[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin account hacked  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

My Origin account got hacked this morning and I can no longer access it as the hacker has changed the login details.

I spoke to someone on the EA LiveChat but he was unable to help me regain control of the account because I didn't use my real Date of birth in my profile for him to verify me. I've got all my other information, all my game keys, purchase dates, credit card details used; just not the the DOB I used.

I was told that he would help escalate the issue but it could take 9-15 days. I would like to know if there is someone here who could help me regain control faster than that?

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi notseathing ,

Thanks for posting here. It is the best way to visit help.origin.com. A live advisor will assist you to solve your problem.
If you still have the issue, please post back.
[WWW]

I spoke to a live advisor this morning, but unfortunately he could not verify me because I couldn't remember what date of birth I entered in my profile.

My worry is that there is now no way for me to verify my account and I will no longer be able to access the games that I have purchased.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi notseathing ,

Did you have the link live support case,let me know it.

Thanks.
[WWW]

I wasn't given a live support case link unfortunately.

He managed to locate my account via one of my game keys. We got stuck because I couldn't remember the dob and I hadn't set a security question or attached a credit card to the account.

At least they found your account. They had no record of my email address at all, and told me to come back when i remember it. As if I cant remember my own email address (especially as i had to type it in to origin every time i wanted to play a game because it would refuse to remember it)

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi notseathing ,

PM your origin account,id, email ,birthday,game code.i can help you send to live support team,

Thanks.
[WWW]

same thing happened to me . i got track of my account via psn id . and there he was he changed the id ,email and every thing . he is a Russian AH . and he is not playing with my id he just hacked it . and we are not the only ones a lots of people having the same issue .

EA WAKE UP SOMEONE HACKED IN UR SYSTEM AN STEELING ID'S . HE IS GOING FOR THE CREDIT CARDS .WAKE UP
I'LL SUE YOU EA IF SOMEONE USES MY CREDIT CARD . ITS THE SAME STORY WITH PSN

I think part of the problem is that the log in form at profile.ea.com appears to let you try any username and password combination infinitely making it an easy way for people to brute force attack people's passwords.

If you try to log in via origin.com after about 3 tries it'll ask you to fill out a captcha, which helps avoid these brute force attacks.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello notseathing,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please provide me your current/original OriginID, current/original Email related OriginID, CaseID with the advisor( in your Mailbox), order info and this thread link by PM?
Thank you for your time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/07/2012 14:48:00

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

I thought I'd update this in case anybody was in the same situation I was.

I've managed to get my account back today - 6 days after it was hacked. The first thing I did was contact EA LiveChat on the day of the hacking and spoke to someone to try to retrieve my account. They located my account via one of my game keys which I provided. However, they couldn't verify me because I didn't know what date of birth I used when I registered my account (it transpired that this was because my Origin account was either an old EA profile account which got converted to Origin or was created via XBox Live, neither of which require a DOB when you first register). They insisted that they couldn't do anything without the DOB. Because there was no way I could ever produce the DOB I asked them to escalate the issue to someone else - the LiveChat person was happy to do so, but still insisted that whoever it was escalated to would also need my DOB. This made me worried that I could never get my account back but was worth a shot because I had no other choice.

About 4 days later I was contacted by someone from EA Customer Relations who arranged a phone call with me. When we spoke, they could see that the account had been hacked and verified my account by asking what my shipping address was and what games and game keys I had on the account. I had previous dates and order numbers ready from my purchases in case they need that info. After that they could get my account back.

I'm really glad to get the games I'd paid for back and once I'd gotten through to someone from Customer Relations I was impressed with how quickly and efficiently they could resolve the issue.

tl;dr If you get hacked but the support people aren't able to verify you via DOB, don't panic and try to get your issue escalated; there are people who can verify your ID as long as you can provide enough other info.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi notseathing,

Thanks for feedback.

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

Hello! i forgot my security answer/question and i want to change my password because i gave it to a friend and im afraid he steal my account. Pls send me an email ( oleh_nastas@hotmail.com )

Hello, I am not being able to find the live chat, my account got hacked about july/august, at the first time I tried every thing in range to get my account back but unfortunately the only thing i could find was, the guy that hacked my account changed name, email, and of course password, i know every single game i`ve bought in that account but i only have the key of the physical copies. I`m here again after all this time because i can`t stand anymore to see my friends playing BF4, remembering my account got hacked a few days after i bought my deluxe edition. please HELP ME.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: