[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
My account got hacked and Origin Support refuses to help me return it[SOLVED]  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

So a couple of hours ago i came back home, checked my e-mail and discovered a letter from Origin stating that e-mail for my Origin account was succesfully changed. I tried to log in with my usual e-mail and password, but it didn't work. Then i created this current account i am writing from to contact support via live chat. They reqested cd-key of a game on my hacked account, it's old e-mail and my date of birth.... I was shocked when advisor said that my date of birth is wrong. This just can't be right, because my date of birth is my date of birth and me is me, how could my date of birth be different from what i know??? I told advisor about that and then he refused to continue solving my issue, because "your account was not verificated or something". I asked him if i can get back my account if i provide additional information, like transaction ID's and dates, payment method, more games CD-keys, but he replied negative... I din't hate you EA, i liked free Mass Effect 3 updates, i protected you when someone said "Origin is s**t", but now i am going to agree with them, because you don't care about your customers.

There MUST be ERROR in your database, or IT WAS HACKED or i simply made a mistake entering date of birth during registration, but letting the hacker just feel free to use/resell my account whith games for which i payed money when i still can provide you TONS of information is spitting in my face.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/24/2012 13:17:45

[Avatar]

You could have entered the wrong birthday when you signed up? Otherwise try contacting EA by phone or email, they tend to be very helpful on those channels in my experience.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi GenoardX ,

I think the best way is to visit help.origin.com. A live advisor will assist your problem.
If you still have the same issue, please post back.
[WWW]

Did you read what i written? I contacted live advisor 3 times- they all said that my birthday doesn't match and refused to continue helping. EA support phone number for my country(Russia) doesn't work.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi GenoardX ,

PM your origin ID,email,date,let me help you solve this issue.

Thanks.
[WWW]

Developer
[Avatar]

GenoardX wrote:I asked him if i can get back my account if i provide additional information, like transaction ID's and dates, payment method, more games CD-keys, but he replied negative...

Hello,

We can use that information to recover your account, usually you would need to email or phone support about it since they would would know the procedure and details on where to send the information.

If you can get your bank to print out a copy of the transaction, they can sign and stamp it for you as proof, works rather well in situations like this.

EDIT: Looks like EA_Support is going to handle this

GenoardX wrote:letting the hacker just feel free to use/resell my account whith games for which i payed money when i still can provide you TONS of information is spitting in my face.

Reguardless of what the hacker does with your account, it won't go far, it'll still be here ready and waiting for you to recover. Post back if you need any assistance and we'll lodge a case for follow up by our security team.

Hope it helps
dmex

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/24/2012 07:16:05

Sent a PM to [i]EA_OriginSupport[/i].

The method with bank sounds nice, but i live in Russia and whole proccess of sending documents on paper may take weeks because your local division's(russian EA support) phone number doesn't work.

That's funny. All i got from PM was [quote]Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.[/quote] I READ WHAT I WROTE BEFORE HERE PLEASE.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi GenoardX ,

I get your PM info,now i have create a ticket for your issue,if get new info,we will update here or email to you,please wait.

Thanks.
[WWW]

Thanks to Executive Customer Relations Thomas(not sure if he is EA_OneLetter, who i PM'ed here on forums after dmex's advice) i am happy to have my account back now.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi GenoardX,

Thanks for your feedback.

Wish you a pleasant game.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Hi

I'm in the exact situation you were GenoardX, someone hacked into my account and customer service won't help me because my date of birth does not match with the one they have. Went to help.origin.com twice in one of the times i even answered some questions regarding fifa 13 ultimate team (which i rarely play) and details of my bf3 to verify my identity and even struggling to remember everything i was able to provide most of the info and they still would not help me due to the date of birth thing even though i gave them very specific details that no one has access to like you i offered to send them any game transactions. The strangest thing is i've never had any problems with my Date of birth when trying to change my id with an advisor. i've emailed ea, ive went to help.origin.com and now the only thing left to try is calling them.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: