[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
This sounds good.  XML
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Since someone already posted this information, I thought I would give an update on the studio. The game is being produced and developed at EAC (Burnaby Studio near Vancouver, BC, Canada). This is the same studio which produces games like FIFA, NHL, Fight Night, Mass Effect and Need for Speed.

EAC is super excited for the UFC game. I took pictures of the entrance of the UFC production area.

The whole production and engineer team will be taking BJJ and MMA classes aswell. We have a guy coming in to show the fundamentals once a week at our gym.

I can also confirm that the production and software team for this game is atleast 10x the size and skill of the EA MMA team. We didn't put much into the EA MMA game due to it being a test of what we could accomplish against a big name game like UFC Undisputed. We are going all in now with the new UFC game.

Good stuff!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/22/2012 12:27:07

[Avatar]

Yari wrote:
The whole production and engineer team will be taking BJJ and MMA classes aswell. We have a guy coming in to show the fundamentals once a week at our gym.

I can also confirm that the production and software team for this game is atleast 10x the size and skill of the EA MMA team. We didn't put much into the EA MMA game due to it being a test of what we could accomplish against a big name game like UFC Undisputed. We are going all in now with the new UFC game.

Does this make anyone else mad to hear? They still charged full price for a half-assed game.

[Avatar]

fishingtime wrote:
Yari wrote:

Does this make anyone else mad to hear? They still charged full price for a half-assed game.
It makes me annoyed but not really mad. You could see it with how poorly they had the footwork from the very beginning.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Why would it make me mad? They had no license, do you really expect a company like EA to jump in with both feet into a title that is very questionable as far as succes goes.

EA MMA was worth every cent to me.

Besides if that is what they do with small budget I am very impressed, because it kicked the * out of 2010. Imagine a real budget. BTW Fish, why would it make you mad? You didnt even want EA MMA. Even if they had a big budget you still wouldnt have bought of because of the control scheme.

@Greg, the footwork had to do with the engine not correctly connecting feet toward the ground. It was apparently something they had to live with in order to work with that engine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/22/2012 13:05:00

[Avatar]

Awesome! This shows me that they are dedicated and that alone makes me feel good about this game. EA is winning my trust

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/22/2012 13:23:04

[WWW]

[Avatar]

Good post yari. Definately good to hear. Hopefully they wont stop there and make sure to schedule meetings with the fighters to get all of the animations and gameplay mechanics to look abd feel right and I dont mean fighters who wont complain bcuz theyre just glad to be in the game. I'm talking fighters who will nitpick like us.

Check this league out -----> http://omma.forumotion.com/

[Avatar]

Awwww

So happy to hear this

I trust you EA !

[Avatar]

fishingtime wrote:
Yari wrote:

I see it as an attempt to save face over a product that did not do so well, so they don't carry that stigma to the new game.

Anyways, it seems like the team is excited for this game. Lookin forward to it.

"The whole production and engineer team will be taking BJJ and MMA classes aswell. We have a guy coming in to show the fundamentals once a week at our gym. "

What!? Can the news get any better from this? The respect and trust really increased now towards the EAC dev team!

Awesome! I want to jump high and scream! And listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwP04-diHtc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/22/2012 15:29:28

[/center]

[Avatar]

Yari wrote: BTW Fish, why would it make you mad? You didnt even want EA MMA. Even if they had a big budget you still wouldnt have bought of because of the control scheme.
So the thought of companies putting out a product that took little effort, but they still charge full price is okay to you? I'm not talking about just EA MMA. I'm talking about the gaming industry in general. Seeing them admit to it just burns my hide. No, I didn't buy it, but that isn't the point. How many other games are they and other companies willing to half-* just to profit?

[Avatar]

Wait, Yari you got to go in there???? Those are your photos?

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Good info Yari!

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

fishingtime wrote:So the thought of companies putting out a product that took little effort, but they still charge full price is okay to you? I'm not talking about just EA MMA. I'm talking about the gaming industry in general. Seeing them admit to it just burns my hide. No, I didn't buy it, but that isn't the point. How many other games are they and other companies willing to half-* just to profit?

Well I am only going to discuss EA MMA here because every games has its own story, and I guess it wouldnt be right for me to discuss games I know nothing about.

EA MMA has been in development from 2007 untill 2010. More than enough to warrant a pricetag of 60$ in my books. You could go argue Undisputed not being worth your 60$ because thats maybe a full game, but it never works like it is supposed to. I never had that problem with EA MMA.

@ChoppedandGlued, no I don't get to go in there. I damn wish I could. I found this info on the internets, and I am stalking EA Canada employees on Twitter.

[Avatar]

Yari wrote:
Well I am only going to discuss EA MMA here because every games has its own story, and I guess it wouldnt be right for me to discuss games I know nothing about.
They admitted it. Did you not just read your own post?

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

fishingtime wrote:They admitted it. Did you not just read your own post?

They admitted their game was, as you called it: "half-assed"? No, they said the resources and thus, the development team was much smaller. Want to talk half-assed, meet Supremacy MMA. That is half-assed. And 60$. EA MMA was a solid game. If EA was going to half-* a game they wouldnt come with innovative features such as Live Broadcast and Fight Cards.

EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games
Go to: