[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
*FIXED* Command & Conquer 'invalid serial number' error  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

I've recently bought "Command and Conquer The First Decade". I've installed all games, all of them are running properly but there seems to be an issue with the multiplayer. Zero Hour gives an invalid serial number immediately after creating an account and returns to main menu.
I'm quite aggravated as I paid for the copy. Any help will be much appreciated.

[edit]
Generals has the same problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/2012 10:12:47

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

You should go to help.ea.com/contact-us. They should be able to help you with this.

In the first field enter 'C&C Generals' (The First Decade Pack isn't listed).

In the second field select 'Account/Registration'

Click 'Email Me'

Hope this helps.

SNC

I've found the solution. Please make this thread a top thread as there are many people out there having this same problem.

Solution(WinVista/7/XP32bit) Zero Hour:
-- Click start->Run->regedit.exe
-- migrate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\EA games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ergc
-- there should be a key (Default) and an alphanumeric value to the right in the form of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20 alphanumeric characters).
That is the CD-key. Note that the value is continuous. Insert "-"(with no quotes between each group of 4 characters in a similar way that appears on the box/reader's manual). The key now should look like this:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
-- run the game and you should be fine

Solution(WinVista/7/XP32bit) Generals:
-- Click start->Run->regedit.exe
-- migrate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\EA games\Generals\ergc
-- there should be a key (Default) and an alphanumeric value to the right in the form of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(22 alphanumeric characters)
That is the CD-key. Note that the value is continuous. Insert "-"(with no quotes) as follows
XXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXX(groups of 4-7-7-4 characters)
in a similar way that appears on the box/reader's manual).

Solution(Win7/Vista64bits):
-- similar to the previous solutions but you have to migrate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node

and look for your registry keys there.

!!!!! NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU'VE INSTALLED THE GAMES USING THE DEFAULT INSTALLATION PATH !!!!!

If you've managed to get the multiplayer working you might also want to install the latest community patch in order to run the game without the CD. The patch can be found here:
http://cnp.cncnz.com/tfd/#.UCPTfWjE18E

!!!!! THE PATCH ONLY WORKS IF YOU'VE INSTALLED THE GAMES USING THE DEFAULT INSTALLATION PATH !!!!!

In order to play online you also need to patch the game. For Zero Hour take a look at:
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/generals/generalszh/DownloadablePatches/

You can also download generals latest official patch. If you try to join a multiplayer custom game and running windows Vista/7 you may encounter a failed to join room error. Exit game go to game launcher directory and run generals.exe as admin.
Make sure you create a firewall exception as well.

You're welcome

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/14/2012 12:31:51

tried all the bull crap doesn't work. and it would help if ea's crap support area actually worked i type in generals and it pops up small quick load and nothing happens cant live chat, email, or anything, called ea's support number in manual if it not the 7 games on their phone line it auto disconnects you and tell you to go to website what kinda stupid idiot runs your support sections, really disappointed like how hard is it to make a small * patch or something to get zero hour multiplayer to work seriously loootsss of people still play/ wanna play but cant make a simple fix.

anyway i need help with my "invalid serial" from zero hour, me and my buddy both bought a fresh copy hoping to play ZH online and nope ea butt hurt us bad.

ive literally tried every god damn solutions known to man.

Jeez EA get it together.

YOU knew about this error AND STILL released CNC ultimate edition with the same issues. Why do I keep getting booted? You should be kissing my feet I own three copies of Zero Hour and bought the ultimate edition purely for a BETA key. Thought I'd login into my old account but of course not.

A brand new game apparently has an 'invalid serial' what can be done? I swear you've got an Origin store specially for Aussie and that means you have to follow our laws I didn't get what I payed for and I am pretty sure that Trades Practices Act 1974 said I should of.
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: