Shysty?

[edit] I didn't realize changing Origin ID also changed EA forum ID persona too, this is x3c_Limerick.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/04/2012 16:08:33

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion
Go to: