[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin update breaks origin on windows 7 64bit  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

I was playing the game and found it odd that I was unable to get anyone to join a match so I restarted ME3 and Origin. Origin did and update and this is now the message I get when trying to run Origin.

Error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

After a few minutes after this message origin.exe gets deleted or is missing and will not load.

I talked with chat tech support and they say this is a known issue. Anyone else having this issue? I have searched the net and have not found any other people with this error.

[quote=Lord_Kife]I was playing the game and found it odd that I was unable to get anyone to join a match so I restarted ME3 and Origin. Origin did and update and this is now the message I get when trying to run Origin.

Error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

After a few minutes after this message origin.exe gets deleted or is missing and will not load.

I talked with chat tech support and they say this is a known issue. Anyone else having this issue? I have searched the net and have not found any other people with this error.[/quote]

For whatever reason origin.exe showed back up and running it loaded origin. Very weird.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi Lord_Kife ,

Did you have try installed latested origin(version:9.0.2)??

Thanks.
[WWW]

This happens to me every single time Origin will Update itself for no reason since one year.

I really believe you have the worst programmers on the whole planet. It's like bringin' your car to the shop for new rims and get it back with a blown engine.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi MassEffect2_818580763581,

Could you please refer this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-gaming/error-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device/94613e6a-222c-4d23-b336-2695d410b829

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: