[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Adding EA games to Origin  XML
Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions

makes no sense why we can't register our old ea games...

Developer
[Avatar]

XPHSTOS29 wrote:Bottom line ... TIBERIUM WARS was registered in an account i cannot access anymore and i dont know if there is a way to connect my two email accounts on EA or Origin .
So i'm stuck here with an emty box an a book with the serial on the back until i loose it.

@XPHSTOS29

You can recover your old account, Please visit http://support.ea.com and select `Contact Us'. Be sure to include the following information in your ticket;

1. E-mail and Persona's associated with your EA account.
2. The Date Of Birth on the EA account.
3. EA title (Tiberium Wars).
4. EA title registration code.

postewar wrote:All the above FAILs for the retail copy of The Saboteur. A game that can be bought and downloaded digitally through ORIGIN.

@postewar

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with The Saboteur and other pre-origin EA titles. As some of you may know, some older titles must be activated in a separate manner then newer EA titles, below are two FAQ's pertaining to this specific issue.

Can I redeem my physical serial key in Origin? http://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Origin Code Redemption FAQ - https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

If your issue persists after performing the steps above please visit http://support.ea.com and select `Contact Us'. Be sure to include the following information in your petition;

3. EA title your experiencing issues with.

Please post back with any other questions regarding this issue.

dmex

dmex wrote:

@postewar

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with The Saboteur and other pre-origin EA titles. As some of you may know, some older titles must be activated in a separate manner then newer EA titles, below are two FAQ's pertaining to this specific issue.

Can I redeem my physical serial key in Origin? http://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Origin Code Redemption FAQ - https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

If your issue persists after performing the steps above please visit http://support.ea.com and select `Contact Us'. Be sure to include the following information in your petition;

3. EA title your experiencing issues with.

Please post back with any other questions regarding this issue.

dmex

@ dmex Thank You.

More fail, it seems. Never mind my retail copy not registering for a moment, "The Saboteur" is not even supported digitally? And people can't even speak to a game adviser for the game?
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8583/eafail.jpg
You see..."There are no products found for “The Saboteur”."

That must be a developer error? Surely they would not still sell these products digital without proper customer support. So if someone purchased this product digitally from ORIGIN and they needed help from a EA Game Advisor , guess what? They get the same message. "There are no products found for “The Saboteur”."

Well, would we more than likely get the "Sorry, there are no Advisors available at this time. Please try again later." anyway like the rest of the products if it were found? Probably.

And I am, or, we are led to believe that a blind customer email shouts out to http://support.ea.com will get fast results without the typical e-mail support run around? I doubt it. Besides I thought we were never to give out our product codes in such a way.

I see you are just a developer, and are trying to help out in here, and that's great, but you really, really, really, really, (yes I'm pleading and begging an EA employee ) need to emphasize to your employer, bosses, higher ups, suits, http://aboutus.ea.com/executive-sectionofficers.action for better customer support for all the products still on the market that they still sell, because the above scenario for any product new or old is absolutely ridiculous and no way to run legitimate business and CS. You guys want people to take EA and ORIGIN, seriously, fix it, now, or continue to still look like a big joke into 2012.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/01/2012 23:05:45

Developer
[Avatar]

postewar wrote:@ dmex Thank You.

You see..."There are no products found for “The Saboteur”."

That must be a developer error? Surely they would not still sell these products digital without proper customer support. So if someone purchased this product digitally from ORIGIN and they needed help from a EA Game Advisor , guess what? They get the same message. "There are no products found for “The Saboteur”."

Well, would we more than likely get the "Sorry, there are no Advisors available at this time. Please try again later." anyway like the rest of the products if it were found? Probably.

@postewar

There is a problem with how the support site lists products, I usually just enter another product such as Battlefield 3 to get the options of lodging a ticket

dmex

[Avatar]

i got a question can i add the sims 2 to my origin account ? i got the dvd boxset and was just wondering...

I finally managed to add some of my EA games to my Origin account (such as Mass Effect 1 and Crysis Warhead/Wars) by using the link provided in the FAQ. (https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do)
I didn't work before, so it's a pretty good thing it does now.

However, this link now says that my CD keys of Crysis 1 and Medal of Honor Airborne are "already used". What is more, attempting to register Mercenaries 2, always via this link, leads to this error :

We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later

Since EA support livechat is absolutely unreachable, what can I do ?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/04/2012 08:07:42

Since there is already a thread, I guess I might as well use it.

I recently decided to try Origin and register as many of my EA games as I can. I had no trouble registering some games within the client (Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate, Dead Space 2, Red Alert 3, and Shank), and some required me to use the activate.ea.com website but appeared correctly in my account after that (Dead Space and Crysis Warhead/Wars). Mass Effect got accepted on activate.ea.com but did not appear in my account, despite receiving an email confirming the activation, but sending a ticket to EA support solved it within a couple of hours — quality customer service, there.

Now, my problem is that I have three games I'd like to move to Origin as well but am unable to right now. The first is Crysis, for which the key isn't accepted on activate.ea.com. I imagine I could contact EA support again for that one, though maybe one of the staff members reading this forum could help.

The other two games are a bit more delicate. I purchased Mirror's Edge and Red Alert 3: Uprising on Steam some time ago, but these give no key, even in the registry. I could prove I own the games by sending screenshots of my steam games list and/or copies of the emails I received when I purchased them, but I'm not even sure I am eligible to get these games redeemed on Origin, though people who bought these games from other sources, which gave them a key, were able to redeem them.

Getting these games on Origin isn't of great importance, but it would be very convenient to have all my EA games in one place since I like the Origin service, and in Mirror's Edge case that means I could get the DLC maps for it — I guess that if I had to chose to have only of these three activated on Origin, it would be Mirror's Edge.

Can anyone help me, or should I contact EA support, or should I simply not bother as there is no hope this would happen? Thanks in advance.

Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God!

Gragt wrote:Since there is already a thread, I guess I might as well use it.

The other two games are a bit more delicate. I purchased Mirror's Edge and Red Alert 3: Uprising on Steam some time ago, but these give no key, even in the registry. I could prove I own the games by sending screenshots of my steam games list and/or copies of the emails I received when I purchased them, but I'm not even sure I am eligible to get these games redeemed on Origin, though people who bought these games from other sources, which gave them a key, were able to redeem them.

Getting these games on Origin isn't of great importance, but it would be very convenient to have all my EA games in one place since I like the Origin service, and in Mirror's Edge case that means I could get the DLC maps for it — I guess that if I had to chose to have only of these three activated on Origin, it would be Mirror's Edge.

Can anyone help me, or should I contact EA support, or should I simply not bother as there is no hope this would happen? Thanks in advance.

I believe I read somewhere that you can't register the Steam version of Mirrors Edge into Origin since as you have seen there is no CD key available in the Steam version of the game. Haven't heard anything about Uprising.

Update:

Found this on the Steam forums

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2184802

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/06/2012 13:46:31

Doesn't sound promising but it appears some managed to get a key from EA. Ah well, we'll see. Thanks.

Well, I opened a ticket to get Crysis added to my Origin account — happened without a hitch — and asked nicely if I could get Mirror's Edge and Red Alert 3: Uprising added as well, explaining the Steam situation. I got a reply asking if I could send proof I purchased the games, to which I sent screenshots of the emails I received from Steam when I purchased them, as well as picture of my Steam account featuring the games, and I got Mirror's Edge added. Did not get RA3:U, maybe because I already got RA3 on Origin or maybe it was an oversight, but I'm quite happy since ME was mostly the one I wanted to be added. I may open another ticket later for RA3:U, but that'd be mostly for the sake of having all my EA games on Origin.

Pretty good support, there!

I have crysis maximum edition keys that i bought from amazon
Will they work on Origin? Do i have to use the activation link or can they be redeemed directly on the Origin Client?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2012 18:44:11

ROUBAGALINHAS wrote:I have crysis maximum edition keys that i bought from amazon
Will they work on Origin? Do i have to use the activation link or can they be redeemed directly on the Origin Client?

Can't recall when it was released but quickest way is to:

- Redeem in Origin Client Client should recognize games up to 2009) If this doesn't work
- Try one of the Activation links above, people seem to be having success with those (I haven't had a game that needed it so I can't confirm myself) finally
- Enter a support chat from EA's Help center page. I have used this to get a game redeemed into Origin and they handled it quite well.

Hi,

When I tried to redeem the following keys, it says that "The product code submitted is already used" (for BF1942, BFV, BF2, BF2142, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: The First Decade), and "We are unable to retrieve your product information at this time. Please try again. If this error repeats, please try again later" (for Simcity 4). This is incorrect since I have never attached it to Origin. In fact, Origin doesn't even see the games BF2 and BF2142 even with the expansion boosters along with my Origin account (see image attached). Please advise how can I add the above games to Origin.

Hi
I just trying - crysis, mass effect 1, dead space retail versions - add to my origin game list.. but dead space seem to work trough activation but on the last step there is a message - contact support. crysis and mass effect 1 - is not possible - wrong key or something. anyway key is ok. i could send cd key for all these games (picture of box and key or just key) could help someone coz support seems to be very slow..(i try support but no one wrote back yet) sry for bad english.
retail mass effect 2 and burnout paradise games I added correctly and works fine. I dont want change dvd every time in my pc when I want play so thats why I would like these games in origin. thx for help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/16/2012 06:09:51

i tried adding my crysis 1, mass effect 1, BF2, C&C3, sims 2 ,bulletstorm, and saboteur and i cant do it! none of the links will activate it and i can never get through to a live tech to do this!
Origin  > Ideas and Suggestions
Go to: