EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi tomerm84&haruki61 ,
Thanks for your post back
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi tomerm84&haruki61 ,
Thanks for your post back[/quote]

Dammt! It didn’t work!!!!

But now at least I can see that it say to me when I am trying to launch the game that a "displayname field missing from registry"

What I need to do?!

To delete everything again?!
Or it is something that we can fix whiteout deletes everything again?

Please help me!
?

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi tomerm84,
Thanks for your post back.
The best way is run through the uninstall to clear the registry and then relaunch the install through Origin.
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]Hi tomerm84,
Thanks for your post back.
The best way is run through the uninstall to clear the registry and then relaunch the install through Origin.[/quote]

but i clear the registry. like some one here told me to do.

pleas tall me what to delete from the registry and if after that i need to uninstall the game and origin and to all of it again.

thanks...

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi tomerm84,

Can you try to 'repair install' ME3 in Origin? If it still doesn't work, uninstall the ME3 and reinstall it. Maybe you deleted some necessary registry. For example, can you find some keys in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BioWare\Mass Effect 3

Thanks

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Ok, it is still doesn’t work for me. I will now describe everything that I am doing, hopefully someone here will know what I should do…

First thing, I am deleting ME3 from the origin (by clicking uninstall).
After that I am searching in all of my drivers for ME3 sign and delete them. For example under app application, user and administrator and all users.

After that I am deleting origin app by the origin uninstall.
Then I am starting to look in the registry (window icon+r) under system every sign of the word MF3/mass effect 3 and deleting it. And doing the same thing to the word origin and EA.
After that I am searching of window drivers for origin word and deleting it too (like I do for ME3).

After I make sure nothing exits, I will install origin from the web, then I am getting error message that says that there isn’t internet connection, and then install the update origin (OriginUpdate_8_5_2_23). After that origin will be fine.

After that I am installing the game from my dvd (I were trying ones to download it even from origin). But after the game install, when I am trying to start it, it says that the game needs to be activated. When I am clicking on log in, in different user it says there is an internet problem connection. If I will try to click on activet game it will link me to open new origin account.

What I need to do?

Every time I am doing all of it, origin in the first beginning show me that I have the game (ME3). So he didn’t ask from me in the number key again…

I forget to do something?
My OS is XP.

i think the problem is that when i am trying to start the game, i get the message that says "we could not activate mass effect 3 on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activate the game using your origin account"

And then there is a button of "enter product key". But if i will click on it it will direct me the opening a new account for origin.

Or i could click on "sign in as a different user" but then if i will try to log in again with my same origin account it will say " please check your internet connection. if the problem persists, wait and try again later because the servers may be temporarily unavailable".

What should i do?!!?

Do I need to try and activate it in different new origin id user? To open new one? It wills aloud me?

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hi tomerm84,
Please try to this way.
Login Origin and move you mouse on the ME3, right click , select play now.
Then what happen?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 04:01:55

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]hi tomerm84,
Please try to this way.
Then what happen?[/quote]

i cant right click, due to that when i install origin again, i got this bug that dont let me to do right click or show me the options in the whell icon of the options.

i think i need to unistall everything again and try to install origin again...

Well you just described the problem i had. I solved it the way i told you.
I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the origin many times. After i deleted all i told you to delete (and i am pointing out that i was literally going from folder to folder on C partition and deleted everything i found named origin or mass effect 3 and the content of the folders that origin was using for game installer data and game installation, and all of that in the registry) i reinstalled the origin and then ME3 and the problem was gone.
Unfortunately i can't tell which of the things i deleted was causing the problem....

And after uninstalling the origin and ME3 restart the pc...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 08:53:03

[quote=haruki61]Well you just described the problem i had. I solved it the way i told you.
I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the origin many times. After i deleted all i told you to delete (and i am pointing out that i was literally going from folder to folder on C partition and deleted everything i found named origin or mass effect 3 and the content of the folders that origin was using for game installer data and game installation, and all of that in the registry) i reinstalled the origin and then ME3 and the problem was gone.
Unfortunately i can't tell which of the things i deleted was causing the problem....

And after uninstalling the origin and ME3 restart the pc... [/quote]

i did every thing and it isnt working!!!! it says that he could not activate

it say to me that " displayname field missing from registry"

so i delete somthing from the registry that i shouldnt do?

what can i do?! i am so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo saddd

if i will click on "enter product key" i will show me only the window to open new origin account...

[quote=EA_OriginSupport]hi tomerm84,
Please try to this way.
Then what happen?[/quote]

Can you maybe from remote activate my game? I can access my origin id profile and see that I bought the game, right?

Or could you give me another activate number id and I will just with you new origin id user, and that how we could activate my game?

Because you can see that I doing everything I can in the last couple of days, and still the game says that I need to activate my game, but it wouldn't allow me to do that from my origin id user….

I just want to play with the game I bought with my money, that it….

I think I on something….

I was tried to do something ales now…

I login into origin with different user (new one). And then I click on the mass effect icon, that on my desktop. Then the game told me that I need to activate him, due to a an empty displayname field missing from registry.

So what does it means?!!? That to system lost my product number id for activation in my first attempt!!!. If I am log in with new origin id it allows me to type the number (I didn’t do that because I want the game to be on my old origin id that it is already showing there).

So I think that I need some how to force origin to allow me to type again the mass affect 3 activation number, because when I allow me to do that I show me only how to creat new origin user and not where to type the activation id.

I hope all of you understand me…

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/14/2012 11:48:31

some one?!

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi tomerm84,

Thanks for your post.

It's best to direct to help.origin.com to talk with a game advisor for further help.

Regards,

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Thanks a lot
I have fully legitimate DVD versions of ME, ME2 and ME3, love the series but totally hate that Origin installer >.<

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/2012 07:51:18

Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: