[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Windows 8 compatiblity  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

Sims Medieval does not work with Windows 8. Purchased the digital download and it installed fine as well as patched. The launcher starts fine but when you click play it does not go to the game. If you open the task manager you can see that it is running a background task but nothing shows up when you Alt-Tab. Tried it in various compatibility modes as well as running as Admin with no change.
I am sure you guys know all about this and have a patch ready to go so I know a few of us are looking forward to it now and many more will be needing it in October. Please get it out soon so I don't have to boot into Vista just to play.

Update

Uninstalled and done a fresh reinstall of the game. Started up and ran fine so I went ahead and let it download the update. After the update installed, the game stopped working as I listed in the above post. Can't install the expansion without the update installed and the game wont play with it.

Some response from EA would be great.

If you want more info, you'll have to contact EA customer support. They haven't been here to comment in a very long time. Supposedly they still read it, but that's only what customer support says, not anything we can confirm.

I talked with tech support and they said to post here.

So I done a fresh install again and tracked down the individual patches, EA does not make that easy. 1.1 worked fine as did 1.3. It is the 2.0 patch that causes it not to work. After looking around I found a patch/crack that works called The Sims: Medieval Ultimate fix and can be downloaded from http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems. The game starts up fine now.

That is bull, and reinforces the Anti-DRM argument, how is it that pirates have a better time actually getting games to work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/02/2013 03:15:01

Chances are the reason you got no response from EA was because they've left Sims Medieval for dead. No more updates or patches are going to be coming out.

[quote=tanithis]I talked with tech support and they said to post here.

So I done a fresh install again and tracked down the individual patches, EA does not make that easy. 1.1 worked fine as did 1.3. It is the 2.0 patch that causes it not to work. After looking around I found a patch/crack that works called The Sims: Medieval Ultimate fix and can be downloaded from [url]http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems[/url]. The game starts up fine now.[/quote]

I know this was a while ago but I just redownloaded the medieval game on my computer, and I can't figure out how to install this patch. =[ help please??

[quote=darth3pio]That is bull, and reinforces the Anti-DRM argument, how is it that pirates have a better time actually getting games to work?[/quote]

I have bought both: the game and the expansion (and I bought the expansion for 20 euros just two hours ago!). And EA doesn't do its work and doesn't update it. I've payed and I want my games to work. If a "pirate" crack makes my game works, I still have payed for them and I still own legal copies THAT DON'T work!

IF and WHEN EA update Medieval and Nobles & Pirates patch to work in Windows 8, then I will gladly update my game to a "legal" status again.

So thank you SO MUCH Tanithis for the link.

For Talia44:

go to the page http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems , download the first patch (not the beta one) and unzip it. Read the instructions and do precisely as it is stated there. It works fine with me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/2013 10:15:54

I am usually wary of downloading from any source that I don't know, but I admit that being a Sims nut pushed me for a fix to this problem. It worked! I scanned the downloaded files for any malware or viruses and it was clean! Thank you so so so times a million plus a force-field much!

I downloaded the patch and have followed the directions through but the patch didn't have the "rld.dll" file. Did anyone else experience this??

I really wish we didn't have to go to all this trouble. EA really failed us on this.

I found a way to get it to work without installing the patch! Go to this site: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility/

Tip: Install origin. You can't get the game without it. Also you have to register the game on the Sims 3 site. And if you have the digital version, don't copy and paste the whole code, because it adds the little dash things and it kinda messes it up... Ha ha found that out the hard way.

KittylikesCows wrote:I found a way to get it to work without installing the patch! Go to this site: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility/

Tip: Install origin. You can't get the game without it. Also you have to register the game on the Sims 3 site. And if you have the digital version, don't copy and paste the whole code, because it adds the little dash things and it kinda messes it up... Ha ha found that out the hard way.

Forgot to add, you can install the new patch. And I meant without installing the mod, not patch

KittylikesCows wrote:
KittylikesCows wrote:I found a way to get it to work without installing the patch! Go to this site: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility/

Forgot to add, you can install the new patch. And I meant without installing the mod, not patch

please please I need help with this. I found the link for ea article and follow what it said.When I tried to redeem the code over at the Origin client, it redirected me to the sims 3 website and I registered the code. Now what?I still can´t download the game. I tried to redeem the code for the pirates and nobles expansion and apparently it works. But what abut the main game? where do I get it ? this shouldntbe this hard, I feel cheated.
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: